grunty question...

Discuss the original .hack video games: Vol. 1 and 2

Moderator: Moderators

Minion S1

grunty question...

Post by Minion S1 »

how do i figure out what my grunty wants to eat in .hack//infection?
its like its telling me what it wants in the form of a riddle...
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Re: grunty question...

Post by TheSorrow »

When it's a baby, yes, it'll tell you in the form of a riddle and only mentioning how it looks and/or where it is, but once it becomes a bit older it'll tell you the name of the exact food AND how it looks/where it is, so for the first grunty, just feed him whatever until it's old enough to say exactly what he wants, and either memorize them or write them somewhere, so that for future grunties you can see what food it wants just by seeing the description of it.
Maybe there's a guide somewhere that already has all that information written down, but i couldn't find any ':P
Minion S1

Post by Minion S1 »

would i still be able to get an iron grunty if i did that?
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Not for the first time, but after you raise that grunty you'll be able to raise another (you'll always be able to raise as much grunties as you wish, they'll just fly away if you already have them), and for the next one, after you've memorized what the grunty asks for when it's a baby and giving it what it wants, it'll most likely turn into an Iron Grunty.

There are exact ways in how to get an Iron Grunty and a Poison Grunty though, that regardless of what the grunty asks for, if you follow these "formulas" they'll turn into the Iron/Poison regardlessly, and you can find some of them here:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/551240/42607
Minion S1

Post by Minion S1 »

ok, i just bought some aromatic grass from my iron grunty...
since elk and mia keep talking about it does it have some type of use?
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Well, it boosts their affection highly if you give it to them, but i don't think it has any real use at all; just another "rare" item for trades or gifts :/ There's a meaning behind it and Mia, and you learn about it if you've watched .Hack//SIGN (and that's the reason why she loves it now), but that's it.
Takai Tenshi

Post by Takai Tenshi »

may be a little late, but..

if you go online to see what the specs for other grunties are, get them to those specs and then just give it golden eggs, as golden eggs only raise size