Count Down: Countdown Reached!!!

Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Re: Count Down: Countdown 1 Days

Post by Kuukai »

Gemcrim wrote:
Kuukai wrote:Except fragment just imported old character models and shrank two of them for their "cameos." LINK features more than 100 characters, all redesigned. It's not really a lazy project. Probably the next most likely option would have been PS3, and that would have cost even more...
Are you serious about the hundred characters thing? I mean, didn't GU promise many more than what we got?
They promised playtime in some sort of subjective, qualitative way, but this time they actually gave us a number. There will be more than a hundred characters.
k-su wrote:Well if this aint sum good news at a bad time (for me anyway, computer busted again) actually i'm not surprised about famitsu released info b4 the countdown since they did it w/ devil summoner 2. anytime i see new .hack, i seriously get so excited tho the front page says its the last one. is that bit confirmed? well in any case i'll be looking forward to it.
It's confirmed as far as the article goes. They could always change their minds, but this is supposed to be the end.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

100 returning characters? That's hella' retarded. Though this probably means that they'll fumble and have Sora/Haseo or Elk/Endrance, or whatever, as separate characters, breaking Link's canonicity. Let us pray.
Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if the writers attempted to pull this off in some way, and if they can do it in a way that makes some sense then I'll be satisfied enough
Well, it already kind've is built off the Collective Consciousness to a point. Za Warudo is basically a Superorganism of the Internet.

Which means it's 4chan in an alternate timeline. No wonder it causes so many Network Crisii. Morganna's a f*cking troll.

...I shall now leave you all to imagine Rickroll and Data Drain being synonymous. Enjoy.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Well, it already kind've is built off the Collective Consciousness to a point. Za Warudo is basically a Superorganism of the Internet.

Which means it's 4chan in an alternate timeline. No wonder it causes so many Network Crisii. Morganna's a f*cking troll.

...I shall now leave you all to imagine Rickroll and Data Drain being synonymous. Enjoy.
Oh lulz
Then what would Aura be? Anonymous?
RyougaZell

Post by RyougaZell »

Im sold... and I see Haseo as a party member on the first screen above. Hopefully all the characters from this scans will be party members.
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

I like that we get to see so many characters. If this is the final game then this was the way to do it. CC2 has never been much on separating their stories from the main so this just makes it even more enjoyable. Plus if people argue against the game a simple point back to the manga and everything is back on track. Well planned. Still I wonder how it will and if the countdown is for this. I can't imagine anything else it would be for however, I am still eager. Also yes I have given up on the whole separate game thread from the countdown. People seemed to shocked or excited to notice the differences.

EDIT: Its so awesome that the wiki is going to have trouble keeping up with everything.
Last edited by |<!73 on Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zered

Post by Zered »

In the one image, it shows Ovan with the lock on his arm....

If Ovan is shown in the game with the lock(unless its a flashback), would that alone be enough to consider this to be non-canon?
Afterall, he does lose the lock at the end of G.U....
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

Not exactly. The chrono cores when altered involve returning a character's data to a previous time in The World. Since the Akashic Records keep that information its more than plausible to see something like that.
Zered

Post by Zered »

|<!73 wrote:Not exactly. The chrono cores when altered involve returning a character's data to a previous time in The World. Since the Akashic Records keep that information its more than plausible to see something like that.
Wouldn't that bring back the AIDA <Tri-Edge> though?
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

I don't think so or at least not in the same sense as it was in R:2. It would just apply to that character, similar to how Tsukasa's used the guardian or Haseo was borderline Terror of Death again. Still even if that is the case we don't know the story line for this version of LINK so anything is out there.
k-su

Post by k-su »

Another path of thinking could be that while link is announced as the last game, they could pull what they did when GU and fragment were released, announcing another game to come b4 the previously announced game. Wishful thinking, I suppose. Whatever the case, the countdown ends tomorrow, so we'll see. I hope their announcement isnt just LINK, even if its the TC DS game. A countdown should lead to something big, imo.
wave killer
The Inbetweener
The Inbetweener

Post by wave killer »

So out of those 100 characters, how many are actually playable?
k-su

Post by k-su »

33 i believe was the number playable in-party. its stated on the dothackers top page
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

If you could "play" as someone other than Tokio that would be cool, but so far I don't think they've said anything to that effect that's legible...
GodGinrai

Post by GodGinrai »

I know. I want to be able to play as Tsukasa and Albireo so badly.

-God Ginrai
k-su

Post by k-su »

sry. poor choice of words i guess. i meant chars we'd have access to in the party. kuukai is correct. sry for any confusion.
GodGinrai

Post by GodGinrai »

No, I understood what you meant. I was just expressing that I think they SHOULD allow you to actually play as seperate characters.

-God Ginrai
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

A countdown should lead to something big, imo.
Well, announcing a new game as well as mentioning to be the last of the series isn't exactly "small" :P Plus, if i've been following these posts nice enough so far, that magazine and those scans were actually supposed to be released tomorrow, it just happened to be done printing earlier and some people managed to get their hands on it.
k-su

Post by k-su »

TheSorrow wrote:
A countdown should lead to something big, imo.
Well, announcing a new game as well as mentioning to be the last of the series isn't exactly "small" :P Plus, if i've been following these posts nice enough so far, that magazine and those scans were actually supposed to be released tomorrow, it just happened to be done printing earlier and some people managed to get their hands on it.
i suppose u have a point, there. well, here's hoping we're pleasantly surprised tomorrow. otherwise i'm still excited for a new game. it'll be day 1 regardless. probably get both versions, cuz i'm impatient and enjoy collecting.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

GodGinrai wrote:No, I understood what you meant. I was just expressing that I think they SHOULD allow you to actually play as seperate characters.

-God Ginrai
Hopefully the PSP move means there will be some sort of multiplayer, which would probably not involve everyone playing as Tokio...
Kaoshima

Post by Kaoshima »

AuraTwilight wrote:100 returning characters?
Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you- AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!eleventy