So.....

Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Re: So.....

Post by Kuukai »

If that's the way you approach Online Jack, you can approach LINK the same way. Maybe Tokio disappearing is artistic symbolism. If anything it's harder to justify Online Jack since characters actually talk about it...
Talc Moirae

Post by Talc Moirae »

I'm not looking forward to this game.

Unless they fix up the story and change Tokio's character altogether, there's an infinitesimal chance that I'll buy it.

I don't have a PSP anyways.
Dot Hack Crono

Post by Dot Hack Crono »

Just saw this, I'm going to hope for a port to the PS2 or a new game on the PS3 I made a vow to not buy a system for only a handful of games combine that with my loathing for handhelds and yea. Though if I were to buy a handheld it would definitely be PSP since the screen isn't super tiny.

http://kotaku.com/5131276/hack-is-coming-back-on-psp
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Kuukai wrote:If that's the way you approach Online Jack, you can approach LINK the same way. Maybe Tokio disappearing is artistic symbolism. If anything it's harder to justify Online Jack since characters actually talk about it...
I wasn't really aiming for the "symbolism" approach. Tooru and company are in a computer lab exhibiting abnormal phenomena which Tooru is apparently psychokinetically controlling, and when Aihara tries to touch him, he gets shocked, before they all disappear when the computers return to normal. One of the more obvious implications is that they're holograms or using Za Warudo magic to mess with sensory perception.

Either way, I personally only accepted the GU series because of the Rule of Cool. It was sufficiently awesome enough to excuse any **** it introduced. Link, so far, isn't doing that, as even without the plot problems, it's just not that good.
My Japanese Animes

Post by My Japanese Animes »

Congrats to CC Corp on deciding to release a game on a dead system. I really can’t justify ever owning a PSP, even though this brings the sum of games I’d like to play on it to a rousing total of three.

It’s kind of sad news, really.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

AuraTwilight wrote:I wasn't really aiming for the "symbolism" approach. Tooru and company are in a computer lab exhibiting abnormal phenomena which Tooru is apparently psychokinetically controlling, and when Aihara tries to touch him, he gets shocked, before they all disappear when the computers return to normal. One of the more obvious implications is that they're holograms or using Za Warudo magic to mess with sensory perception.
That's one completely subjective way to look at it, but I don't think most people would agree, and that's what I'm saying. What we think happened in LINK could be anything too, but if we take the most obvious explanation in each case we're left with canon teleportation. The camera sees it too. What is this, Ghost in the Shell?
AuraTwilight wrote:Either way, I personally only accepted the GU series because of the Rule of Cool. It was sufficiently awesome enough to excuse any **** it introduced. Link, so far, isn't doing that, as even without the plot problems, it's just not that good.
I wasn't amazingly captivated by G.U.+, either, but the game version showed me...
My Japanese Animes wrote:Congrats to CC Corp on deciding to release a game on a dead system. I really can’t justify ever owning a PSP, even though this brings the sum of games I’d like to play on it to a rousing total of three.
It's actually pretty popular... in Japan.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

That's one completely subjective way to look at it, but I don't think most people would agree, and that's what I'm saying. What we think happened in LINK could be anything too, but if we take the most obvious explanation in each case we're left with canon teleportation. The camera sees it too. What is this, Ghost in the Shell?
Well.... :B I was going to say psychic impressions on the tape ala Ringu lolololol.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Personally I think that makes even less sense, and doesn't really help your case, but you can think what you want... Just saying that it's not a very solid argument...
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Obviously I'm not being serious if i'm invoking the Ring.
Lukar

Post by Lukar »

Glad I got a PSP last year. ^^ Can't wait for Link, although it sucks that it's probably the last game in the series. However, it looks to be a good game so far- I hope that the trailer gets leaked early.

Also, it'd be awesome if they included a separate online/multiplayer mode in the game ala Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates, where you choose your class, gender, etc. and... bah, you get the picture. ^^

Oh, and one more thing: I wonder what the new desktop will look like?
Azure Knight
The Sasquatch King
The Sasquatch King

Post by Azure Knight »

F*CK.

A PS3 is the ONLY console that I don't have, and I'm not going to buy it, since I know that I'll never use it again after playing //LINK. Here's hoping that it'll come out on PS3...

F*CK.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Azure Knight wrote:F*CK.

A PS3 is the ONLY console that I don't have, and I'm not going to buy it, since I know that I'll never use it again after playing //LINK. Here's hoping that it'll come out on PS3...

F*CK.
Uh...you mean PSP at first, right?
fepkk

Post by fepkk »

I am really hoping that this game turn into something way much better than the manga. Maybe the manga was a way for cc2 to test how people would react to this different plot and see how they could create a new story that can be attractive to everyone. Yet, as far as I have seen, this game might be really great, giving me one more reason to buy a PSP. Actually, I would prefer a PS3 game, but I am glad that it is a PSP one(it was my second option).
Maakasu

Post by Maakasu »

AWESOME NEWS!

I just hope the rumor about it being the final .hack// series isn't true............=(

Also if it is the final one. So they say. I have heard people say this before...but then boom a new series. But anways if it is the final one...I hope they will finally have some sort of Multiplayer in it!!!!!!! Unless that takes to much attention from story. But Multiplayer would be finally welcomed! in a .hack game. Like maybe have the main story.....But then a Multiplayer option also on main menu that allows you to create your own Character and choose ur own class and have lots of choices for character looks (hair, tattos, face, eyes, basic clothes, etc). Then Join up with 33 of the charaters you can use in story. But of Course not without unlocking the characters in Story first. Or join up with a Friend and do quests and events that CC2 and Bandai Namco can release (as long as Bandai Namco doesn't charge anything, for something that shouldn't cost anything) And win prizes and unique weapons and armour with unique abilities. Also have the choice to choose Human or Beast (Ya,Lei and Tu tribes). Also if they have an arena. PVP battles!! For gold and items. (even put things up to bet against eachother). Even form Guilds and have a chat room or even place to chat and @home if they exist in .hack//link. I can keep going and going and going but I have to go eat XD! I know I might be getting ahead of my self for a PSP game but it would be cool to see some of these things. Im going to go write these ideas and more down lol. If they make a .hack game for PS3 it would be cool to have multiplayer!
Azure Knight
The Sasquatch King
The Sasquatch King

Post by Azure Knight »

TheSorrow wrote:
Azure Knight wrote:F*CK.

F*CK.
Uh...you mean PSP at first, right?
Oops... yes I did. Rage makes me type badly.

Do you guys think that the characters from the older .hack games/shows will be your party members?
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

Yes, it was already confirmed 100 returning characters and 33 party members.
Azure Knight
The Sasquatch King
The Sasquatch King

Post by Azure Knight »

|<!73 wrote:Yes, it was already confirmed 100 returning characters and 33 party members.
100? Whuzzat?
Didn't even realize that .hack had 100 main characters.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Not really "main" characters, but if you include random characters such like A-20 and Puchi, it does reach 100 characters. Or heck, throw in characters like Henako, Syake, 1/2, Nogmung and Neja and some others...that'll fill the list in no time, and they will technically be "returning characters" xD
Maakasu

Post by Maakasu »

Is it 100 or didn't they say over 100 returning characters and then No less than 33 useable ones. Im still hoping for some sort of multiplayer
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

100 returning with 33 party members, probably not exactly 100 and not exactly 33 but still aproximate. So, out of all returning characters, we'll only be able to use around 1/3 of them, but there's too the chance that completely new characters will also be part of the team (for example, Saika), reducing the possible list of returning members we'll have in our team. So, maybe we could see Sirius or Helba, but just able to see them and not for us to have :/