New to the boards? Introduce yourself here!

Talk about .hack news unrelated to the other forums and other off-topic discussion!
mewho

Re: New to the boards? Introduce yourself here!

Post by mewho »

Vallen wrote:Never really noticed... but there are quite a few members that disappear after their introduction. I wonder why they join if they leave immediately and never come back lol :I
(random late night observation I had)
So sorry i just havent found a thread i'd like to post in
I kinda like reading old threads and seeing what past forums were like
It's sort of like old web archaeology.
ToastedButter

Post by ToastedButter »

Hello, the name is ToastedButter but I go by toasty/toast as well. First introduced to .hack when my friend brought the first .hack sign DVD to middle school so that we could all watch during our lunch break. That was 16 years ago and next week I'll be re-watching the series in anticipation of re: coded!
I am happy to be here!

Post by Avatar_Crim »

welcome toasty toast.
Azure Rogue

Post by Azure Rogue »

Hi all. Have been meaning to join this site for several years now, and I believe it went down at some point but here I have gotten around to it.

Rogue is my typical handle to nice to meet you all. Long time .hack fan, stumbled across .hack//G.U. Vol 2 in a used game store and had no idea what I was getting into. Eventually found the entire series and now am greatly anticipating the release of Last Recode on Steam. Glad to see a community of fans of this amazing story.

Currently living in Japan and whenever I ask for .hack anything in the manga shops I get met with confusion. Not easy to find merch.

Anyway, thanks for having me and looking forward to my time here.
Falions

Post by Falions »

Azure Rogue wrote:Hi all. Have been meaning to join this site for several years now, and I believe it went down at some point but here I have gotten around to it.

Rogue is my typical handle to nice to meet you all. Long time .hack fan, stumbled across .hack//G.U. Vol 2 in a used game store and had no idea what I was getting into. Eventually found the entire series and now am greatly anticipating the release of Last Recode on Steam. Glad to see a community of fans of this amazing story.

Currently living in Japan and whenever I ask for .hack anything in the manga shops I get met with confusion. Not easy to find merch.

Welcome aboard! Might I ask under what circumstances you're living in Japan? I'm planning to apply for an exchange this year.
Azure Rogue

Post by Azure Rogue »

Falions wrote:
Azure Rogue wrote:Hi all. Have been meaning to join this site for several years now, and I believe it went down at some point but here I have gotten around to it.

Welcome aboard! Might I ask under what circumstances you're living in Japan? I'm planning to apply for an exchange this year.

Thank you much, and of course. My wife and I moved here recently in July. I work in the Behavioral Health field for the U.S. Army so I was lucky enough to come down on a 3 year assignment to Japan. I never want to leave.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Azure Rogue wrote: Currently living in Japan and whenever I ask for .hack anything in the manga shops I get met with confusion. Not easy to find merch.
^(^_^) welcome to the forum fellow dothacker,glad you finally joined the site after the long hibernation of .hack these past few years~

?-? Since you live in Japan couldn't you order from sites like http://www.cc2.co.jp/cc2store/?cat=7 ,suruga-ya, gamers (https://www.gamers-onlineshop.jp/produc ... submit.y=0) and amazon.jp? I know there may not be too much merch in stores besides Kotobukiya but online should be easy enough to find some merch :D
Azure Rogue

Post by Azure Rogue »

SSJScygoku wrote:
Azure Rogue wrote: Currently living in Japan and whenever I ask for .hack anything in the manga shops I get met with confusion. Not easy to find merch.
^(^_^) welcome to the forum fellow dothacker,glad you finally joined the site after the long hibernation of .hack these past few years~

?-? Since you live in Japan couldn't you order from sites like http://www.cc2.co.jp/cc2store/?cat=7 ,suruga-ya, gamers (https://www.gamers-onlineshop.jp/produc ... submit.y=0) and amazon.jp? I know there may not be too much merch in stores besides Kotobukiya but online should be easy enough to find some merch :D
You are definitely right, can find the merch online and order from them for sure. Just a really good feeling when you have been looking hard for something by going from shop to shop and happening upon a hidden treasure, you know? Kotobukiya is awesome and I was lucky enough to go the .hack//gu last recode launch event they had there this weekend.

Post by Avatar_Crim »

welcome welcome!
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Azure Rogue wrote: You are definitely right, can find the merch online and order from them for sure. Just a really good feeling when you have been looking hard for something by going from shop to shop and happening upon a hidden treasure, you know? Kotobukiya is awesome and I was lucky enough to go the .hack//gu last recode launch event they had there this weekend.
:) I know what you mean, its an amazing feeling coming across a rare find especially when you aren't looking for it~ ?_? what did you get from the event?
Azure Rogue

Post by Azure Rogue »

SSJScygoku wrote:
Azure Rogue wrote: You are definitely right, can find the merch online and order from them for sure. Just a really good feeling when you have been looking hard for something by going from shop to shop and happening upon a hidden treasure, you know? Kotobukiya is awesome and I was lucky enough to go the .hack//gu last recode launch event they had there this weekend.
:) I know what you mean, its an amazing feeling coming across a rare find especially when you aren't looking for it~ ?_? what did you get from the event?
Picked up these sweet grabs. Wanted more but started to get pricey. the clock alone was 6000Y.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 2eec672606

Post by Avatar_Crim »

but that clock is worth it, it looks like..

also, i initially misread clock as cloak haha.
Greyoutt

Post by Greyoutt »

Heya!

