Skeith

Discuss the original .hack video games: Vol. 1 and 2

Moderator: Moderators

AFK

Post by AFK »

Nukasa wrote:Stay far away from Skeith and have BlackRose and (someone other than Mistral, like Sanjiro), attack him with their swords, and you hit Skeith with magic. It's really simple. You don't get hit with hardly anything, and while you're back there, you can heal BlackRose and Sanjiro.
I second this strategy. It worked for me at lvl. 29. As far as people suggesting using Elk, Don't Do It. Elk's pretty much useless until the third game, and by that time you have Wiseman, so Elk's pretty much useless...
mazuroni

Post by mazuroni »

i actually think i over-prepared for the fight with skeith.. i had 99 healing drinks, about 65 or so mage souls.. me blackrose and sanjuro were all level 32.. i just ran in and slashed the hell out of him as fast as i could, stopped to heal and resurrect.. i think i spent more time in my menus than on the actual fight screen lol
Haseo364

Post by Haseo364 »

Unfortunately, I have not battled Skeith in over three years. However, I am sure Kite was lvl 29. As my vague recollection serves me, I believed I kept hitting Skeith..........then getting as much distance away from him as possible. I fled from him in order to faciliate healing. Afterwards, it was just rinse,dry, repeat. I strongly reccomend you provide your party (in addition to yourself of course) as many potions and healing items as possible. Remember to continuously demand "First Aid" to ensure your survival. Its much easier to do that, than to tell your party to do so individually.
Metti-kun

Post by Metti-kun »

AIEEE! Level 29?
I was level 99 when I beat skeith, my cousin said you had to be at least that to beat him! Did I really fall for a trick!?
Anyway, with mistral and blackrose I found it harder, I used elk and black rose.
mazuroni

Post by mazuroni »

umm.. i dont think you can reach level 99 in that game.. can you..? and if so by some chance.. how the hell would someone level up to that in the first game...
Metti-kun

Post by Metti-kun »

mazuroni wrote:umm.. i dont think you can reach level 99 in that game.. can you..? and if so by some chance.. how the hell would someone level up to that in the first game...
You can reach level 99. It's the level cap in it.
And it is painfully slow in the first game, one exp per monster, but I managed it, and the boss battle with skeith was pretty easy.
mazuroni

Post by mazuroni »

wow.. i hate to think of the time it would take to do that.. lets say you start at level 35 killing enemies for 1 exp each.. thats still 64 thousand enemies youd have to kill at 1 exp per enemy....

just how long DID that take..?
DarkDoc02

Post by DarkDoc02 »

Geez, you probably breezed through the other games. I didn't even reach lvl 99 until after the final boss of Quarantine. :o

Anyway, if you have the best equipment available, stock up on as many recovery items and stat increase items as you can, and bring a wavemaster, you can beat Skeith. Before you enter the final door, use spells and items to get Rig Gaem and Rig Saem as well as increases in attacks, defenses, and accuracies. Their fairly cheap, so you can get quite a few. These abilities will last well past the start of battle.

Once in battle, set the wavemaster to heal immediately, and put Blackrose on skills. Have Kite use skills as well, but conserve SP for DD. Use skills that have short attack times, like Tiger Claw. Staccato is too long. Have Kite revive or heal if your Wavemaster is injured or paralyzed.

Keep an eye on everyones health, and if anyone is in trouble before the next round of healing, heal them yourself. Don't bother with Repth skills, use health Drinks or, if you have any, Healing Potions. Keep up this strategy and you can beat him easily at around level 28 or 29.

