New to the boards? Introduce yourself here!

Talk about .hack news unrelated to the other forums and other off-topic discussion!
hitman555z

Re: New to the boards? Introduce yourself here!

Post by hitman555z »

Azure Rogue wrote:
foxkeric wrote:
Azure Rogue wrote:
Picked up these sweet grabs. Wanted more but started to get pricey. the clock alone was 6000Y.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 2eec672606
Woah! That Canard sticker is really cool (despite the typo...Carnard?). It shows a P-38 Lightning, a beautiful aircraft and my favorite plane of all time.

I guess this is a good time to introduce myself...I'm foxkeric, restaurant manager by day, writer by night, student pilot by budget (it's an expensive hobby haha).

I first played G.U. in 2013/4 based on the recommendation of a good friend. The game blew me away, and I quickly finished Rebirth. I had about 20 hours in Reminisce when my save file corrupted...but, after a short break, I was back in the game and quite far into Volume 2.

And then my old backwards compatible PS3 died.

I lost so many hours of gameplay (not to mention 60+ hours in a Grandia playthrough). That killed it for me. I didn't have the heart to start again, and I haven't played the games in over a year, but I am VERY excited to return to The World via the Last Recode! So excited that I finally joined these forums...
Yeah the typo is pretty funny. Saw it and had to buy it for the sake of the typo. Will pick up a correct one eventually. Sounds like you have had a rough go with the game series, but I assure you, they are well worth every second. Welcome to the boards and welcome back to The World!
Whatever that black box has, looks like a medal or something, I want it.

Also think of your lost progress as haseo being reverted to level 1
Azure Rogue

Post by Azure Rogue »

hitman555z wrote:
Azure Rogue wrote:
foxkeric wrote:
Azure Rogue wrote:
Picked up these sweet grabs. Wanted more but started to get pricey. the clock alone was 6000Y.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 2eec672606
Woah! That Canard sticker is really cool (despite the typo...Carnard?). It shows a P-38 Lightning, a beautiful aircraft and my favorite plane of all time.

I guess this is a good time to introduce myself...I'm foxkeric, restaurant manager by day, writer by night, student pilot by budget (it's an expensive hobby haha).

I first played G.U. in 2013/4 based on the recommendation of a good friend. The game blew me away, and I quickly finished Rebirth. I had about 20 hours in Reminisce when my save file corrupted...but, after a short break, I was back in the game and quite far into Volume 2.

And then my old backwards compatible PS3 died.

I lost so many hours of gameplay (not to mention 60+ hours in a Grandia playthrough). That killed it for me. I didn't have the heart to start again, and I haven't played the games in over a year, but I am VERY excited to return to The World via the Last Recode! So excited that I finally joined these forums...
Yeah the typo is pretty funny. Saw it and had to buy it for the sake of the typo. Will pick up a correct one eventually. Sounds like you have had a rough go with the game series, but I assure you, they are well worth every second. Welcome to the boards and welcome back to The World!
Whatever that black box has, looks like a medal or something, I want it.

Also think of your lost progress as haseo being reverted to level 1
O.O That was the most genius outlook any could have offered. Hats off to you for this one!
Matroska

Post by Matroska »

Hi. I joined the other day. I've been a fan of the series since the first quadrilogy although I've never actually finished that series! I've been into the series on and off since then but never managed to get through either main anime series. That's something I'm working on now. It's a series that's made a huge impression on me, and I'd count .hack//GU as one/some (depending on how you see it) of my favourite games ever. The first set of games are great for the concept but are pretty poor, in my opinion, in terms of the gameplay. Is that a controversial opinion here? I also remember buying the AI Buster novels ages ago - it shows how big the franchise was back then that they had those books in a Waterstones in the UK.

I'd also like to ask, since there's so much stuff released for the .hack franchise, what's the best way of getting up to speed? I'd rather interact with the media directly rather than just read the Wikia pages.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Matroska wrote:Hi. I joined the other day.

I'd also like to ask, since there's so much stuff released for the .hack franchise, what's the best way of getting up to speed? I'd rather interact with the media directly rather than just read the Wikia pages.
:) welcome to the boards~ xD well the combat varies depending on the person,some love the fact that you have plenty of control over attacking and all the modification makes a big difference e.g. elements/resistances which doesn't really factor in GU. Others find it tedious and needs to be streamlined instead of going into the menu for a skill, just depends on you.

^^' yeah it was back in 2005 when AI Buster came out, back then there was very little of .hack and I was very happy Tokyopop licensed more~

Best way would be to watch/play/read all thats available though some is online translations only seeing as not everything had a physical release in the West ^^' Last Recode helps as it gives a summary/background info to IMOQ for those who haven't played it as getting ahold of them all is pricey xD
Falions

Post by Falions »

Matroska wrote:
Rightstuf Anime still has a LOT of .hack media brand new in stock for extremely cheap (Another Birth vol. 4 for 2.99????? :shock: ). I finished off my English media collection by buying all the missing books from there last year. Be warned, though, their international shipping is kinda pricey!
Kokuro

Post by Kokuro »

Hi all, Kokuro here.

I may have already made an account on here a few months ago. I'm not sure if this is the same site or not. But when I did the "find my password" thing and input my e-mail, there was no recollection of my e-mail, so this may be my first official time registering for this site.

Anyway, huge .hack fan, but as stated in the other post I made before introducing myself on here, I stopped keeping up after .hack//g.u. due to Link not being localized, and my obsession with Kingdom Hearts beginning to form. But thanks to Last Recode, I'm all aboard the hype train....here's just hoping the train doesn't de-rail once more and this isn't just a one time thing......though it probably is. :( Still, I hope to keep up with the series however I can sooooo....please check out my thread and see if you can lend a hand! Thanks!
One-Half

Post by One-Half »

Hey guys and gals! One-Half here. XD

Super lurker here. Last Recode has me running up and down your site here like crazy, and so I figured I'd join!

