.hack//LINK Unofficial Fan Translation Project

FZFalzar
lurker
lurker

Re: .hack//LINK Unofficial Fan Translation Project

Postby FZFalzar » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:31 am

Lindz wrote:v.04 is out!

https://dothacktranslate.wordpress.com/2017/08/04/hacklink-english-patch-v0-4-released/

The latest patch for .hack//Link has been released! It contains all S files, and has some some cleaner grammar and spelling, although many files still need work. A future patch will correct all the spelling, grammar, and plot issues.

In theory all main & side story dialogue is translated now but I know I'm not the only one that encountered translated dialogue in one scene reverting to untranslated in the next in the past patch. So we gotta stay vigilant while investigating this new version of the game!

Which I will do when the following error is figured out:

Error: ".\data\apc\msg\apcmsg01_bri.css" is not found.

The patch process is grinding to a halt for me here. Ditto for the v0.3.5 patcher which I'd been able to do previously so it must be something up with my pc?

I seem to have solved this issue. The folder directory within the patch zip is the problem, it should not ship with the data folder at all. A look at the batch script shows that it should detect and extract data.cpk to ./data, but if ./data folder is found first (regardless of whether it is empty or not) this step is ignored. The patch requires data.cpk to first be extracted, so if its not extracted there would be no original files to patch, which then leads to the patch process failing with the above ^. This is how to rectify currently:

1) Download a fresh copy of the patch, delete data folder within it
2) Place data.cpk in the patch folder root as instructed
3) Run patcher

Enjoy the game!

Kazetrigger
.hacker
.hacker

Postby Kazetrigger » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:29 am

FZFalzar wrote:
Lindz wrote:v.04 is out!

https://dothacktranslate.wordpress.com/2017/08/04/hacklink-english-patch-v0-4-released/

The latest patch for .hack//Link has been released! It contains all S files, and has some some cleaner grammar and spelling, although many files still need work. A future patch will correct all the spelling, grammar, and plot issues.

In theory all main & side story dialogue is translated now but I know I'm not the only one that encountered translated dialogue in one scene reverting to untranslated in the next in the past patch. So we gotta stay vigilant while investigating this new version of the game!

Which I will do when the following error is figured out:

Error: ".\data\apc\msg\apcmsg01_bri.css" is not found.

The patch process is grinding to a halt for me here. Ditto for the v0.3.5 patcher which I'd been able to do previously so it must be something up with my pc?

I seem to have solved this issue. The folder directory within the patch zip is the problem, it should not ship with the data folder at all. A look at the batch script shows that it should detect and extract data.cpk to ./data, but if ./data folder is found first (regardless of whether it is empty or not) this step is ignored. The patch requires data.cpk to first be extracted, so if its not extracted there would be no original files to patch, which then leads to the patch process failing with the above ^. This is how to rectify currently:

1) Download a fresh copy of the patch, delete data folder within it
2) Place data.cpk in the patch folder root as instructed
3) Run patcher

Enjoy the game!

Thanks for catching this issue! I didn't realize this problem was occurring. I'll fix this for the next patch. Hopefully no one has this issue again after that.

zeromaveric
lurker
lurker

Postby zeromaveric » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:44 am

just registered for a bug i came across. no clue if it's been reported. started the game on version 3.5, and recently updated to 4.5. i'm currently in the Roots era, going through the event where the Brigade is ambushed by TaN. when i walk up to the Tri-Edge logo, Sakisaka is supposed to say something, but it comes up blank, which freezes my game. only way to get around is to skip the cutscene before he opens his mouth

again, no clue if it's a common bug or not, since it seems present in 3.5 as well

Lindz
.hack//legend
.hack//legend

Postby Lindz » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:14 am

Reading that the next patch is "getting close" after starting a new playthrough last week kinda bites but is also kinda exiting! There may not be much translating left ta do, but what remains prolly isn't gonna be any less of a doozy than whats come before it!

I think I read some time ago that editing is gonna done for the last patch, is that correct? Cause I'm still seeing errors I found years ago. Leaving me wondering if its worth screenshotting and posting stuff this time around, when prolly almost all of its already known & waiting on the backburner/final patch for correcting.

Kazetrigger
.hacker
.hacker

Postby Kazetrigger » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:07 am

Lindz wrote:Reading that the next patch is "getting close" after starting a new playthrough last week kinda bites but is also kinda exiting! There may not be much translating left ta do, but what remains prolly isn't gonna be any less of a doozy than whats come before it!

