Bearers of the Bracelet

Discuss the multitude of .hack Manga and Novels!

Moderator: Moderators

shadow of skeith

Bearers of the Bracelet

Post by shadow of skeith »

I know. It's still too early in the series to be thinking about things like this, but does anybody think that there will be more characters with bracelets other than Kite? (and Haseo, since Skeith may come back)
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Re: Bearers of the Bracelet

Post by AuraTwilight »

Probably not. The Bracelet is Kite's thing, you know?
shadow of skeith

AuraTwilight wrote:Probably not. The Bracelet is Kite's thing, you know?
Yeah, but data drain isn't really used that often anymore. It's what makes .hack, well, .hack, aside from great storytelling.
nobodyknows
Resident cynic
Resident cynic

Post by nobodyknows »

shadow of skeith wrote:
Yeah, but data drain isn't really used that often anymore. It's what makes .hack, well, .hack, aside from great storytelling.
Naw man... It's the INSANE comupter viruses that make .hack what it is. without those insane viruses, almost any .hack game would be incomplete... so //LINK had better have viruses in it.. or else =_=q....
shadow of skeith

nobodyknows wrote:
shadow of skeith wrote:
Naw man... It's the INSANE comupter viruses that make .hack what it is. without those insane viruses, almost any .hack game would be incomplete... so //LINK had better have viruses in it.. or else =_=q....
You would think that CC. CORP Would stop making different versions of The World after all that comotion. As if they haven't learned their lesson the first two times. lol.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

lol viruses? More like AI's. Viruses never really existed in the .hack universe, that was just CC Corp trying to cover it's ass.
nobodyknows
Resident cynic
Resident cynic

Post by nobodyknows »

AuraTwilight wrote:lol viruses? More like AI's. Viruses never really existed in the .hack universe, that was just CC Corp trying to cover it's ass.
I don't think AIDA was an AI.. maybe AINA.. but not AIDA.. as for cubia and the eight phases.. well yeah that was partially CC Corp's fault ¬_¬...
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

I don't think AIDA was an AI.. maybe AINA.. but not AIDA.. as for cubia and the eight phases.. well yeah that was partially CC Corp's fault ¬_¬...
...Seriously, wut? o-O

AIDA is an AI, created after so many internet bugs that Aura would be normally getting rid of as simple as going to the bathroom, but that went far more than just being bugs and glitchy stuff. At the beginning, it was just there learning and appearing at random yet not doing anything, but once it learned about humans and how they could use them, it started to attack players on The World (best place to find humans in an enviroment that mixes reality and data), and that marks the beginning of Tri-Edge.

Aina is just Ovan's sister, and the first victim of Tri-Edge (so the first Lost One too, i suppose). She was never an AI, or a replacement of Aura, or anything among those words, just a human that Tri-Edge used to test it's capabilities.

And CC Corp isn't really at fault at what happened with regards of the Phases and Cubia, but they are for the ways they used to cover it up, to try to come up with whatever reason to hide their incapability to do a thing, and just look for the easiest way to solve stuff, no matter how much lives are risked or how sucessful their plans actually would be.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

1) Do you know what AIDA stands for?
2) Aina wasn't an AI, genius.
3) CC Corp had nothing to do with Cubia and the Phases, but they were legally responsible since it was "their" software, but they can't of really done anything.

...so yea, you totally didn't...like, PLAY GU at all, apparently.
AIDA is an AI, created after so many internet bugs that Aura would be normally getting rid of as simple as going to the bathroom, but that went far more than just being bugs and glitchy stuff. At the beginning, it was just there learning and appearing at random yet not doing anything, but once it learned about humans and how they could use them, it started to attack players on The World (best place to find humans in an enviroment that mixes reality and data), and that marks the beginning of Tri-Edge.
Well, it was more like the AIDA evolved, and then continued to learn and develop out of curiosity. One branch of AIDA learned about humans in a positive manner, but a mutant named Tri-Edge discovered "malice", and then corrupted other AIDA against their will due to the AIDA Hive Mind.
nobodyknows
Resident cynic
Resident cynic

Post by nobodyknows »

AuraTwilight wrote:
3) CC Corp had nothing to do with Cubia and the Phases, but they were legally responsible since it was "their" software, but they can't of really done anything.

I thought it was obvious I hadn't played G.U. even before I posted that T_T...
shadow of skeith

nobodyknows wrote:
AuraTwilight wrote:

I thought it was obvious I hadn't played G.U. even before I posted that T_T...
Well, AIDA stands for Artificial Intelligence Data Abnomality. The first two words....AI.