The 8 phases/epitaphs

Discuss the multitude of .hack Manga and Novels!

Moderator: Moderators

d0tti3

Re: The 8 phases/epitaphs

Post by d0tti3 »

Which is great for fan service.

But that's the best that producers could come up with to satisfy us? Repetition?
Bringing back old characters into a storyline does not solve the problem of a great storyline. If they had it in them, the next great .hack would be it's own seperate entity, with the common elements of past games, namely the Epitaph of Twilight and the Eight Phases getting in there somehow.

As for Cubia, I can comprehend what others have said about his history. No need to regurgitate what's already been said in the thread to make an argument against me. I was simply stating that it's probably not wise to bring back Cubia, but here, I'll add this in so I don't get reamed, since it wasn't apparent in my opinion.

I don't mind Cubia. He's one of my favorite bosses/characters [XXXX],etc. I love the thing, no idea why. Just because Cubia exists doesn't mean he has to show up. Look at Legend of the Twilight]manga], sure, it was weak as far as satisfying fans, but it made it okay, and had a decent storyline. As far as his demise in each of the games, Cubia was destroyed with the bracelet. He should not exist anymore. period. Whatever the hell that was with Haseo's Xth Form, the Key Of Twilight was used to destroy Cubia. Cubia will not exist unless the Key of Twilight returns.

Remember the whole anti-existence thing? Even at that, I'm starting to regurgitate.

Just grasp it. Compare it to the rest of the series.
They did fine on their own, without having the aid of one another, all they had for support were the anime involved with them. //LINK should be the same way, and maybe the word "link" has to do with linking the games together, maybe it just means linking physical being to The World. Anyways, that's off topic.

The Eight Phases will return in someway or another, because that is a crucial element to the series as far as the Epitaph of Twilight goes. I would certainly hope they don't come back as avatars, as their anti-existence was AIDA, and as cool/badass as they are, they probably aren't needed.

But hey, they're bringing back everything else, why not throw that in there, even if it doesn't make sense to a good story.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

As far as his demise in each of the games, Cubia was destroyed with the bracelet. He should not exist anymore. period. Whatever the hell that was with Haseo's Xth Form, the Key Of Twilight was used to destroy Cubia. Cubia will not exist unless the Key of Twilight returns.
Xth Form was the Key of the Twilight, which is why Cubia re-emerged.
The Eight Phases will return in someway or another, because that is a crucial element to the series as far as the Epitaph of Twilight goes. I would certainly hope they don't come back as avatars, as their anti-existence was AIDA
Actually, no. The AIDA have nothing to do with the Eight Phases, or even Za Warudo itself, at all. The AIDA evolved autonomously on the internet with no involvement of the Black Box, due to Aura ceasing to run the network, they evolved out of the errors in the internet the same way we evolved from the primordial soup. The AIDA became interested in Za Warudo because of the human players.
d0tti3

Post by d0tti3 »

Yeah, I know about the Xth Form, just. *shudders* the whole thing is just confusing in itself. xD

As for the AIDAvEpitaph User relation, it's going to bother me now to know where i heard it from. m'oh well. That does make more sense rather than having an anti-existence to one another, and then another anti-existence to go on top of that with the Key of the Twilight and Cubia.

Anyone have any thoughts of how the Phases will return, other than as avatars? ^^;
xthform22

Post by xthform22 »

okay how bout a crazy out there idea no elk or enderence but instead maybe tsuaksa and macha/mia i dont know probably not but a nice change wont hurt will it i havent read any of the chapters og a any mangas sp ya i dontknow just an idea
d0tti3

Post by d0tti3 »

If Endrance shows up, he will most likely see Elk, and both him and tsukasa will have the interaction with Mia. It's interesting to see how people act around a friend to share.
FallenDragon
Location: Lost In A Sea Of Thoughts...or falling asleep in front of the monitor

Post by FallenDragon »

d0tti3 wrote:If Endrance shows up, he will most likely see Elk, and both him and tsukasa will have the interaction with Mia. It's interesting to see how people act around a friend to share.
Hmm...I'm guessing you were trying to say this
If Endrance shows up, he will most likely see Mia, and both him and tsukasa will have the interaction with Mia. It's interesting to see how people act around a friend to share.
There.
I agree with this, after all, we saw how Elk was actually doubtful of Kite in the beggining, thinking he would steal Mia from him, and sort of learned how to "share" his friend XD And, in Endrance we don't see him go over like that when it's about Haseo.