So.....

Akasu

So.....

Post by Akasu »

Heh. First thread. So, reactions on //LINK being on PSP?
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Re: So.....

Post by TheSorrow »

WAT

Though that was more of a reaction after knowing there will really be a LINK game...i just didn't think it was actually going to be possible. But i'm actually happier with it being on the PSP rather than DS or PS3, and if LINK's story will actually be expanded much enough, then the overall idea of having a game with it doesn't sound too bad when i think about it.
Adhemas

Post by Adhemas »

Hm...At first: It's great to finally see a new .hack game. It's based on LINK but I still hope that it will be good.

But I hope that there will be a new .hack game for the PS3 too. Not that I don't like the PSP but it's not the same as a real console
like PS3 and such. Maybe they now want to make two or three games on different platforms instead of use the same for all games
like they did before with the PS2. - Besides that, it seems like the game will more likely be some introduction story (like .hack//SIGN was).
IMO the story of LINK doesn't seem to contain the main plot of the new .hack generation, but that's only my guess.

Let's see,..I hope it will be good. And I hope that I will finally get a PSP before it's released in America xD
Akasu

Post by Akasu »

TheSorrow wrote:WAT

Though that was more of a reaction after knowing there will really be a LINK game...i just didn't think it was actually going to be possible. But i'm actually happier with it being on the PSP rather than DS or PS3, and if LINK's story will actually be expanded much enough, then the overall idea of having a game with it doesn't sound too bad when i think about it.
Yeah. That, and it will be affordable! :D . No $300+ price tag for me. Although, I'm a bit curious as to how this is going to work. Afterall, this is the first ever .hack// game on PSP. Seeing CC2'S other PSP projects, like Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Heroes, I think it might do well. Still, why must Tokio be the main character?!!! X(
Maromi
moo.
moo.

Post by Maromi »

Way more excited to see a true next-gen .hack using the Naruto engine they used previously.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Well, it's definitely a step down graphically but they seem to be working around that pretty well. Hopefully it'll be the first .hack to use DLC, and it could definitely connect to a PS3 game if there is one in the future. I somehow doubt there will be a PS3 version though, since there's no longer a subtitle after "LINK." It's its own thing, not a prologue for something else...
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Here's to hoping it's a remake of the manga that fixes the plot into something I'd be willing to accept. I forget, did CC2 make comments about being disappointed with the manga, or was that a wonderful, wonderful dream?
Hamiko

Post by Hamiko »

I'd have been much happier if it were a console game, but this is looking pretty cool. Still hoping for a port/sequel on a console.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Actually, apparently the story is "completely different," only the setting is the same as the manga, so it's entirely possible nothing people didn't like about the manga will show up in the game. I doubt it, though, teleportation is as canon as player-character telepathy and Aura appearing in the sky, people are just going to have to deal...
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

apparently the story is "completely different"
I'm entirely happy with just those words. Maybe there will still be bad/crazy stuff i'll have to deal with, such like the teleportation thingy, but as long as the story starts a little more plausible and it isn't all "OMFG imma Tai cosplayer and i be suddenly hero after cwazy mageekz and i winz YAY!!!", i'll be grateful and looking forward to it.
emptyazureskies

Post by emptyazureskies »

so one on another topic called this the turn a gundam of .hack. if that is true i can't wait the gundam seed of .hack which is next :) and then after that is the gundam 00 of .hack *drools*
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

So they jumped into the adaption thing pretty quickly this time. No worries though this game still looks awesome. They are probably going to have the same endings though? Similar to XXXX versus the original series?
emptyazureskies

Post by emptyazureskies »

hmmm... i wonder if this game will link up to a future ps3 game adding to the ps3 game... kinda like how the gamecube hooked up to the gba and the wii to the ds(like in the pokemon game, zelda fours swords?, etc.)
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

great.............now i have to buy a PSP -_-
FallenDragon
Location: Lost In A Sea Of Thoughts...or falling asleep in front of the monitor

Post by FallenDragon »

This is what probably will give me the push to make me buy a PSP; and although I'm not all that happy that the game is based on LINK, one can hope that the game will finally give us a different taste that the manga has left us.
|kenji|

Post by |kenji| »

Kuukai wrote:Actually, apparently the story is "completely different," only the setting is the same as the manga, so it's entirely possible nothing people didn't like about the manga will show up in the game. I doubt it, though, teleportation is as canon as player-character telepathy and Aura appearing in the sky, people are just going to have to deal...
didn't someone say that this game will be a direct sequel to the manga?
well if it's as you say it's way much better :D
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

I doubt it, though, teleportation is as canon as player-character telepathy and Aura appearing in the sky, people are just going to have to deal...
Prove it. Aside from Epitaph of Twilight and Link, both of which are fairly suspect regardless, imo, there's no evidence for teleportation.
so one on another topic called this the turn a gundam of .hack. if that is true i can't wait the gundam seed of .hack which is next :) and then after that is the gundam 00 of .hack *drools*
Oh you can kiss the filthiest, most unwashed bowels of my inner asshole.
hmmm... i wonder if this game will link up to a future ps3 game adding to the ps3 game... kinda like how the gamecube hooked up to the gba and the wii to the ds(like in the pokemon game, zelda fours swords?, etc.)
Do PSPs even DO that?
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

Do PSPs even DO that?
Yea, with the PS3, its called Remote Play

Its a function on the PS3 that lets you control it with your PSP as the controller
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

TheSorrow wrote:I'm entirely happy with just those words. Maybe there will still be bad/crazy stuff i'll have to deal with, such like the teleportation thingy, but as long as the story starts a little more plausible and it isn't all "OMFG imma Tai cosplayer and i be suddenly hero after cwazy mageekz and i winz YAY!!!", i'll be grateful and looking forward to it.
Ummm, I don't think Tokio's character design or premise is going to change so you may be out of luck...
emptyazureskies wrote:so one on another topic called this the turn a gundam of .hack. if that is true i can't wait the gundam seed of .hack which is next :) and then after that is the gundam 00 of .hack *drools*
Honestly, Turn A Gundam was way better than Seed. 00 is pretty, but I haven't seen enough to formulate an opinion. At any rate, recycling the Wing formula is bogus and should be ended, or at least done right. Stop killing the guy with the coolest Gundam! Imagine if they had killed off Trowa after like 10 episodes. The whole show would have been terrible. Stop trying to merge Wing and Zeta, it's not going to work! ...Okay, I guess I ranted...
AuraTwilight wrote:Prove it. Aside from Epitaph of Twilight and Link, both of which are fairly suspect regardless, imo, there's no evidence for teleportation.
Umm, Online Jack? That was part of the G.U. games, whether you like it or not...
AuraTwilight wrote:Do PSPs even DO that?
Uh, yeah, they do, I just mentioned that above...
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Umm, Online Jack? That was part of the G.U. games, whether you like it or not...
Yea, so? I still hold to the theory that it was all holograms. Or that Aihara was dropping some AIDA-infected acid.