.hack//LINK to be the "final installment" of .hack

Tolby

Re: .hack//LINK to be the "final installment" of .hack

Post by Tolby »

But, couldn't you say no one here is qualified based on those criteria? Reading .hack//Epitaph of the Twilight is essential for understanding how teleportation fits in alongside long-established canon, but no one here has read it. I myself have only read the first few chapters but I wouldn't say that qualifies me for much. I really should get around to finishing it, I'm a shamefully lazy reader. But anyway, my point is this: aren't we all pretty handicapped in evaluating Link?
Yes, that is right. Thats why I've said on more than one occasion to reserve judgment. Yea, I understand that there is a lot of information out, and theres the excitement. Its only fair to want to talk about it and voice your opinion, but keep it reasonable.

However, the more experienced you are the more likely your opinion is to have reason behind it. Usually anyways. I'm not saying I'm gonna turn down the opinion of everyone who hasn't experienced every single part of .hack. Just the less they've experienced the less likely they know what they're talking about. It more like a grading system. You don't need a perfect 100 score to pass, but you need a more then a 17 or a 26. Not to say that someone who has a 17 couldn't answer something that someone with a 93 couldn't, just I know who is gonna be my study buddy for the next exam.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Well, looking at the FB thread again it still seems like every member of the group I was originally talking about is at least somewhere in the 80s...
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

Mumbles something about the gap between book/manga releases always saved by the next game. Fricken two year licensing. Yes pointless babble, but there's a question I've been wondering ever since Link's announcement. (Fact had you guys not been talking about it I might have forgotten.) The series is suppose to be an all inclusive work right? That works for most things, but am I taking it too literally when I ask about alcor, gnu and epitaph of twilight?
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Alcor and Epitaph of the Twilight are both confirmed to be in it. No word one way or another on GnU, but it wasn't in that giant list in Famitsu. But yeah, 95% of .hack *is* guaranteed to be in there, with full voicing, and there are over 1000 event demos in the game. Add cutscenes and ingame stuff and that's plenty of time for all the returning characters to shine. It'll be cool to hear many of them for the first time...

Also, back to the speculation thing, I was thinking about it again, and I think Link will probably be fine in that department. Link kicks off the new .hack season, but for the rest of the year threads of the story continue in anime and manga. There'll still be speculation, just like before.
lastadeptrouge

Post by lastadeptrouge »

honestly I have been reading all seventeen pages LOL and what trully bothers me of link is that the decided to crap out on the character design. The whole school uniform thing doesnt really bug me what bugs me is the character they decided to go with. Scaling a game's character from Kite-pretty cool, Haseo-bad ass, to Tokio-digimon character ripoff is whats really killing it for me. Not to mention the cutscenes.....(screams in horror.) Jesum crow what the hell happened. .Hack sign, roots, and other animes and mangas looked pretty good. However the moment I saw the few snipits of cutscenes in Links I wanted to have someone analyze the cyberconnect2 crews skull.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

What are you talking about? The cutscenes look just like XXXX and Twilight Knights. That might be a problem itself, but is it possible you're confusing this with the opening animation? It's pretty much the first .hack game opening animation that isn't just a rehash of in-game cutscenes though, so I say awesome. That and I like the art style.
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

I feel horrible, but during these earthquakes and tsunamis, I'm worried about my game. Someone say they feel/felt the same, if only for a second.
renadeles

Post by renadeles »

I know personally I do feel good about the game so far, the demo was not perfect but I enjoyed it overall. I don't voice my opinion too much here because I don't see the point. Y'all who hate it kinda seem over the top with that hate, if I may be frank.

I don't understand the PSP hate (I've owned a PSP for a long time now, still like it more then my DS even) nor the hate for a game not out yet. You can put a LOT on a UMD, and it can look very pretty. I am sure I'll have a lot to drool at :)

Also my suspension of disbelief is quite strong when it comes to .hack. Yes it has been less fantasy-esque with it's sci fi, but that's okay. New is good and all that.

Also very sad to see such bashing of fans. Not all fans are like that, and to be so prejudice can lead to being elitist.
.hack//AnimechaZero

Post by .hack//AnimechaZero »

It would be a total bummer, if they ended the series. But ide be willing to bet that, like a lot of games, if //LINK sells well ide imagine they world at the very least put plans in for something new in the .hack world (ie, new anime, manga, game)
MizuTakishima

Post by MizuTakishima »

.hack//AnimechaZero wrote:It would be a total bummer, if they ended the series. But ide be willing to bet that, like a lot of games, if //LINK sells well ide imagine they world at the very least put plans in for something new in the .hack world (ie, new anime, manga, game)
I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed that they'll at least come out with a new manga or something, after .hack//Link that is. Maybe a new anime but I can't remember...and what was the one with the funny name again?
.hack//AnimechaZero

Post by .hack//AnimechaZero »

MizuTakishima wrote:
.hack//AnimechaZero wrote:It would be a total bummer, if they ended the series. But ide be willing to bet that, like a lot of games, if //LINK sells well ide imagine they world at the very least put plans in for something new in the .hack world (ie, new anime, manga, game)
I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed that they'll at least come out with a new manga or something, after .hack//Link that is. Maybe a new anime but I can't remember...and what was the one with the funny name again?
Im sorry, I completely disregarded the new (potential manga/anime. I meant afterwards, potentially a new story line and whatnot.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

MizuTakishima wrote:I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed that they'll at least come out with a new manga or something, after .hack//Link that is. Maybe a new anime but I can't remember...and what was the one with the funny name again?
They announced a new anime after LINK...but i think it'll be like, let's say, Unison or Returner. Maybe more than 1 episode, but still, it'll be just like that...an anime that follows the story of the game and leads to a final conclusion.

And the other was that .Hack//ChupChopCase or whatever...the thingy with the very funny name, and i think it was a manga or a novel meant to describe the end of R:1, Mia being raped by Amagi, and a new Piros character. Either way, i can't really take it seriously with that name >3>''
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

There is also .Hack New Testament and Old Testament, or something like that
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

Those are really just info books though that came with the Quarantine pack of .hack//Link. I mean, they're THE ultimate info books, but still.
Advent_Winter

Post by Advent_Winter »

The only mystery that we seem to have no idea about, is .hack//X'over.
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

I'm loving this game with all my heart and soul. I mean I have no idea whats going on so the story could kill the hell out of it. But man.. all the characters, reliving through my favorite .hack moments in a game, the cutscene style is awesome, everything is picture and text but still so much voice acting. The customization (I gots a kitty on my head), everything. I love this game. The art, the songs (of course), just everything.
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

It seems Link didn't turn out to be an epic failure after all. I can't wait to play the game in English. Maybe if this becomes a greatest hit the series would continue on. I like the games more then the anime, or manga for obvious reasons.
Reioumu

Post by Reioumu »

I'm actually enjoying myself quite a lot with Link right now after beating the crap out of GU forever ago.

I hope it's not the final installment as I get addicted to .Hack games when I start playing them for some reason, but the preview for this game made me tear cause I didn't want it to end :(.
Virgillius

Post by Virgillius »

I just want to ask something...
Will that announcement about EA Sports will affect the release of .hack//link in US?
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

Imma stab you.

But yes, yes it will. Delayed. Now its three times farther away then the release date they gave us.