The Duplicate Phenomenon

Discuss the multitude of .hack Manga and Novels!

Moderator: Moderators

Falions

The Duplicate Phenomenon

Post by Falions »

I forgot to post this here, but I recently translated the little booklet that came with the white variant Haseo Figuarts ZERO. I'm also starting another .hack translation project parallel to Kazetrigger's, and the other stuff I've been working on should be up soon (I'm just waiting on my typesetter friend).

Enjoy!
Erroneous
Complaint Department
Complaint Department

Re: The Duplicate Phenomenon

Post by Erroneous »

Not sure if it's just me, but the PDF doesn't appear at all on Firefox. Loads fine on Chrome though.
Falions

Post by Falions »

Erroneous wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 10:38 am Not sure if it's just me, but the PDF doesn't appear at all on Firefox. Loads fine on Chrome though.
I use Firefox and it works for me, so it's a local error.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

I'm using firefox and it works for me!
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

Thanks for taking the time to translate these rather obscure short stories! Who knew lore was attached to the release of some character figures? I sure didn't! Makes me wonder what other figures or random merchandise in general has included such stuff o.o

I'm having alil bit of a hard time figuring out when this takes place cause the first sentence of page 7 should contradict the fourth sentence of page 13. Unless the former one is now implying both Atoli and Sakubo's users had something to do with R:1 which seems like new outta nowhere info!
Falions

Post by Falions »

Lindz wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:24 pm Thanks for taking the time to translate these rather obscure short stories! Who knew lore was attached to the release of some character figures? I sure didn't! Makes me wonder what other figures or random merchandise in general has included such stuff o.o

I'm having alil bit of a hard time figuring out when this takes place cause the first sentence of page 7 should contradict the fourth sentence of page 13. Unless the former one is now implying both Atoli and Sakubo's users had something to do with R:1 which seems like new outta nowhere info!
It takes place right after Haseo gets his 3rd form in G.U. vol. 2, so I don't think those two have been discovered yet (IIRC). The book itself is dated 2017 and the e-mails open with Yata's analysis of Haseo's 3rd form, so yeah.

Also, the regular colour one also came with a booklet that's like a journal of sorts written by Haseo (it's not as interesting as it sounds, it's basically him going I NEED POWER for a few pages. I'll get around to it eventually).
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

:3 thanking you for the translation, I take it you used the booklet from your own figure?

?-? what other projects will you be translating?
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

Falions wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 12:47 amIt takes place right after Haseo gets his 3rd form in G.U. vol. 2, so I don't think those two have been discovered yet (IIRC). The book itself is dated 2017 and the e-mails open with Yata's analysis of Haseo's 3rd form, so yeah.

Also, the regular colour one also came with a booklet that's like a journal of sorts written by Haseo (it's not as interesting as it sounds, it's basically him going I NEED POWER for a few pages. I'll get around to it eventually).
Ah I noticed the different dates for the messages sent so it mostly makes sense now. But its also why CC2 either shouldn't do specific dates, or should do 'em an stick with 'em lol. Cause this puts most of Vol.2 taking place after Sept. 21st when previously it seemed like all of G.U. went from July through September O.o; So Haseo shoulda 100% had his Xth Form prior to October. I guess maybe Yata never got the chance to question him about the white Skeith?

The second one sounds extremely Haseo-ish >_> will look forward to it all the same in any case!
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

Hmm interesting to note that this concept of Tri-Edge returning Skeith data to Haseo isn't exclusive to this booklet.

Project X Zone 2 spoilers:
 For some reason (time travel, dimension hopping, whatever) or another Skeith became seperated from Haseo an through the course of the game Tri-Edge shows up but not to attack Haseo. Like for instance the second time Tri-Edge shows up, he actually leaves after Skeith arrives. Later on much further into the game Tri-Edge shows up with Skeith following after him. Kite suggests that perhaps Tri-Edge has been trying to lead Skeith back to Haseo! Of course Haseo is skeptical of this cause he hasn't yet learned the truth about Tri-Edge but hey its at that point they defeat Skeith and the data returns to Haseo so he can use his Avatar (and he & Kite gain their Multi-Attack!).
Tarsilo

Post by Tarsilo »

Thank you for your translate