I think I read some time ago that editing is gonna done for the last patch, is that correct? Cause I'm still seeing errors I found years ago. Leaving me wondering if its worth screenshotting and posting stuff this time around, when prolly almost all of its already known & waiting on the backburner/final patch for correcting.

Yes, all editing is waiting for the final patch. Don't worry, I'm aware of most of it and I'll find mst of it as I go through the files again.

Lindz
.hack//legend
.hack//legend

Postby Lindz » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:31 pm

Kazetrigger wrote:Yes, all editing is waiting for the final patch. Don't worry, I'm aware of most of it and I'll find mst of it as I go through the files again.

Good ta know my memorys not failing me! Thanks!

Keyaki
custom (PM an admin for a custom rank)

Postby Keyaki » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:44 pm

Just a quick heads-up. I came across a few freezing issues at a few instances during the //Roots era. It often happened when I accessed the menu of Tokio and the Union PC he's with.

Code: Select all

You just sold your soul for a chance at a Walmart gift card...

Lindz
.hack//legend
.hack//legend

Postby Lindz » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:32 pm

My PSPs frozen twice on the Grand Whale now. Once from entering the Akashic Records menu and then returning the the GW, and the second time was right after I'd saved. Luckily for the latter one my save went through fine an didn't end up corrupted (it also helps that I save frequently and rotate between the three save slots). Never had this happen in any previous version.

Keyaki wrote:Just a quick heads-up. I came across a few freezing issues at a few instances during the //Roots era. It often happened when I accessed the menu of Tokio and the Union PC he's with.

Going into the Status menu while in an area has been bugged since pretty much the beginning! Checking it out for Tokio solo on the Grand Whale is stable enough but throw a party member into the mix an your in for a freeze. Which stinks cause ya can't check out allies skills and stuff!

Keyaki

Postby Keyaki » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:45 pm

I just found an even more worrisome glitch. This one is actually game-breaking.

It happens at the very last chapter in the //GU era. Right after Tokio returns to Mac Anu and he goes to talk to Atoli, the game completely freezes and the PSP(if you're using one) shuts down.

I haven't tried the clean, untranslated ISO yet but this is something that I just discovered last night figured something like this should be known now.

Lindz
.hack//legend
.hack//legend

Postby Lindz » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:55 am

v0.4.5 dropped on thursday! Says all the mails are translated now along with some small fixes! Gonna switch over my in-progress run to that version right away!

edit! or maybe I shouldn't cause the old mail freeze bug may have returned! Checking mail from oldest to newest the first one that got me a freeze was "Configuring Friends" from Toki-runty and its far from the only one ta do so o.o;

Keyaki wrote:I just found an even more worrisome glitch. This one is actually game-breaking.

It happens at the very last chapter in the //GU era. Right after Tokio returns to Mac Anu and he goes to talk to Atoli, the game completely freezes and the PSP(if you're using one) shuts down.

I haven't tried the clean, untranslated ISO yet but this is something that I just discovered last night figured something like this should be known now.

I posted about it several patches ago... which means years ago so its no surprise people forgot or that new players never knew! The solution I found was to boot up my UMD copy of the game, load up the save, progress past her dialogue there, and then go back to the patched ISO.

shadowfire36
lurker
lurker

Postby shadowfire36 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:34 pm

So i am trying to added the translation and followed the directions step by step . i now have 2 iso files , the original and the patched . When i try to run the patched iso with ppsspp i get an error and it crashes . The only way i can get the game to play is by having the original iso in the same directory with the patched iso .
Is this the way it is supposed to work , or did i do something wrong ?

Kazetrigger
.hacker
.hacker

Postby Kazetrigger » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:35 pm

shadowfire36 wrote:So i am trying to added the translation and followed the directions step by step . i now have 2 iso files , the original and the patched . When i try to run the patched iso with ppsspp i get an error and it crashes . The only way i can get the game to play is by having the original iso in the same directory with the patched iso .
Is this the way it is supposed to work , or did i do something wrong ?

They shouldn't need to be in the same folder. Try searching Nico Blog. That might help.

Keyaki

Postby Keyaki » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:33 pm

KazeTrigger, got a small typo to report. In the .Hack//X'Over chapter where Haseo wants to meet with Blackrose, when they get to the area, Tokio calls Haseo a good for nothing and then Haseo smacks them. The lines where Tokio yells "Ouch" and Haseo yells "Shut it" are backward. Meaning Tokio is yelling "Shut it" after he gets smacked by Haseo and Haseo yells "Ouch"

Return to “//LINK”