I've been a fan of .hack since my brother and I used to stay up and watch //Sign at 4 AM. .hack was probably the first game I owned that was strictly mine, and I poured in many years throughout the volumes, though I can see now I didn't quite understand the storyline as a child. Anywho, you may see me peeking around here and there, feel free to say hi!
Sizzdaddy

Post by Sizzdaddy »

Welcome aboard. Always good to see another fan come out of the wood work.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Kokuro wrote:Hi all, Kokuro here.
^(^-^) welcome fellow dothacker~

xD we are all hoping more .hack is on the way, hopefully we'll be seeing something in the near future about what they plan to do~
One-Half wrote:Super lurker here. Last Recode has me running up and down your site here like crazy, and so I figured I'd join!

I've been a fan of .hack since my brother and I used to stay up and watch //Sign at 4 AM. .hack was probably the first game I owned that was strictly mine, and I poured in many years throughout the volumes, though I can see now I didn't quite understand the storyline as a child. Anywho, you may see me peeking around here and there, feel free to say hi!
xD Nice to see Last Recode bringing more fans to the forums~

o-0 quite the late showing for SIGN to be airing, would've just recorded the episodes as thats the silly times Sci-fi channel used to air series at..well some at 1am but tv series were around then. ^-^ well now that you are older i'm sure you understand the games better, plus it helps you don't need to hunt down seperate volumes and break the bank with Last Recode lol
One-Half

Post by One-Half »

SSJScygoku wrote:
Kokuro wrote:Hi all, Kokuro here.
^(^-^) welcome fellow dothacker~

xD we are all hoping more .hack is on the way, hopefully we'll be seeing something in the near future about what they plan to do~
One-Half wrote:Super lurker here. Last Recode has me running up and down your site here like crazy, and so I figured I'd join!

xD Nice to see Last Recode bringing more fans to the forums~

o-0 quite the late showing for SIGN to be airing, would've just recorded the episodes as thats the silly times Sci-fi channel used to air series at..well some at 1am but tv series were around then. ^-^ well now that you are older i'm sure you understand the games better, plus it helps you don't need to hunt down seperate volumes and break the bank with Last Recode lol
Yeah, we used to stay up all the time to watch those shows that came on early mornings like that, maybe...ten plus years ago. But for sure, Last Recode seems to be standing tall, hopefully this will help mark the continuation of the series if not at least a remaster of IMOQ. But, calling it Last Recode brings up something ominous.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

One-Half wrote: Yeah, we used to stay up all the time to watch those shows that came on early mornings like that, maybe...ten plus years ago. But for sure, Last Recode seems to be standing tall, hopefully this will help mark the continuation of the series if not at least a remaster of IMOQ. But, calling it Last Recode brings up something ominous.
xD I hope you weren't busy the following day if you were upto those hours in the morning. Maybe its meant to be the final definitive edition of the game as it comes with all the bells and whistles,hoping thats why they named it Last Recode u.u
One-Half

Post by One-Half »

SSJScygoku wrote:xD I hope you weren't busy the following day if you were upto those hours in the morning. Maybe its meant to be the final definitive edition of the game as it comes with all the bells and whistles,hoping thats why they named it Last Recode u.u
School nights, school nights xD, Yeah, Hopefully it's just that, but I'm definitely looking forwards two CC's next move, every now and again I see their name on a trailer or a game, Even the ff Remake, but seeing them go back to .Hack would be dream realized for sure!
Falions

Post by Falions »

One-Half wrote:
SSJScygoku wrote:xD I hope you weren't busy the following day if you were upto those hours in the morning. Maybe its meant to be the final definitive edition of the game as it comes with all the bells and whistles,hoping thats why they named it Last Recode u.u
School nights, school nights xD, Yeah, Hopefully it's just that, but I'm definitely looking forwards two CC's next move, every now and again I see their name on a trailer or a game, Even the ff Remake, but seeing them go back to .Hack would be dream realized for sure!
They were actually removed from the FF7 remake. Hopefully because they were too busy making .hack!
kidmannicole71

Post by kidmannicole71 »

Hello everyone. I am looking for some new friends Hope I found here Some good one. I love to watch movies and manga series.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

kidmannicole71 wrote:Hello everyone. I am looking for some new friends Hope I found here Some good one. I love to watch movies and manga series.
d(^_^) welcome to the boards fellow dothacker~
Tsukasa83

Re: New to the boarIntroduce yourself here!

Post by Tsukasa83 »

Hi, everyone! I am a huge fan of the .hack franchise. I am a legally blind author with cerebral palsy.
SSJScygoku

Re: New to the boarIntroduce yourself here!

Post by SSJScygoku »

Tsukasa83 wrote:Hi, everyone! I am a huge fan of the .hack franchise. I am a legally blind author with cerebral palsy.
^(^ - ^) howdy fellow dothacker,welcome to the boards~
Tsukasa83

Post by Tsukasa83 »

Thank you. SSJScygoku or anyone, would you say it is required you watch .hack//Roots before playing .hack G.U.: Last Recode?
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Post by Helbaworshipper »

Tsukasa83 wrote:Thank you. SSJScygoku or anyone, would you say it is required you watch .hack//Roots before playing .hack G.U.: Last Recode?
It is not necessary if you need to know the general story. If you want to get some of the details about things you don't understand, such as some things about Shino and Ovan, then watching roots would be best.
Tsukasa83

Post by Tsukasa83 »

Glad to be a member. You can like my official Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/OfficialJeremyBreitenbach and follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/JeremyBbach