.hack//Link English vol2 is out!

Discuss the multitude of .hack Manga and Novels!

Moderator: Moderators

iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

.hack//Link English vol2 is out!

Post by iuliathe3rd »

Yep, it's been released, people. Although knowing the general opinion on this board about the manga, I'm guessing very few of you are excited about this news. :V

But yeah, I got the volume a day early thanks to Amazon and so I've already read it. For some reason they gave Posaune a German accent. Did he have some special speech pattern in Japanese or is this just Tokyopop being cute again? Not that I mind it terribly, it just struck me as slightly odd.

Also, there's a certain image in the manga that I'm gonna want to scan and color eventually; it'd make a great avatar. :3
Gemcrim
.hack//legendick
.hack//legendick

Re: .hack//Link English vol2 is out!

Post by Gemcrim »

I'm more excited than you can imagine. So much so that I'm going to ask... when is the next volume of CELL again?
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

Check the front page. :V
Gemcrim
.hack//legendick
.hack//legendick

Post by Gemcrim »

Ah, Nov. 30. After this all I need is the 4th volume of the GU Novel to come out and all I care about has been purchased. :T
(Phantom) Thief

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

Anime Monkey wrote:Yep, it's been released, people. Although knowing the general opinion on this board about the manga, I'm guessing very few of you are excited about this news. :V

But yeah, I got the volume a day early thanks to Amazon and so I've already read it. For some reason they gave Posaune a German accent. Did he have some special speech pattern in Japanese or is this just Tokyopop being cute again? Not that I mind it terribly, it just struck me as slightly odd.

Also, there's a certain image in the manga that I'm gonna want to scan and color eventually; it'd make a great avatar. :3
I haven't managed my way to a bookstore. But do you have a basic summary? I have the original volumes but it would be nice to know what the translations make of it. Also which image are you choosing?...Say Panzer... I didn't notice anything special about Posaune's accent but I doubt it'd that off. I guess it sounded weird in the game...
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

You need to be converted towards LiNK, Gem.

Also went to my bookstore yesterday and they had neither yet. The guy there was trying to get me to buy G.U.+ Volume 3 because "that has to be what I'm talking about".
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

(Phantom) Thief wrote:I haven't managed my way to a bookstore. But do you have a basic summary? I have the original volumes but it would be nice to know what the translations make of it. Also which image are you choosing?...Say Panzer... I didn't notice anything special about Posaune's accent but I doubt it'd that off. I guess it sounded weird in the game...
A summary, huh? I'm not terribly good with summaries, and I don't have the manga with me, but let's see...

Tokio and Tsukasa go to Lumina Cloth, Tsukasa chases after Tri-Edge while Tokio runs into Haseo and figures out 1) that Haseo has a Chrono Core and 2) that he's a really weak newbie. Posaune then does something to Haseo's memories to make him think that Tokio is the one who PK'd Shino, not Tri-Edge.
Shortly after, Tsukasa returns unsuccessful in his chase, and they both go to the arena and see Alkaid's match. Tokio feels like an even weaker newb. Then after Alkaid wins, Haseo comes in and interrupts everything and he's all "omg I'm spooky and scary now" so Tokio knows something's up. And then Haseo and Alkaid fight and Haseo beats the crap outta her. Tokio wants to jump in and help, but Tsukasa reminds him what a weakling he is right now.
So then instead we get more panty shots with a Panzer!Saika. She tries to fend off Haseo in order to rescue Alkaid, but no good Alkaid's joined the dark side now. So instead she takes Tsukasa and Tokio and vamooses the hell outta there. Also Haseo had tried to attack Tokio but some mysterious cloaked figure saved him so yeah.

And then they end up in some completely different area; more fanservice; Saika's calling Tokio weak again and he's like "yeah I know" which throws her off and makes her all tsundere. Then she has to leave 'cause lol school. So umm... at some point Tsukasa and Tokio get separated, Tsukasa runs into Haseo who tries to attack him so Tsukasa defends himself with his guardian, but Haseo is complete hax and almost kills Tsukasa when... Tri-Edge jumps in and saves the day! At least long enough to save Tsukasa. Oh, and Tokio gets saved by the mysterious cloaked figure again and is all, "Master, train me!" And the cloaked figure soon gets revealed to be someone in a teddy bear suit (*coughklarinettecough*) and she sorta agrees to train him. Warps him to an area, pushes him off a cliff, tells him to try climbing back up it, Tokio complains that he can't 'cause it's like literally trying to climb a cliff for him, and teddy!Klarinette's all "lolwut". Then after many failed attempts, Geist appears. The end.

Yeah. Also, the image I want to scan is of chim!Shino. 'Tis silly. :V
Gemcrim
.hack//legendick
.hack//legendick

Post by Gemcrim »

Tolby wrote:You need to be converted towards LiNK, Gem.
The day I admit Link to be anything above mediocre is the day you start loving G.U. and sing its praises without question. I gave both manga and game a chance and was highly unimpressed even with learning what had occurred so, opinion changed, but only from "horrible" to "slightly tolerable."
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Chim-Shino = Win. I wish Saika did more epic hacking in the game...
TheEnigma
The Beholder of Chaos
The Beholder of Chaos

Post by TheEnigma »

Damn I still have to get the first one! I have been so behind with all the .hack media thats been released since GU that I have fallen quite behind. Need to get me some moolah.