BANDAI and CYBER Must Be Rich By Now

Discuss the original .hack video games: Vol. 1 and 2

Moderator: Moderators

BlackSaber

BANDAI and CYBER Must Be Rich By Now

Post by BlackSaber »

Its kinda a smart ass way of getting rich, selling a 4 part game to the comsumer. Geez I beaten .Hack//Mutation in like two days it was super easy and super short! Both BANDAI and CYBER must be batheing in a pool of money, dont you think?

Now if they were really smart they would release "The World" as an online game for the PC then maybe they will be richer then Bill Gates maybe lol. And Please dont say they already tried that with .Hack//Fragments
that game was a joke! :lol:
It wasnt even realesed here in the U.S so ofcoarse they didnt make any money off of it. Have you seen any of the pettietions most of the fans are in Europe or the U.S.

But I would have to applaude them in the end for the work and effort they did it was a fun game and money well spent.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Re: BANDAI and CYBER Must Be Rich By Now

Post by TheSorrow »

....Um, No to pretty much everything you just said, except only that Mutation was super easy and super short XD And of course, .Hack is quite fun and an awesome series :P

I'm almost sure that the biggest fanbase is in Japan, and those petitions don't work for anything anyways, except to give fans something to do maybe. And Fragment was a huge success despite what you might think, and they never had the intention to keep going it with nor have the intention to make an actual The World game.
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

I'm pretty sure they have "other" plans already in progress besides making another.hack MMO. Just remember guys, if it did exsist, there isn't going to be an Aura or Cubia or Data Drain for that matter.
Azure Knight
The Sasquatch King
The Sasquatch King

Post by Azure Knight »

They didn't get rich for just the .hack series. Sure, CyberConnect2 is most famous for the .hack// series, but they also have a lot of Naruto games. Bandai is a huge company not just making video games, but also toys, manga, etc. etc., and they've been open for almost 20 years.

I haven't finished //Mutation yet, but I do remember I beat //Reminisce in two days, and those days were school days.

The 4 and 3 disk thing wasn't a way to make money, it was to give the game more content. Remember how heavy the disk for //Redemption was? Imagine if all of //GU was on that disk. It would be too big to play, and they would have had to take out a lot of the content, which would've pissed us all off.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Bandai and Namco have existed since ANCESTRAL times, even before consoles existed (seriously, i was amazed to know Bandai is over 100 years old), and i'm almost sure they started in the gaming media since the first Atari was released to the public XD
Remember how heavy the disk for //Redemption was? Imagine if all of //GU was on that disk. It would be too big to play, and they would have had to take out a lot of the content, which would've pissed us all off.
...How "heavy" is Redemption exactly? Seriously, i don't know how much information the game really has, how big it is, and how much data the DVD could still have, if any. However, what i know is that most of the information from all GU exists in Redemption (same with Quarantine)...you can talk to all PCs, access all equipment and items, fight all monsters, go to all areas, read all e-mails, and watch all cutscenes. The only differences are some character models, voices and some skill usage, story areas and story fights, and maybe all that would still be able to fit in the same disk, without really taking any content out of it. Heck, they could even finish all skills properly and create the Custom/Friend Battles for the Arena and place it in the disk with still enough space! (And even if it didn't, i'm still so unhappy at the lack of Arena and Skills awesomeness with all such promised potential x-X)

I think the reason of why the games were divided in 4 and 3 is mostly for the purpose to clearly see how the story develops game by game, and fully relating each game to it's title...i believe it gives more impact and importance to "Outbreak" or "Reminisce" to be treated as a game itself and not just a chapter inside a game. That, and to bother us so we have to wait for like 5 months between each game release to finish playing the story, and maybe so they have more time to work with the games :P
Azure Knight
The Sasquatch King
The Sasquatch King

Post by Azure Knight »

I don't know how much data was in Redemption, but I do remember the disk was literally heavier than the other disks. And I know there was a lot of data on Redemption, but a big chunk of the three games were the cutscenes with text that you manually advanced, like having to press X to hear the next line of dialogue. None of those cutscenes were in Redemption.

But I liked how they're split up into different series, because it kept me hanging on what was going to happen next. I also like that I could still level up my characters, and transfer all of the things I worked so hard to get to the next game.

Also, Bandai was founded in 1990, and Namco in 1955, so yeah, they're both pretty old companies.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

I don't know how much data was in Redemption, but I do remember the disk was literally heavier than the other disks. And I know there was a lot of data on Redemption, but a big chunk of the three games were the cutscenes with text that you manually advanced, like having to press X to hear the next line of dialogue. None of those cutscenes were in Redemption.
...But bytes and information have no absolute weight at all; a disk with 1MB and a disk with 100GB weigh the same as long as it's the same kind of disk .3.
And you're right on that, though even so, the information Redemption has is almost equal to the information found in Rebirth and Reminisce and i believe the field and weapons data is bigger or as big than the normal cutscenes, and for now i'll keep believing that the whole game can fit in one disk without problem, at least until someone really proves me that Redemption (since it's the one where the most information of the games it's on) couldn't hold at least the important script that manages Rebirth and Reminisce's storyline. Though yeah, i have to admit too that i liked how they were divided in several games, and i admit i enjoyed the games and series overall far more that way than how it would be if all were in one game XD

And i think you meant Bandai is from 1900, which is true and surprised me lots, so yeah, if both Bandai and Namco (and right now as Bandai Namco) are rich enough to use euros as toilet paper, is because for far more reasons than just selling a "divided" game.
Azure Knight
The Sasquatch King
The Sasquatch King

Post by Azure Knight »

No, what I mean is the disk is actually heavier than the others because of it's size. If I remember correctly, Redemption's disk was actually thicker than the other two. Not in information or data, but the actual disk weighs more than the others.

Oh, I just looked up Bandai on Wikipedia again, and for whatever reason it looked like 1990 the first time I looked, but you're indeed right that it is 1900. Damn.

Screw toilet paper euros, they probably have sheets of 24K gold to wipe their asses.
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

That's surprising. Bandai is over 109 years old?
Azure Knight
The Sasquatch King
The Sasquatch King

Post by Azure Knight »

Yes, but remember, it started out as a toy company, and they've been making toys much longer than they have anything else.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

I love that show (I just bought a cel from it) but that's totally offtopic. Please don't make a post like that again.