Tokio, the next great .hack// Hero?

Discuss the multitude of .hack Manga and Novels!

Moderator: Moderators

shadow of skeith

Tokio, the next great .hack// Hero?

Post by shadow of skeith »

After 28 episodes of anime and over eight games I've played, I guess I have to say that the greatest .hack// savior to date has to be Kite. Haseo came a close second, but Kite's been through worse. Tsukasa just had a sad story to go with him/or her for that matter. But, now, in a new generation comes Tokio. So, will Tokio actually become a legendary hero like Kite and Haseo? Will he go through a change like most main characters have in this series?
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Re: Tokio, the next great .hack// Hero?

Post by TheSorrow »

By the time LINK was first released, there was a poem-thing in CC2's site, that went like this (translated, of course):

Good morning, Kite.
Your courage is needed again.

Good morning, Haseo.
Start your journey once more.
Your fury is needed again.

Good morning, Tokio.

Your story is finally about to begin.
It's okay if you still don't understand.
But, it seems like "they" have already set out.

You too, start here.
Now is the time that your power is needed.

I think Aura was the one "saying" the poem. But anyways, based on this, Tokio will indeed be the next .Hack hero. Probably not anywhere close to Kite and Haseo, because he's pretty much being forced to become one and so far he's acting like some fool who has no idea of what's going on, yet apparently he's going to be the most powerful. But we can only wait for now and see what happens >3>
shadow of skeith

I think Aura was the one "saying" the poem. But anyways, based on this, Tokio will indeed be the next .Hack hero. Probably not anywhere close to Kite and Haseo, because he's pretty much being forced to become one and so far he's acting like some fool who has no idea of what's going on, yet apparently he's going to be the most powerful. But we can only wait for now and see what happens >3>[/quote]Yeah, but don't forget, Haseo kinda started that way too, and look how he turned out. Maybe Aura is telling the truth. Maybe Tokio could posess a power so great, it could even surpass Kite's bracelet and Haseo's epitaph itself. But, like you said, we just have to wait and see.
|kenji|

Post by |kenji| »

kite and haseo were forced to become heroes too

anyway, i really hope he's not, since i HATE Tokio >__> but well, we'll see :/
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

After 28 episodes of anime and over eight games I've played, I guess I have to say that the greatest .hack// savior to date has to be Kite. Haseo came a close second, but Kite's been through worse.
How in the HELL has Kite been through worse? He only lost one friend to comas, Haseo like like a dozen. Not to mention Kite's adventures only lasted about six months, and Haseo's lasted a little over a year. That and Kite's had a stable cast of friends supporting him from the very beginning with a nice, formulaic problem with an equally formulaic solution, while Haseo kept losing friends, had no one he could really rely on until mid-//Rebirth, and Haseo's situation has been jacked up to hell like nineteen times.
emptyazureskies

Post by emptyazureskies »

hmm.... well kite was hunted down by cccorp does that count? haseo was practicly signed up as a system support member of cccorp the second he used his avatar... not only that but kite felt guilt for ruining his best friend's favorite game....
shadow of skeith

AuraTwilight wrote:
After 28 episodes of anime and over eight games I've played, I guess I have to say that the greatest .hack// savior to date has to be Kite. Haseo came a close second, but Kite's been through worse.
How in the HELL has Kite been through worse? He only lost one friend to comas, Haseo like like a dozen. Not to mention Kite's adventures only lasted about six months, and Haseo's lasted a little over a year. That and Kite's had a stable cast of friends supporting him from the very beginning with a nice, formulaic problem with an equally formulaic solution, while Haseo kept losing friends, had no one he could really rely on until mid-//Rebirth, and Haseo's situation has been jacked up to hell like nineteen times.

