.hack//LINK to be the "final installment" of .hack

.xTokiox.

Re: .hack//LINK to be the "final installment" of .hack

Post by .xTokiox. »

Well, that's good news then. Saves me some cash in my wallet.
eaglesiegle

Post by eaglesiegle »

Gemcrim wrote:
TheSorrow wrote: Well, her change IS the most noticeable of all, because this is the image i remember of Midori the most and if you dare to compare then only her legs look the same, though yeah, you can tell anyhow she's Midori. And yeah, i noticed the changes of others and also mentioned it before, just that Midori was the one to surprise me most. I like most if not all the changes anyhow :P
The only difference I'm noticing is that her outfit has a simpler design by comparison (THANK GAWD!). Other than that it's more or less the same thing, I see why it's noticeable though, now that she doesn't look like she over accessorized and in doing so made herself look a lot more likable to me.
.xTokiox. wrote:I see. I'm also guessing //Link's gonna be on multiple volumes too. It just seems a bit too much to fit all of those characters and a 25+ hour storymode on one UMD. Not to mention the level cap is about 200, from what I've seen in the manga.
I recall previous posts stating this would only be a single volume game. I don't know how they'll fit everything in, but we'll see soon enough I suppose.
Has anyone ever thought that it could be release with more than one disk in the same package?!
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

Crammed within the tiny disc is all of our passion and knowledge and skill! Its possible to have more than one disk but, right now I am more along the lines of thinking, does anyone ever read.
Gemcrim
.hack//legendick
.hack//legendick

Post by Gemcrim »

|<!73 wrote:Crammed within the tiny disc is all of our passion and knowledge and skill! Its possible to have more than one disk but, right now I am more along the lines of thinking, does anyone ever read.
Yes we're well aware, but it's a bit difficult to see how they would fit each and every single thing on a single disk unless the game is extremely short, all we may get are those manga cutscenes, there may be little to no voice acting as well. Perhaps I'm just too used to .hack being on multiple disks, but they wouldn't be lying about anything like this since they announced the amount of volumes for other games before hand, so one disk seems possible, but it prepares me for a possibly short game unless we're going to have to actually be forced to grind in hopes of continuing through a possibly short story.
Last edited by Gemcrim on Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

That does make a little sense. I kept thinking that if there were 100 character's plus and 33 party members it was long enough to hold something for each one. Though I wonder how far does that go. As you stated the manga cuts scene are probably to reserve space.
The-Missing-Spade

Post by The-Missing-Spade »

AuraTwilight wrote:
If this is true, then you just spoiled the entire game for so many people, when it hasn't even hit shelves! XD
Might as well, since I predicted the existence of Link three years ago.
AT?!
Please try to warn us before you post your prophecies. :/

While it might seem like your theory could actually be true....I doubt the creators would make such a thing that obvious. They always have a way of twisting our initial theories. psh...
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

While it might seem like your theory could actually be true....I doubt the creators would make such a thing that obvious. They always have a way of twisting our initial theories. psh...
Well, aside from the Great Deception, everything was fairly obvious in retrospect.

Besides, Link is so obviously inferior that I'm not really expecting any worthy plot twists that'd blow our expectations out of the water. Though the theory I posted IS pretty cool and might cheer me up enough to re-consider my loathing.
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

AuraTwilight wrote:
Well, aside from the Great Deception, everything was fairly obvious in retrospect.

Besides, Link is so obviously inferior that I'm not really expecting any worthy plot twists that'd blow our expectations out of the water. Though the theory I posted IS pretty cool and might cheer me up enough to re-consider my loathing.
CC2 has ways of throwing us off. They proved it when G.U. was born.
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

Why end .hack and why does the story have to be Link. Its already bad enough the story sucks in many ways for Link, but to end it all here. Not just me, but everyone here must be thinking .hack is ending after link F***. I know I am. What do we have to do start a riot ,and get its known to the world? What will happens to the forums?
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

CC2 has ways of throwing us off. They proved it when G.U. was born.
Uh, no ****? Did you read what I said? I just addressed that.
Why end .hack and why does the story have to be Link. Its already bad enough the story sucks in many ways for Link, but to end it all here. Not just me, but everyone here must be thinking .hack is ending after link F***. I know I am. What do we have to do start a riot ,and get its known to the world? What will happens to the forums?
This is why I say the series should've ended after Returner.
Gemcrim
.hack//legendick
.hack//legendick

Post by Gemcrim »

For those who do want .hack to continue: In my opinion each series has become progressively worse.

.hack IMOQ and Sign were amazing and Liminality complimented the games quite well but isn't too great on its own. AI Buster and the more important parts of AI Buster 2 also expanded the story in a way I enjoyed, more or less discussing AI. While I would like to say something on Zero, I've never read it but from what I know it has what I feel to be a very important place in the story. In short the original series was great. Another Birth is also included here retelling the basics of IMOQ but actually gives us some insight into the life of Blackrose which I did enjoy.

LotT, part of the original series, I rather not talk about how I feel about this, enjoyable but... for my opinion think a superior version of Link... just not good enough.

