Aura's possible role in LINK?

A.R.T

Aura's possible role in LINK?

Post by A.R.T »

Aura is the cause of a lot of what happens in the storyline of .hack..and so, since LINK is the final official chapter of the series...what role, if any, do you think she will have in the storyline? I think what the events in LINK are is a second attempt by Amagi and co. to create a new Aura for the network. The 10th anniversary of the Twilight Incident would be the perfect setup for a "Second Coming" so to speak...thoughts?
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Re: Aura's possible role in LINK?

Post by AuraTwilight »

Perhaps. I could certainly run with those ideas, but I would think she would still be asleep, to give some finality to her decision. If my frickin' awesome AI theory is true, I'd imagine Aura showing up to help Tokio get over his existential crisis when he finds out the truth, and maybe unlock his true power. And if it's his destiny to become an Ultimate AI, I might be okay with her being a final boss of sorts. Not that you actually fight her with swords drawn, but she summons a huge monster or something and just watches. "Defeat me, Tokio. Only one who can overcome the Will of the World can be its God."

And if he defeats her, Aura does not die, but the rasen of Samsara turns again. A baby's wails and cries is heard. Aura ascends to an even higher existence where terms such as God have no meaning, and she is free to pursue her own shining future without the hurtful burden of divinity. "But what about me?" "You'll probably become bored as well. When that day comes, I'll meet you there."

And so the cycle continues forever, for this world doesn't need an ending.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

And if he defeats her, Aura does not die, but the rasen of Samsara turns again. A baby's wails and cries is heard. Aura ascends to an even higher existence where terms such as God have no meaning, and she is free to pursue her own shining future without the hurtful burden of divinity. "But what about me?" "You'll probably become bored as well. When that day comes, I'll meet you there."

And so the cycle continues forever, for this world doesn't need an ending.
And everybody wins. Awesome. Sadly, there's a 99% chance that such ending won't happen, and the only 1% will happen if AT is paid by CC2 to develop LINK's plot.

I think we're gonna see Aura in different "phases", before she woke up to being fragmented by Skeith and turning into the Ultimate AI (a wild guess after the stuff i've seen from LINK so far). As of the actual Aura herself, i think she'll be just quiet somewhere until the game is about to end, then she'll come and act in similar ways as in GU, "leading" the party to the truth but not much doing anything herself. Would be awesome if she actually helps you here, as a team ally or just being able to use her powers in a way, but i don't see it happening much either.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

And knowing the stupidity of Link, it'll probably throw us "lol you got Aura's Member Address. She's a Wavemaster."

I should run .hack. I believe this firmly.
twilight_keeper

Post by twilight_keeper »

AuraTwilight wrote:And knowing the stupidity of Link, it'll probably throw us "lol you got Aura's Member Address. She's a Wavemaster."
OMG. Talk about R-tarded. That would be possibly the worst concept that CC Corp could attempt to throw at us... But as soon as I say that, they'll come up with something even dumber.
A.P.Z.A.E.

Post by A.P.Z.A.E. »

As much as I respect your theory, Aura, I hope it doesn't happen. I hate Tokio with a bloody burning passion and if he became God of The World I'd flip. However, it's very well-written, thought out, and I applaud you. : )

Actually I just hate Link and as much as it pains me, I'ma ignore it. V_v specially since they gave my beloved Azure Kite a fricken' mullet. Whut the hell man.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

As much as I respect your theory, Aura, I hope it doesn't happen. I hate Tokio with a bloody burning passion and if he became God of The World I'd flip. However, it's very well-written, thought out, and I applaud you. : )
Thanks, though it's only one theory and I hate Tokio too. Other theories of mine include that he might be still a failure and he's tossed in Net Slum after he fails to help Schicksal's goals, but Aura encourages him to man up and go save his friends anyway.
Actually I just hate Link and as much as it pains me, I'ma ignore it. V_v specially since they gave my beloved Azure Kite a fricken' mullet. Whut the hell man.
Technically he always did.
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

My opinion: She's the same old lazy B*tch who doesn't do squat when it comes to actual physical support.
I only like her for creating Azure Kite. But still, it's like,

"Okay, do my bidding. I'll hit the hay until we're on the verge of losing. Then I
shall lecture you without giving you a straight answer, leaving you to decide weither
this world lives or dies.....That's about it. Wake me when you win! =)
-Aura-
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

It's not like she doesn't deserve the break after running the entirety of the internet for her nigh-entire lifespan.
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

Goddesses IMO, don't need breaks. If that's true, then even the "ultimate" have their weaknesses.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

You obviously haven't been paying attention. The reason Aura went to sleep was because she wasn't an actual goddess and everyone was treating her like one. Her father created her to be humanlike, not divine. It's a responsibility she didn't want, and the only way to get out of it was total apathy.
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

Technically he always did.
Since when, last time i checked in GU i don't remember seeing hair flowing down out his hat, i know that Kite didn't have a mullet..............
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

You obviously don't know what a mullet is.
A.P.Z.A.E.

Post by A.P.Z.A.E. »

Really? O-o I didn't think his GU hair constituted as a mullet. Tho it's harder to classify since he never takes his hat off. Looks more 'overgrown/unkept' to meh. And it's not fair, Aura's hair stayed perfect and tangle-free, and I'm pretty sure she lacks a professional stylist.

...this is just a little off topic. XD
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

I agree, I believe it is AT who doesn't know what a mullet is. Kite has way too much hair in the front. Bangs are pretty much the antithesis of the mullet:

Kite

Richard Dean Anderson
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

Exactly, i do know what mullet is >>

Also, here is another pic, Front and Back

................I see................no mullet
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

The fact of the matter is, Azure Flame Kite's hair in //Link is ridculously long. I personally think it's because of the "rush job" they did with the character arts, especially with characters like Alkaid and Haseo. Then again, in this pic of AFK, he's apparently jumping or floating from a place, making his hair fly up.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

My sister had a mullet as a kid and had bangs. Meh well. If bangs discredit mullets, then Azure Kite doesn't have one in either incarnation.
Mel

Re: Kite's Mullet

Post by Mel »

Why is everyone talking about mullets? :shock:
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

A.P.Z.A.E. wrote:Actually I just hate Link and as much as it pains me, I'ma ignore it. V_v specially since they gave my beloved Azure Kite a fricken' mullet. Whut the hell man.
AuraTwilight wrote:Technically he always did.
And then it began...