Cubia's Return

Discuss the multitude of .hack Manga and Novels!

Moderator: Moderators

shadow of skeith

Cubia's Return

Post by shadow of skeith »

So, after gaining some really important information, I decided to post another interesting factor into the .hack//LINK mix. Now that Tokio's just begining his journey to save "The World" I now have this feeling. Could it be possible, that Cubia will return? Since, eventually, Tokio will discover some secrets about the game that no one else knows about, which will probably disrupt some things and possibly bring the beast back.
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist
Location: "...in the rift between consciousness and unconsciousness of all souls..."

Re: Cubia's Return

Post by Haseo{Terror of Death} »

As long as there is a Key of the Twilight, Cubia will always, and because "The World" is full of giant unbelievable crap, it will always happen.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Why the hell not? EVERYONE ELSE is coming back. It'd totally rule, though, if we got human Cubia. Then I can enjoy Link better AND be right about it being non-canon. It'd rule so hard.
shadow of skeith

AuraTwilight wrote:Why the hell not? EVERYONE ELSE is coming back. It'd totally rule, though, if we got human Cubia. Then I can enjoy Link better AND be right about it being non-canon. It'd rule so hard.
Human Cubia.......I wonder.......
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist
Location: "...in the rift between consciousness and unconsciousness of all souls..."

AuraTwilight wrote:Why the hell not? EVERYONE ELSE is coming back. It'd totally rule, though, if we got human Cubia. Then I can enjoy Link better AND be right about it being non-canon. It'd rule so hard.
well, we could have human Cubia and it be canon as long as there are no memories
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Haseo{Terror of Death} wrote:
well, we could have human Cubia and it be canon as long as there are no memories
Nah, because inevitably Cubia has to be a returning character if at all, and he won't be recognized in his human form unless there was a precedent.
nobodyknows
Resident cynic
Resident cynic

Post by nobodyknows »

AuraTwilight wrote:
Haseo{Terror of Death} wrote:
Nah, because inevitably Cubia has to be a returning character if at all, and he won't be recognized in his human form unless there was a precedent.
ah... but there was a precendent of cubia's human form. he appears in .hack//XXXX. need proof? check out .hack//wiki =].
shadow of skeith

ah... but there was a precendent of cubia's human form. he appears in .hack//XXXX. need proof? check out .hack//wiki =].[/quote]Yeah, but AT already knows that.
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist

nobodyknows wrote:
AuraTwilight wrote:
Haseo{Terror of Death} wrote: well, we could have human Cubia and it be canon as long as there are no memories
ah... but there was a precendent of cubia's human form. he appears in .hack//XXXX. need proof? check out .hack//wiki =].
Then it would be non-canon if he appears in Link because XXXX is non-canon since IMOQ is canon
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

nobodyknows wrote: ah... but there was a precendent of cubia's human form. he appears in .hack//XXXX. need proof? check out .hack//wiki =].
Yea, no ****? What do you think I was talking about, genius? I'm talking about a precedent in actual canon.

God dammit, do you really think I wouldn't of known? I probably read XXXX before you even heard about it.
mr.classybear

Post by mr.classybear »

Just becuase he was human in XXXX, doesent mean he cant be human in a canon storyline. We wouldent recognize him, but we would probaly find out his identity sooner or later.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

mr.classybear wrote:Just becuase he was human in XXXX, doesent mean he cant be human in a canon storyline. We wouldent recognize him, but we would probaly find out his identity sooner or later.
*Head+wall*

Do you people not understand context? I meant if Cubia came back exactly as he was in XXXX and was REMEMBERED AS SUCH. Jesus, people. I know I use tough words, but meet me halfway here.
emptyazureskies

Post by emptyazureskies »

hmmm... that's true cubia models his character after the key of twilight holders... meaning a new look to human cubia if he were to appear
shadow of skeith

emptyazureskies wrote:hmmm... that's true cubia models his character after the key of twilight holders... meaning a new look to human cubia if he were to appear
Then again, Cubia WILL have a new look, monster or human, since the design drastically changed from the original .hack// games to XXXX to G.U. every time. I know in LINK, CC2 will use an even more abstract-looking Cubia, possibly.
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

Who knows if Cubia will return or not. However, with so many factors occuring in LINK there might be even more than one. If this is accurate and data from the past is being restored then the worse case senario of 3 to 4 Giant Monsters with the ability to spawn multiple Gormara = Ownage. Historically there are three. But since Cubia is run by a single program then I doubt that possiablity. On a side note about the Key of the Twilight though its already been established that its a guide to the truth. Dose anyone else think that the Akashic Records fit the best despription of the Twilight Key known by normal players? "A item that can grant any wish in The World" Seeing as how the Akashic Records manages data in The World and having its power can grant Godlike Control?
shadow of skeith

|<!73 wrote:Who knows if Cubia will return or not. However, with so many factors occuring in LINK there might be even more than one. If this is accurate and data from the past is being restored then the worse case senario of 3 to 4 Giant Monsters with the ability to spawn multiple Gormara = Ownage. Historically there are three. But since Cubia is run by a single program then I doubt that possiablity. On a side note about the Key of the Twilight though its already been established that its a guide to the truth. Dose anyone else think that the Akashic Records fit the best despription of the Twilight Key known by normal players? "A item that can grant any wish in The World" Seeing as how the Akashic Records manages data in The World and having its power can grant Godlike Control?
That sounds like the purpose of the "Twilight dragon" than the twilight key to me.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Who knows if Cubia will return or not. However, with so many factors occuring in LINK there might be even more than one. If this is accurate and data from the past is being restored then the worse case senario of 3 to 4 Giant Monsters with the ability to spawn multiple Gormara = Ownage. Historically there are three. But since Cubia is run by a single program then I doubt that possiablity.
Historically there's been two, actually, and they're all just incarnations of the same beast, awakening when it must.
On a side note about the Key of the Twilight though its already been established that its a guide to the truth. Dose anyone else think that the Akashic Records fit the best despription of the Twilight Key known by normal players? "A item that can grant any wish in The World" Seeing as how the Akashic Records manages data in The World and having its power can grant Godlike Control?
Agreed.
That sounds like the purpose of the "Twilight dragon" than the twilight key to me.
As I've told you before, the Twilight Dragon isn't an object like that. The Key of the Twilight is a philosophical manifestation of the Truth, whether it's the truth to happiness, or the truth of Za Warudo. The Twilight Dragon is a person or entity who can defeat the Cursed Wave.
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

Hmm, your right. In The World there have only been two appearances. However, I was also counting the Cubia from .hack//Epitaph of Twilight. I don't think they are from the same program though.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

|<!73 wrote:Hmm, your right. In The World there have only been two appearances. However, I was also counting the Cubia from .hack//Epitaph of Twilight. I don't think they are from the same program though.
We shouldn't count **** from Tasogare no Hibun until it's done. I learned the hard way from Cell how that bites you in the ass. For all we know, Lara might not even be in Za Warudo.
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

Cubia must come back. How could you have a major, and canon part of the Dot Hack story without Cubia. Also that would really piss alot of Dot Hack fans off. We would be hearing this every where. Where is Cubia? WTF no Cubia in Link?