A few questions about //LINK...

Discuss the multitude of .hack Manga and Novels!

Moderator: Moderators

Azure Knight
The Sasquatch King
The Sasquatch King

A few questions about //LINK...

Post by Azure Knight »

1. I never actually heard why R:2 went offline. Does anyone know? And it went off 2 years prior to //Link, right?
2. In the shop with the pictures, Haseo's picture shows him with a cloak, and Kite's with his //LINK clothes when it should've been the original .hack clothes, due to that he was with BlackRose and Mistral. Does anyone know why?
3. "Azure Flame Dance". He weilds Empty Skies during this, and does a variety of what seem to be Azure Kite's moves. I'm starting to think that Kite's "special ability" is that he can tap into AFK's powers, which is why he can use Empty Skies, all of those AFK-like moves, and Data Drain.
4. Also, when he tells Tokio to "locate his comrades", it shows Haseo's and Tsukasa's sillhouettes. (sp?) How does Kite know them?

I'm not sure if anyone has the answers to these or if they'll be revealed later. Info would be great. Thanks.
|<!73

Re: A few questions about //LINK...

Post by |<!73 »

1. Three years, however the information is still unknown. Its possible the corporation finally encountered something they couldn't cover up so well and shut down the system.

2. Just artist interpretation, Kite has been drawn with the W ever since XXXX, the same might apply to Haseo just another way of showing the character. However it could just be a new form but I doubt it. Either way there is no real change to the story lines.

3.There are several theories at the moment, try not to worry about it too much it will probably be explained later.

4. Two words: PIroshi-San, Anyway Kite knew of Tsukasa's A.I. so at some point he could have also met the original. As for Haseo several of his friends are .hackers, they could have introduced the two to each other.

Most of your questions are things that will either be revealed or may have happened in between the three years prior to the series.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

That's all correct except for #1. It was only 2 years.
Azure Knight
The Sasquatch King
The Sasquatch King

Post by Azure Knight »

Awesome, thanks for the info.
fepkk

Post by fepkk »

Azure Knight wrote:3. "Azure Flame Dance". He weilds Empty Skies during this, and does a variety of what seem to be Azure Kite's moves. I'm starting to think that Kite's "special ability" is that he can tap into AFK's powers, which is why he can use Empty Skies, all of those AFK-like moves, and Data Drain.
I belive it is because as Azure Kite was created based on the data of Kite, once he came back to 'The world', Kite and Azure Kite became one(just speculation).
Ratsu

Post by Ratsu »

I think that, wile azure kite was an AI, he was still an account on the world. So maybe kite like...logged into it and took control? (crazy theroy but we all know I am a crazy with the conspiracies, need I remind us of adept rouge ovan :P )
Mayka

Post by Mayka »

Yea... Maybe when Kite logged into R:X, Azure Kite's PC data kind of "sticked" itself unto Kite's data, because like what fepkk said, Azure Kite's PC data was based on Kite's...
Last edited by Mayka on Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Namihana

Post by Namihana »

Mayka wrote:Yea... Maybe when Kite logged into R:X, Azure Kite's PC data kind of "sticked" itself unto Kite's data, because like what fepkk said, maybe Azure Kite's PC data was based on Kite's...
Um...he IS based off of Kite. Why else would he look like Kite? >.>
Mayka

Post by Mayka »

Oh, I'm sorry... I just got confused and excited at the same time... :D True, but i also considered the "Aura made Azure Kite with her memories" thing.... so.. memories = data of Kite(?) ... Ah, I dont know anymore! :?
Kryuzei
Location: The sixth dimension; those who alter the reality itself to make the world came true.

