.hack//LINK Unofficial Fan Translation Project

tori
lurker
lurker

Re: .hack//LINK Unofficial Fan Translation Project

Postby tori » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:19 pm

I have a problem with the new patch v0.2.3. It starts after I completed the first level and went back to open my 'e-mail' for the first time, the screen froze and everything stopped. I'm playing //link using ppsspp emulator and I hope you can fix this in the new patch.
I'd like to thank you a lot for your hard work on this translation and maybe hope you help me in this matter.

Kazetrigger
.hacker
.hacker

Postby Kazetrigger » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:33 pm

tori wrote:I have a problem with the new patch v0.2.3. It starts after I completed the first level and went back to open my 'e-mail' for the first time, the screen froze and everything stopped. I'm playing //link using ppsspp emulator and I hope you can fix this in the new patch.
I'd like to thank you a lot for your hard work on this translation and maybe hope you help me in this matter.

The freezing is all over the game, but the e-mail section has the most issues. There is currently no fix except to use the ISO swap trick and there will likely be no fix until the very last patch or perhaps as a supplementary patch after the game is completely translated.

Keyaki
custom (PM an admin for a custom rank)

Postby Keyaki » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:13 pm

So I tried my hand at, once again, downloading all the patches and patching the game. Following the instructions so far with no problems starting with the first patch, Mirage Mutation Patch v0.2. But when it gets to step #6 of "How to Add the new DATA.CPK and other files to the ISO", I'm not sure what it means when it tells me to delete the opening.pmf file while running UMDGen v3.50 and replace it from the patch.zip file.

Exactly, what zip file?

Code: Select all

You just sold your soul for a chance at a Walmart gift card...

Kazetrigger
.hacker
.hacker

Postby Kazetrigger » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:12 pm

Keyaki wrote:So I tried my hand at, once again, downloading all the patches and patching the game. Following the instructions so far with no problems starting with the first patch, Mirage Mutation Patch v0.2. But when it gets to step #6 of "How to Add the new DATA.CPK and other files to the ISO", I'm not sure what it means when it tells me to delete the opening.pmf file while running UMDGen v3.50 and replace it from the patch.zip file.

Exactly, what zip file?

The 0.3 version patch was just released. Use that patch.

The zip file is the patch archive file you downloaded. When you open it, it contains all the files you need. The opening.pmf file is in the videos folder in the patch zip file. The opening.pmf file is not found in patches before 2.3 I believe.

Keyaki

Postby Keyaki » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:54 pm

Kazetrigger wrote:
Keyaki wrote:So I tried my hand at, once again, downloading all the patches and patching the game. Following the instructions so far with no problems starting with the first patch, Mirage Mutation Patch v0.2. But when it gets to step #6 of "How to Add the new DATA.CPK and other files to the ISO", I'm not sure what it means when it tells me to delete the opening.pmf file while running UMDGen v3.50 and replace it from the patch.zip file.

Exactly, what zip file?

The zip file is the patch archive file you downloaded. When you open it, it contains all the files you need. The opening.pmf file is in the videos folder in the patch zip file. The opening.pmf file is not found in patches before 2.3 I believe.

So just patch with just the 0.3 version?

When I opened v0.2 patch in UMDGen I saw the opening.pmf file in the movie folder

Code: Select all

You just sold your soul for a chance at a Walmart gift card...

Kazetrigger
.hacker
.hacker

Postby Kazetrigger » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:11 am

Keyaki wrote:
Kazetrigger wrote:

Exactly, what zip file?

So just patch with just the 0.3 version?

When I opened v0.2 patch in UMDGen I saw the opening.pmf file in the movie folder

Yes, just use 0.3. It shouldn't be that complicated to patch. You can skip the video part if you wish.

Lindz
.hacker
.hacker

Postby Lindz » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:15 pm

https://dothacktranslate.wordpress.com/ ... anslation/

v0.3.5 is out!

I see those completion numbers are really high up there now! Time for me ta get rolling on yet another playthrough huh?

SSJScygoku
.hack//expert
.hack//expert

Postby SSJScygoku » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:33 pm

^(^ - ^)^ thanks for letting us know, yay for more translations.
ImageImage

Elk_HL
lurker
lurker

Postby Elk_HL » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:06 pm

Hello,

I downloaded only the patch v0.3.5 and followed the instructions but the game is still all in japanese.
Do I have to apply all the patchs one by one? Or am I doing something really wrong in the process? :(

--edit--

aaa it was just a java problem, it worked now!!
Thanks for your hard work, its amazing! :D

dtdsora
lurker
lurker

Postby dtdsora » Mon May 15, 2017 1:24 pm

Just got through to the first part of the IMOQ era, putting my notes... I didnt actually start taking notes until i started doing the skits, though

Skits:
  • Man of destiny: Say's "They've overcome many ordeals", shouldn't it be "We've" or "You've"
  • There's no love like a parents(?, last bit was covered):"A bunch" I dont think 2 is considered "A bunch", and at some point, Bear returns to speaking Japanese
  • ??? Time off (covered by the last one):a "company" man, not really a phrase i've heard, but if "business" man wouldn't fit, that's understandable. Also "Hot spring of the Twilight of the Twilight"???
  • "Secret Ambition" (ひそかな野望):Mimiru becomes yoda, saying "Did not we"

IMOQ part 1: Kite says "Delta Collapsing Primitive Heavens" is where Orca was DD'd, shouldnt it be "Bursting Passed Over Aqua Field"
part 2: Mistral is apparently an "itekm" collector
>Welcome to "The world"
-Ovan

Return to “//LINK”