Yeah, but like E.A.S, said, Kite was a outlaw player. CC. CORP Wanted him gone, and Kite lost all his friends due to Corbenik's drain heart at the last episode. On top of that, he killed "you" when you unexpectly jumped in front of his attack. Making it the second time he's watched you die. First time was with Skeith's Data Drain.But shortly, you were born, and his friends all returned. To my knowledge, Haseo only lost two to coma's, Shino and Alkaid, almost three when Skeith Data Drained Kuhn. Sure, his best friend was the PK he was trying to find, but in the end they all returned too. I don't know, I guess they were even.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

hmm.... well kite was hunted down by cccorp does that count?
No, CC Corp couldn't do JACK **** against him. He could've totally ignored them if he wanted, but didn't because he was respectful to authority like some yuppie ****.
Kite lost all his friends due to Corbenik's drain heart at the last episode.
For like 14 seconds. Haseo almost lost Atoli to DEATH. Death > Coma.
On top of that, he killed "you" when you unexpectly jumped in front of his attack.
I'm not Aura, idiot. :P
To my knowledge, Haseo only lost two to coma's, Shino and Alkaid
Ovan? Atoli to Doll Syndrome for a short while and almost total death? Sirius? Zelkova and Matsu for a short while? And don't forget the time when everyone was trapped in Za Warudo, or the numerous times Haseo almost lost his own body, and watched as an other being made use of it to "kill" several people.
d5t

Post by d5t »

...So, to those who have been keeping up with the manga, does it really look like it can translate over into a new video game series and another anime? This would be the first time .hack's new wave of media went from manga to video game if I'm remembering right.
shadow of skeith

Ovan? Atoli to Doll Syndrome for a short while and almost total death? Sirius? Zelkova and Matsu for a short while? And don't forget the time when everyone was trapped in Za Warudo, or the numerous times Haseo almost lost his own body, and watched as an other being made use of it to "kill" several people.[/quote]Hmm, good points. I don't know if Trilogy was all canon or not, but I believe Haseo was able to save everyone to my knowledge, including Ovan, who was almost sent for total deletion by Aura. Well, there's no point in explaining since I haven't fully completed G.U. yet. Vol.3 still stands in my way apparently. Oh, I aplogize about the "Aura" thing, but since that is currently your persona on the network, I'm afraid that's all I can refer to you now. :) Again, My main purpose here is to gather .hack// info one way or another. You by far, have really helped with that, thanks.
shadow of skeith

d5t wrote:...So, to those who have been keeping up with the manga, does it really look like it can translate over into a new video game series and another anime? This would be the first time .hack's new wave of media went from manga to video game if I'm remembering right.
Well, by far, LINK doesn't look like video game potential. Anime probably, but not a game. I think CC2 is taking a different approach with their .hack// franchise. Perhaps they are handling .hack// in a different way.
emptyazureskies

Post by emptyazureskies »

AuraTwilight wrote:
hmm.... well kite was hunted down by cccorp does that count?
No, CC Corp couldn't do JACK **** against him. He could've totally ignored them if he wanted, but didn't because he was respectful to authority like some yuppie ****.
Kite lost all his friends due to Corbenik's drain heart at the last episode.
yeah couldn't do anything but trap him in an area
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

...So, to those who have been keeping up with the manga, does it really look like it can translate over into a new video game series and another anime? This would be the first time .hack's new wave of media went from manga to video game if I'm remembering right.
Good lord, I hope not. I want to pretend Link never happened. I've justified some of the worst entries in the .hack series as acceptable, but Link...oh my god, it's piss awful. Anyone who likes it obviously hasn't read it.
Hmm, good points. I don't know if Trilogy was all canon or not,
Nope.
I believe Haseo was able to save everyone to my knowledge, including Ovan, who was almost sent for total deletion by Aura.
Ovan wasn't going to be deleted. Finish the games.
Oh, I aplogize about the "Aura" thing, but since that is currently your persona on the network, I'm afraid that's all I can refer to you now.
"Aura" isn't my persona. I picked the name for something totally unrelated to .hack, and people made my graphics as gifts.
shadow of skeith

"Aura" isn't my persona. I picked the name for something totally unrelated to .hack, and people made my graphics as gifts.[/quote]Again, I apoligize, but reread my comment regaurding to your quotes. I've only fully completed Vol. 1, 2 and about a quarter of Vol. 3. Like I said, It's pointless for me to make correct answers if I haven't even completed G.U. yet. I'm only basing my theories with Trilogy and vol. 1,2 knowledge. But thank you for your replies though. I've learned a couple of things from you in this topic. :)