I used the "two attackers in front while Kite heals" strategy the first time, and that worked too. I used the above strategy the second time I played and it worked much better. The two attackers strategy works really well with the bonus boss, too. This strategy is how I prepared for the other phases and Cubia also. 8)
Haseo300

Post by Haseo300 »

mazuroni wrote:umm.. i dont think you can reach level 99 in that game.. can you..? and if so by some chance.. how the hell would someone level up to that in the first game...
You can!
mazuroni

Post by mazuroni »

well i didnt know that this game didnt have a cap like G.U. does.. though thats almost a cap anyways.. it would take an insane amount of patience to do that.. and i know i dont have it lol
lukan
Author of "Black And White And..."
Author of "Black And White And..."
Location: Land of Prinnies, DOOD!!! Now with more pancakes!!(member of the Rotton Peaches)

Post by lukan »

0_0
lv99!?
nice man, you have the patience of God.....
...personally, I was about lv45 on kite when I went to
fight Skeith.
guess I musta been bored.
(then again, I didn't have hopes of getting vol2 for about 3years)
I fought hard with blkrose and natsume( my fave in IMOQ)
notes:
-have 99antidotes
-have 99....er...the other type of status heal
-only about 50 healing if you have la repth
-the strongest possible weaps possible.

>_>
Toszi
Rasdwatri

Post by Rasdwatri »

I was level 33 when I beat Skeith. I had 99 Healing Potions, 50 Mage's Soul, 50+ Restoratives and Antidotes. I had BlackRose (duh) and Elk, which assigned to First Aid while BlackRose and I went Aggro against Skeith. Just stock up on like hell on Healing Potions (I had 66- left after the fight), Mage's Soul (About 30+) and a decent amount of Restoratives and Antidotes. Just don't bother with magic on Skeith, assign Wavemasters to First Aid and use Skills (particularly speedy ones) on pre-data drained state. Careful after you drain him though, because he'll levitate and then drop doing around 200+ damage. I'm sure anyone will notice any other patterns (If they haven't already) once they fight him.
FlickerHaseo

Post by FlickerHaseo »

Metti-kun wrote:AIEEE! Level 29?
I was level 99 when I beat skeith, my cousin said you had to be at least that to beat him! Did I really fall for a trick!?
Anyway, with mistral and blackrose I found it harder, I used elk and black rose.
Yeah Okay. DUDE, you used Code Breaker or something. What the hell, you coulden't get to 99. STOP LIEING! You--WE all know that if you cheat to 99, you will get Data Bugs 24/7 all around the Dungeons. So practically, you either lied, or got to level 98 or lower. KTHXBAI?!

Oh Yeah, and you'd have a Server Error or something like that... PRETTY SOON?! Okay, you S0 did lie... And yeah, you fell for a TRICKY TRICK?! Z0MG. This is S000 boring Mm'kay. Waiting for Reminisce, ETC... Okay, let's not get offtopic!

Ok now... :arrow: arrow points to the next reply/quote/topic. :arrow:
darkhaseo4832

Post by darkhaseo4832 »

Well idk if he lied or not. Has anyone ever actualy tried to get to lvl 99?
Tri-EdgeThePK

Post by Tri-EdgeThePK »

its immposile. theres a limit in each game, but you can get to it with cb.
Demon_Skeith

Post by Demon_Skeith »

Tri-EdgeThePK wrote:its immposile. theres a limit in each game, but you can get to it with cb.
then whats the limit then I was level 51 when I beat skeith into the ground
Tri-EdgeThePK

Post by Tri-EdgeThePK »

Demon_Skeith wrote:
Tri-EdgeThePK wrote:its immposile. theres a limit in each game, but you can get to it with cb.
i do not know, im only at lvl 23(i beat skeith at 22.)
Demon_Skeith

Post by Demon_Skeith »

Tri-EdgeThePK wrote:
Demon_Skeith wrote:
I spent a lot of time in the fields
Tri-EdgeThePK

Post by Tri-EdgeThePK »

Demon_Skeith wrote:
Tri-EdgeThePK wrote:
Demon_Skeith wrote:
I spent a lot of time in the fields
i only go out into the fields when the story asks me to
ShinoBee

Post by ShinoBee »

I think it took 3-4 tries just to defeat Skeith for me. I leveled up to 30+, and brought Blackrose and Mistral with me. I had Mistral as the healer, and Blackrose as offense (and for me, I just did a few hits and ran off). I stocked up quite a lot, since I had a whole load of money.

I definitely suggest not going with my strategy, unless you're a good multitasker and a patient person.