I used to lurk around here from time to time but never bothered to make an account. In fact the way I found out G.U. Volume 1 was coming out was from the old site. With Last Recode out, I figured it was time I made an account!
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Avatar_Crim wrote:also, i initially misread clock as cloak haha.
xD now that would've been awesome for Halloween if it was a cloak or hoody~
Greyoutt wrote:Heya!

I used to lurk around here from time to time but never bothered to make an account. In fact the way I found out G.U. Volume 1 was coming out was from the old site. With Last Recode out, I figured it was time I made an account!
d(^_^) nice to see you made an account after all this time, with .hack back its the perfect time~ T-T also so much merch~

Post by Avatar_Crim »

SSJScygoku wrote:
Avatar_Crim wrote:also, i initially misread clock as cloak haha.
xD now that would've been awesome for Halloween if it was a cloak or hoody~
i'd buy a cloak or hoody in an instant.
hitman555z

Post by hitman555z »

Hey everyone. I've been ghosting this site for years when I first played infection but never was able to get my hands on the other 3 and the GU series. Thankfully the set for GU is here so I'm catching up on that.

Honestly though the game seems too easy once you learn to block accordingly and attack at the right moments to the point I level up in dungeons about 10 levels over me. Just started reminisce and I'm already 96.
Falions

Post by Falions »

hitman555z wrote:Hey everyone. I've been ghosting this site for years when I first played infection but never was able to get my hands on the other 3 and the GU series. Thankfully the set for GU is here so I'm catching up on that.

Honestly though the game seems too easy once you learn to block accordingly and attack at the right moments to the point I level up in dungeons about 10 levels over me. Just started reminisce and I'm already 96.
Yes, they lowered the difficulty/increased EXP gain. Welcome aboard! I used to do the same when I was a kid--constantly check this page everyday for something new.
hitman555z

Post by hitman555z »

Falions wrote:
hitman555z wrote:Hey everyone. I've been ghosting this site for years when I first played infection but never was able to get my hands on the other 3 and the GU series. Thankfully the set for GU is here so I'm catching up on that.

Yes, they lowered the difficulty/increased EXP gain. Welcome aboard! I used to do the same when I was a kid--constantly check this page everyday for something new.
I prefer the difficulty of .hack//infection. You needed the right skills at all times, exploit weakness, grind a lot more, etc and still get your ass handed to you by skeith. Oddly enough, the virus dragon in the post game went down faster than skeith and he's supposed to be a post game boss.

Can you curse on this board? Not sure about that.
foxkeric

Post by foxkeric »

Azure Rogue wrote:
Picked up these sweet grabs. Wanted more but started to get pricey. the clock alone was 6000Y.

Woah! That Canard sticker is really cool (despite the typo...Carnard?). It shows a P-38 Lightning, a beautiful aircraft and my favorite plane of all time.

I guess this is a good time to introduce myself...I'm foxkeric, restaurant manager by day, writer by night, student pilot by budget (it's an expensive hobby haha).

I first played G.U. in 2013/4 based on the recommendation of a good friend. The game blew me away, and I quickly finished Rebirth. I had about 20 hours in Reminisce when my save file corrupted...but, after a short break, I was back in the game and quite far into Volume 2.

And then my old backwards compatible PS3 died.

I lost so many hours of gameplay (not to mention 60+ hours in a Grandia playthrough). That killed it for me. I didn't have the heart to start again, and I haven't played the games in over a year, but I am VERY excited to return to The World via the Last Recode! So excited that I finally joined these forums...
Azure Rogue

Post by Azure Rogue »

foxkeric wrote:
Azure Rogue wrote:

Woah! That Canard sticker is really cool (despite the typo...Carnard?). It shows a P-38 Lightning, a beautiful aircraft and my favorite plane of all time.

I guess this is a good time to introduce myself...I'm foxkeric, restaurant manager by day, writer by night, student pilot by budget (it's an expensive hobby haha).

I first played G.U. in 2013/4 based on the recommendation of a good friend. The game blew me away, and I quickly finished Rebirth. I had about 20 hours in Reminisce when my save file corrupted...but, after a short break, I was back in the game and quite far into Volume 2.

And then my old backwards compatible PS3 died.

I lost so many hours of gameplay (not to mention 60+ hours in a Grandia playthrough). That killed it for me. I didn't have the heart to start again, and I haven't played the games in over a year, but I am VERY excited to return to The World via the Last Recode! So excited that I finally joined these forums...
Yeah the typo is pretty funny. Saw it and had to buy it for the sake of the typo. Will pick up a correct one eventually. Sounds like you have had a rough go with the game series, but I assure you, they are well worth every second. Welcome to the boards and welcome back to The World!