.hack G.U. great games the game play is arguably better than the first ones (in my opinion any way) and it does have a great story, I'd say this is on par if not then a bit under the original games. Roots was enjoyable at some points but for the most part I found myself bored and a good portion after the Brigade broke up seemed like filler to me. From what little of GnU I read had me bored, never had the opportunity to read Alcor but from what I hear it's not that great. CELL seems interesting, but unfortunately yet another one I've yet to read. Now then here's where I have a bit of a problem, the story of GU being retold multiple times, in the form of manga, a novel, and even a movie, (Novels aren't in English yet but it's just another retelling with variations) while each of what I actually had the opportunity to read and watch are entertaining the fact remains that they aren't completely original stories, simply varied forms of GU with new or altered concepts. Then I suppose XXXX is included in conglomerate, just another retelling, enjoyable and adds a new way to see Cubia, but it's just IMOQ told differently. XXXX I can let go, but all the ways that GU is being retold annoys me and cheapens this part of .hack for me a bit.

Finally we're at Link, I can only judge what I've read, and so far I dislike it far more than I did LotT, if the game is anywhere close to following the manga which it most likely is then .hack has become much worse in my eyes.

Looking at this pattern, for the most part the quality of .hack has decreased and if another were made I fear it would be worse than Link might be.

So I'm actually glad that this series can finally be at an end, though I love it.
ME

Post by ME »

Hey all I haven't been around in over a year but I felt I'd check up to see what was happening to .hack; just to throw in my two cents to me .hack ended with GU. After finishing GU I felt content, no real mysteries left no unanswered questions. So I think I'll just ignore //LINK until someone I respect makes something of it.
Aika

Post by Aika »

This is even worse news then the newest game coming on the PSP :l Hopefully it's not what it means.
The-Missing-Spade

Post by The-Missing-Spade »

AuraTwilight wrote:
This is why I say the series should've ended after Returner.
I'd the say the ending to .Hack//LOT the manga was a waaay better ending. In fact, when I actually thought it was the ending I felt content.
Don't get me wrong the entire G.U series was good and all, but it was waaay to exaggerated ,and like Gemcrim mentioned, repeated too many times. It's significance decreased.

But for them to let it end with .Link...? Seems more like a lame attempt to satisfy the audience with another "unision" type of thing. *sigh*

It just doesn't make sense....they started sooo good, it was entirely captivating and suspensefull. :(
eaglesiegle

Post by eaglesiegle »

I agree that they went over board with the retellings of GU but I am like the only person in the world that likes LINK and welcomes it as a great part of the series. Before quoting me on this I still dont like Tokio but I Like link.
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

Here is another set of scans. These don't have a blur, but they are not as flat.

http://www.luperry.com/files/images/IMG_2521_2.JPG

http://www.luperry.com/files/images/IMG_2555_2.JPG
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

I hope someone with more japanese knowledge than mine (which doesn't go farther than です) can be kind enough to translate those scans, if only to see if there's more information about the game or the characters returning. Perhaps translating some of the game screenshots, such like the attack names, would be nice to, to give us a small idea about the gameplay.
ShinoBee

Post by ShinoBee »

My opinion now. :D

I'm telling you right now I can't write fanfics for //LINK unless something really sparks. That and Tokio reminds me of Kyero waaaaaay too much it disturbs me. -_-

PSP seems to becoming a popular choice for animu RPG games. I think I know what else I should get soon. Graphics are a bit meh, but hey, I like the manga-in-game concept. And since this is the "end" of .hack (isn't this the second time they said this???), seriously, are you sure? I bet if they manage to milk this series out (or keep on milking out //GU), then there will still be .hack. Or maybe Project .hack is so sick of .hack that they just want it to end like this and make sure noone lieks it.

Saika reminds me of Chidori from Full Metal Panic now due to her hair color. I love Subaru's little magical girl makeover (except the head thingy). Is it scary for me to say Yowkow's hairstyle is something like what I used to wear when I was a lito kiddo?

And where the **** is Klarinette srsly?
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

I'd the say the ending to .Hack//LOT the manga was a waaay better ending. In fact, when I actually thought it was the ending I felt content.
Don't get me wrong the entire G.U series was good and all, but it was waaay to exaggerated ,and like Gemcrim mentioned, repeated too many times. It's significance decreased.
I'll agree with that, but GU was worth the continuation, and, although I agree there were too many, I enjoyed the retellings. And on the subject of retellings, anyone who reads XXXX and says they didn't enjoy it have no souls.
That and Tokio reminds me of Kyero waaaaaay too much it disturbs me. -_-
Ugh, now any hopes I had of liking Link are totally gone.
ShinoBee

Post by ShinoBee »

AuraTwilight wrote:
That and Tokio reminds me of Kyero waaaaaay too much it disturbs me. -_-
Ugh, now any hopes I had of liking Link are totally gone.
It's truth yo.

Fanfic about KyeroxTokio. Heaven or hell, let's rock!

(...jk of course I wouldn't do that, that's not my taste and standards.)