Don't do u think they look alike?

prier

Don't do u think they look alike?

Post by prier »

wow! looks like i'm the first one to start a topic in here, anyway when i saw the hero of .hack\\link, the only thing that popped immediately in my mind that he looks alike "Tai" the main character of digimon in the the first vol. that have been created by bandai as well , don't u think that's a little bit strange?, since the whole series of .hack in both R:1 and R:2 didn't lack creativity at all, every thing was unique and amazing, the idea, the style, system, so i admit that i kinda felt surprised and a bit disappointed, what do u think? here is a pix for both of them:

that' Tai:

and that's the main character of .hack\\link:

so, what do u think? what did u think when u first saw him?
Gemcrim
.hack//legendick
.hack//legendick

Re: Don't do u think they look alike?

Post by Gemcrim »

prier wrote: so, what do u think? what did u think when u first saw him?
I thought: "Wow... this guy is going to suck!"

I'll probably still believe this after beating the game, so far from what is known about him, he can't live up to just about any of the previous .hack characters. This is probably just my hatred of his fugly face and his unrealistic skills to beat (supposedly) long games in less than a day. Lastly, yes his stupid hair and goggles remind me of Tai, which in turn reminds me of Matt. <3
Azure Knight
The Sasquatch King
The Sasquatch King

Post by Azure Knight »

Oh. My. God.

I didn't even notice until just now. However, everyone noticed how Haseo looks like Sasuke. How funny is it gonna be when Tai and Tokio's English VA's are the same person?
ULFRIC

Post by ULFRIC »

Well...
//Link is supposed to include everyone from the .hack series. It's kind of like a crossover.
Perhaps they decided to crossover other stuff to.
Who knows,
maybe Taoio is TAI!!!!
no wait...
that's not true...
But yea, Tokio should get Tai's voice just for giggles
prier

Post by prier »

i get ur points of view guys, yet this character doesn't look like it's from the dothack gaming serious at all, i mean even if u didn't know who r they, one look at kite or haseo, and u will realize immediately they are from .hack.
ULFRIC

Post by ULFRIC »

yea, but then you gotta think
Kite and Haseo are PCs created in The World
Tokio is a boy from the real world who gets thrown into The World
he's not a PC
so he wouldn't resemble the specs of a game
we don't necessarily recognize Kite and Haseo as .hack characters
but as characters from The World
because so far, everything we've had of .hack revolves around in game experience
Tokio isn't from the game, and so, doesn't look like he is.
prier

Post by prier »

good point! *thumps up* , yet i think that the games designers are deeply inspired by tai in creating tokio, maybe they r cousins or something :) .
Last edited by prier on Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mirus

Post by Mirus »

Yeah he does look like Tai !

I dont dislike him for it though, I think its nice to see a more lively character as the main one, I mean Haseo was too gloomy and so was Tsukasa.
looking forward to this, <3 to you.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

I thought of this the very first moment i saw Tokio. Seriously, i thought they were talking about Digimon >->'

And yeah, give him Tai's VA xD
prier

Post by prier »

yeah they should xD
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

prier wrote:i get ur points of view guys, yet this character doesn't look like it's from the dothack gaming serious at all, i mean even if u didn't know who r they, one look at kite or haseo, and u will realize immediately they are from .hack.
Actually, the first time I saw Haseo, I thought he was from Witchblade with that wicked Third Form. Tokio seems out of the .hack// universe since he doesn't have any wave symbols on his face or body, just bandage looking things. Think about it, a pure, idiotic adventurer who has goggles on his head........Reminds you of someone else huh? *cough*Naruto*cough*
prier

Post by prier »

_Tri-edge_ wrote:
prier wrote:i get ur points of view guys, yet this character doesn't look like it's from the dothack gaming serious at all, i mean even if u didn't know who r they, one look at kite or haseo, and u will realize immediately they are from .hack.
Actually, the first time I saw Haseo, I thought he was from Witchblade with that wicked Third Form. Tokio seems out of the .hack// universe since he doesn't have any wave symbols on his face or body, just bandage looking things. Think about it, a pure, idiotic adventurer who has goggles on his head........Reminds you of someone else huh? *cough*Naruto*cough*
*chuckle* u r right, but i really don't think that it suits the .hack gaming serious, or maybe i have a really narrow sight!
wave killer
The Inbetweener
The Inbetweener

Post by wave killer »

prier wrote:so, what do u think? what did u think when u first saw him?
"So I was playing as a complete emo and I'm now playing as an abnoxious gamer? Wow, sounds like a winner. . ."

That about somes up my reaction.
Haseo Vi Awesome

Post by Haseo Vi Awesome »

When I first seen him I thought I seen him somewhere. Then my friend said it looked like the guy from digimon.
Annwyn

Post by Annwyn »

Am I the only one that thinks Tokio looks adorable and, I don't know, friendly? >_> Looking at him, I'm getting a major Shu Matsutani vibe. Of course, I doubt Tokio will go through anything anywhere near as terrible as Shu Matsutani did...

Granted, I could be completely wrong about him; I haven't even bothered to read the manga. (Ha!)

Also, from what I've read about him, he seems like a realistic representation of a teenage gamer, and I commend the writers for that. He's bored with the real world, frequently fancies himself the hero of an RPG, right? I've known plenty of kids like that. (I've never actually been one myself. Reality is stressful enough as it is. I ain't saving no princess!)

I'm giving Tokio the benefit of the doubt. n.n

...And yes, he looks exactly like Taichi. >_>
FallenDragon
Location: Lost In A Sea Of Thoughts...or falling asleep in front of the monitor

Post by FallenDragon »

Yes, it was one of the first things that came to my mind, I don't know if that's good or bad but that's what popped into my head :\
Azure Ace

Post by Azure Ace »

Aaaaaah, I used to be a fan of that show...
Anyway, they ARE similar, but I find it highly unlikely that they deliberately copied HIM. There's plenty of other goggle-wearing TV/Book/Comic/Video Game/etc... characters like that to copy from.

Still, I doubt he can live up to Haseo, he's like my clone, but not as funny, and ALMOST as selfish. Well, he WAS, now he's normal... Grrrrr...
bloodwolf2a2

Post by bloodwolf2a2 »

He has the same goggles and there hair looks sort of the same to.
prier

Post by prier »

so, does anyone know when is the release of the game?( sorry i have a so little time online to search about it in the topics) :roll:
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

prier wrote:so, does anyone know when is the release of the game?( sorry i have a so little time online to search about it in the topics) :roll:
No. We're a bit far from that.