and i jus got a PSP for xmas >:D

Mwahahaha~

now the only question left is when itll reach me X.x
Hamiko

Re: Count Down: Countdown 2 Days

Post by Hamiko »

Wow

Color me surprised.

This looks good, I already like the UI changes and all the characters that are back and the news ones too (Albireo, finally in a game!). I have no idea what class this new //Link hero is though, and I wonder if we're finally going to be able to play other people.

And also wondering if this will be the only .hack// game for this gen.
A.R.T

Post by A.R.T »

My only complaint...no anthro giraffe girls...but Tabby's good, I suppose, though she's kinda on the generic cat girl side of things. Sirius really needs a return as playable character, he was awesome. I SERIOUSLY hope this game's story makes sense in terms of the overall mythology though, I hope and pray. At least falling into a coma and having your mind stuck IN the game was somewhat plausible (though the time difference in G.U. when the AIDA had eveyrone stuck for only three minutes real time was just stupid)..
Mellow Grunty
Suredeath Hellman
Suredeath Hellman

Post by Mellow Grunty »

I hope those aren't the only returning characters. Too many //G.U. characters, (at least, Alkaid should be replaced with Pai/Yata) only two //I.M.O.Q. characters, no Orca, Blackrose, Natsume or Piros?
Maromi
moo.
moo.

Post by Maromi »

My initial reaction is looks like plenty of fanservice, but I'll hold my criticism/optimism until I see more.
Akasu

Post by Akasu »

I knew this was going to be a PSP Title. I just knew it. Any idea about the game mechanics, controls, etc.? It would suck if we can't use Data Drain as a skill anymore...
Azure_Flame_Deity

Re: Count Down: Countdown 1 Days

Post by Azure_Flame_Deity »

.hack//LINK, eh? Huh...

I'm a little disappointed. The manga never managed to really capture my attention anyway, so I'm not as psyched for this game as I was for //GU. Still, .hack is .hack, so I'll give it a try.

...Once I've stolen my sister's PSP. :B
emptyazureskies

Post by emptyazureskies »

crap now i need a psp or steal my cousin's to play this game...
Gemcrim
.hack//legendick
.hack//legendick

Post by Gemcrim »

This... depresses me... a lot. There are so many returning characters, some that I'm certain should probably never touch "The World" again. I'm still not convinced Tsukasa would ever touch "The World" again, and I was under the impression Albireo wouldn't either, yet I see what looks like him in those scans. While it's great I'll have a chance to have all these characters I am genuinely concerned with how the story will hold up as I've been hearing terrible things so far,or at the very least people are making them sound terrible and we all have higher standards from the writers and would rather avoid things like crossing over into a digital world... which I'm seeing a lot (I personally don't have a problem with this even if it is nonsense, because the very moment I **** and moan about this is the moment I'll have to admit to hating Digimon and that I'll never do.)

My issue as I stated, all these returning characters, I don't know why they're here and I don't want .hack to become something I grow to hate due to things like this. LINK just looks like fanservice to me, it's nice to see some characters again, but when they've fulfilled their role in a story I'd rather not see them again unless it was in a decent fan-fiction so I wouldn't take things as seriously.
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

like fanservice to me
yea, like a crappy fan-ficition
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

things like crossing over into a digital world... which I'm seeing a lot (I personally don't have a problem with this even if it is nonsense, because the very moment I **** and moan about this is the moment I'll have to admit to hating Digimon and that I'll never do.)
Oho, but there's a difference! I'm a Digimon fan, and I hate Link. Why? Because Za Warudo is, while special, still an MMO contained on physical, real-world servers, while the Digital World of the Digimon series is an extra plane of existence on the other side of the Internet with no physical correlation to any server, and while it is made of data, it is built upon the collective unconsciousness of the human race and is thus a purely metaphysical realm.

HA!
Gemcrim
.hack//legendick
.hack//legendick

Post by Gemcrim »

AuraTwilight wrote:
things like crossing over into a digital world... which I'm seeing a lot (I personally don't have a problem with this even if it is nonsense, because the very moment I **** and moan about this is the moment I'll have to admit to hating Digimon and that I'll never do.)
Oho, but there's a difference! I'm a Digimon fan, and I hate Link. Why? Because Za Warudo is, while special, still an MMO contained on physical, real-world servers, while the Digital World of the Digimon series is an extra plane of existence on the other side of the Internet with no physical correlation to any server, and while it is made of data, it is built upon the collective unconsciousness of the human race and is thus a purely metaphysical realm.

HA!
Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if the writers attempted to pull this off in some way, and if they can do it in a way that makes some sense then I'll be satisfied enough because at this point .hack is becoming "mainstream turd" (I use this term somewhat loosely) and if they write something decent that doesn't sound as idiotic as something I'd create then I'll be glad so long as I actually have some fun playing the game. My expectations for .hack have lowered, and though it is sad I take it as reality.
eaglesiegle

Post by eaglesiegle »

Oh please ignore what was on this post i forgot about the copyright rule. sry sry sry!!!!
Last edited by eaglesiegle on Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist
Location: "...in the rift between consciousness and unconsciousness of all souls..."

Post by Haseo{Terror of Death} »

That one in the corner is definitely Midori since on the bottom of the image it reads ".hack//CE" which I assume to be CELL.

Also, Yay Albiero's back!.... but...I want to know why he came back, but his outfit change is pretty cool as is Balmung's.

Am I the only person who is okay with Alkaid being back in The World? (Although Blackrose and Orca should be back.) And also...Ovan has the armcase again *sigh* I hated that boss battle... I'd rant more but I'm looking at the scans... ORGEL! :D YUSH! Orgel is my favorite new character, and with those guns...more importantly his big ole machine gun thing, I want him in my party! TT Geist reminds me of hetero just a little

Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Don't mess with Orgel's ravens. There are over a hundred returning characters, so odds are your guy is in it.
wave killer
The Inbetweener
The Inbetweener

Post by wave killer »

Mellow Grunty wrote:I hope those aren't the only returning characters. Too many //G.U. characters, (at least, Alkaid should be replaced with Pai/Yata) only two //I.M.O.Q. characters, no Orca, Blackrose, Natsume or Piros?
BlackRose should be there. She was said to appear in the manga, so I assume she'll be here.
TsukasaElkKite

Post by TsukasaElkKite »

All I have to say is WAT? AND FUCKKKK I DON'T WANNA HAVE TO BUY A PSP NOW! >< THIS IS GONNA BE LIKE A BAD RIPOFF OF FRAGMENT OR SOMETHING!
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Except fragment just imported old character models and shrank two of them for their "cameos." LINK features more than 100 characters, all redesigned. It's not really a lazy project. Probably the next most likely option would have been PS3, and that would have cost even more...
Gemcrim
.hack//legendick
.hack//legendick

Post by Gemcrim »

Kuukai wrote:Except fragment just imported old character models and shrank two of them for their "cameos." LINK features more than 100 characters, all redesigned. It's not really a lazy project. Probably the next most likely option would have been PS3, and that would have cost even more...
Are you serious about the hundred characters thing? I mean, didn't GU promise many more than what we got?
k-su

Post by k-su »

Well if this aint sum good news at a bad time (for me anyway, computer busted again) actually i'm not surprised about famitsu released info b4 the countdown since they did it w/ devil summoner 2. anytime i see new .hack, i seriously get so excited tho the front page says its the last one. is that bit confirmed? well in any case i'll be looking forward to it.