Post by Kryuzei »

Now if only someone can explain the ending at G.U Trilogy. . >_>;
That might answer all of your questions :D
Art_Master_Gio

Post by Art_Master_Gio »

Kryuzei wrote:Now if only someone can explain the ending at G.U Trilogy. . >_>;
That might answer all of your questions :D
The ending was someone (possibly Pi) asking how the members of Schicksal were doing, and then said to pass the oars to the boatmen. This supports a theory I had that Shicksal was already formed in R:2, which is why they were so well known in LINK >__>;;

http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/Schicksal
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Ratsu wrote:I think that, wile azure kite was an AI, he was still an account on the world. So maybe kite like...logged into it and took control? (crazy theroy but we all know I am a crazy with the conspiracies, need I remind us of adept rouge ovan :P )
Impossible. The "Kite" account was destroyed, and Azure Kite is a totally new creation with no actual ties to the original Kite. I doubt he could just log into Azure Kite, even if he was TRYING.
Ratsu

Post by Ratsu »

AuraTwilight wrote:
Ratsu wrote:I think that, wile azure kite was an AI, he was still an account on the world. So maybe kite like...logged into it and took control? (crazy theroy but we all know I am a crazy with the conspiracies, need I remind us of adept rouge ovan :P )
Impossible. The "Kite" account was destroyed, and Azure Kite is a totally new creation with no actual ties to the original Kite. I doubt he could just log into Azure Kite, even if he was TRYING.
Its not impossible, just improvable. But it should be possible to log into azure kites account, he is a PC account after all. But why else would Kite have azure kites powers? Unless aura gave him some extra stuff when he logged in. Aura would be all, Ohh I know him! *gives* that or kite really became a hacker :P *slams crazy conspiracy hammer*
Art_Master_Gio

Post by Art_Master_Gio »

Ratsu wrote:
AuraTwilight wrote:
Its not impossible, just improvable. But it should be possible to log into azure kites account, he is a PC account after all. But why else would Kite have azure kites powers? Unless aura gave him some extra stuff when he logged in. Aura would be all, Ohh I know him! *gives* that or kite really became a hacker :P *slams crazy conspiracy hammer*
No, seriously, it'd basically be impossible, at the very least for his old R:1 account (CC Corp didn't transfer over any accounts from R:1 to R:2, and as far as we know all of those accounts were lost. And from what it seems like, R:2 accounts weren't transfered over either). And Azure Kite isn't a regular PC account you can log into, he's an A.I., and just because you can add him and Azure Orca and Azure Balmung doesn't mean they can be logged into as well- if you remember, Mia was an A.I. and could join your party, and no one "logged" into her account- She was just herself, and that was that. You can't log into an A.I.

As for why he had Azure Kite's powers, CC Corp apparently did some retconning in .hack//XXXX where Aura temporarily gave Kite powers similar to those of Azure Flame Kite for the final battle (it was here his hat symbol changed, and after the battle and he lost those powers the U symbol stayed as the W he has now for unknown reasons).
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

Kite's character data was well protected that even the system administrators could not even crack it. If thats the case for all we know Kites character data may have been moved into the black box itself given that its one the few things that people are unable to tamper with. However, R:X has more than one returning character, so that theory is weakened.

In addition, Aura was going to sleep she stated that in her email at the end of the game, though its possible it seems strange for her to make that point only to awaken shortly after. I also believe she grants the azure knights more freedom than that. There is also the possibility that Azure Flame Kite took it upon himself to grant his abilities to the original. (Bleh someone replied while I was typing)
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Kite's character data was well protected that even the system administrators could not even crack it. If thats the case for all we know Kites character data may have been moved into the black box itself given that its one the few things that people are unable to tamper with. However, R:X has more than one returning character, so that theory is weakened.
Well, seeing as how Aura had to make Azure Kite from SCRATCH, I highly doubt she had a Kite PC to work with.
In addition, Aura was going to sleep she stated that in her email at the end of the game, though its possible it seems strange for her to make that point only to awaken shortly after. I also believe she grants the azure knights more freedom than that. There is also the possibility that Azure Flame Kite took it upon himself to grant his abilities to the original. (Bleh someone replied while I was typing)
She was never planning to wake up at all in GU, but did so to help the group fight Cubia. Obviously her plan is pretty provisional. And yea, Azure Kite could've granted power to the original, but then where is he?

A part of me likes the idea of the returning characters being AI's so that Link Kite can be a super duper intelligent Azure Kite. :D
Grimmjow Jaggerjack

Post by Grimmjow Jaggerjack »

Wait The world R2 went off line when?
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

In-between GU and Link. The current version is R:X.