New to the boards? Introduce yourself here!

Talk about .hack news unrelated to the other forums and other off-topic discussion!
mister

Re: New to the boards? Introduce yourself here!

Post by mister »

How do I raise my rank on here? Where did dot hacks fan base go? Am I literally alone right now? I never get notes on here. Where are all the recent posts?
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

mister wrote:How do I raise my rank on here? Where did dot hacks fan base go? Am I literally alone right now? I never get notes on here. Where are all the recent posts?
You raise your rank by posting @.@

There are other people posting, maybe not all that frequently. You only get notifications if someone quotes you or messages you ^^'
If you want to see recent posts go into the "quick links" menu and select "new posts" ^.^
cmdrbentley

Post by cmdrbentley »

What it do folks. Long-time .hack//fan, part-time delivery driver and full-time rapper. It's a damn pleasure to meet you folks.
mister

Post by mister »

Where would I find the quick links menu?

Post by Avatar_Crim »

what up new peeps. how goes it.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

mister wrote:Where would I find the quick links menu?
Under the "dothackers" banner at the top of the page,right next to the FAQ link.
mister

Post by mister »

Thanks
shugo k

Post by shugo k »

I'm a young elder... I started using this site when I was underage as hell.
...Its embarassing to look at the posts I made when I was young.
/Facepalm
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

shugo k wrote:I'm a young elder... I started using this site when I was underage as hell.
/Facepalm
xD well we were all young once,some of us still are~

Good to see old members returning to the boards :D
Falions

Post by Falions »

shugo k wrote:I'm a young elder... I started using this site when I was underage as hell.
/Facepalm
That's so cute. It's the beauty of the internet! All your embarrassing moments are archived forever!
I have Gaia Online accounts from when I was 10-12 that forever chronicle my childhood.
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Post by AZURE-KITE »

Falions wrote:
/Facepalm
That's so cute. It's the beauty of the internet! All your embarrassing moments are archived forever!
I have Gaia Online accounts from when I was 10-12 that forever chronicle my childhood.
Speaking of which, I'm also embarassed at my old posts. Hell, I'm even embarassed at some posts I made last year.

Anyways, welcome to all the new members and also to me, since I've been getting back online... But mostly been lurking, since I'm wanting to RP but the Role-Play section is dead. There's also no use in trying to revive it, since most RolePlayers don't go around it anymore.
Goldtaills

Post by Goldtaills »

Hi there, im Goldtaills! the .Hack series is one of the first game series's ive touched as a child and ever since has only intrigued me more and more as I discovered the rest of the series. Ive played through .Hack infection-outbreak and hope to one day get enough money to buy quarantine. Ive also played through all 3 G.U. Games. Ive seen .Hack sign, .Hack roots and its ova. I have also seen .Hack terminal. I have all 3 .Hack legend of the twilight manga books and one of the G.U± books. Oh, and ive seen .Hack limanity.

I am glad to meet you all!
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Goldtaills wrote:Hi there, im Goldtaills!
^(^-^) welcome to the boards fellow dothacker!

I hope you are able to come across a reasonably priced Quarantine, its so expensive and you need to be sure if you order online that it comes with the Liminality disc which holds .hack//GIFT @.@

Glad you've seen a fair amount of the anime/manga, you should definitely give .hack//G.U. Trilogy (movie) and .hack//Quantum (OVA series) a try :D Not to mention there is a slew of novels and manga such as .hack//A.I. Buster, Another Birth, X-Fourth,CELL and G.U.+ to name afew,amazon should have them used for a fair price. ^-^

.hack//Terminal? You mean "The End of the World" Terminal disc that comes with the Special Edition of G.U. ?_?

Post by Avatar_Crim »

welcome new member. You already have done more than me. I still have only beaten Infection :P One day I will play through the rest lol.
Goldtaills

Post by Goldtaills »

SSJScygoku wrote:
Goldtaills wrote:Hi there, im Goldtaills!
^(^-^) welcome to the boards fellow dothacker!

I hope you are able to come across a reasonably priced Quarantine, its so expensive and you need to be sure if you order online that it comes with the Liminality disc which holds .hack//GIFT @.@

Glad you've seen a fair amount of the anime/manga, you should definitely give .hack//G.U. Trilogy (movie) and .hack//Quantum (OVA series) a try :D Not to mention there is a slew of novels and manga such as .hack//A.I. Buster, Another Birth, X-Fourth,CELL and G.U.+ to name afew,amazon should have them used for a fair price. ^-^

.hack//Terminal? You mean "The End of the World" Terminal disc that comes with the Special Edition of G.U. ?_?
Thank you! ^^ Ill be sure to give .Hack// trilogy, .Hack// quantum and the novels a look.
And yes, I think I mean that. I came across it on youtube while going on a G.U. nostalgia trip (at the time we lost G.U. Vol 1, and I really badly wanted to play it...)
Falions

Post by Falions »

Goldtaills wrote:Hi there, im Goldtaills! the .Hack series is one of the first game series's ive touched as a child and ever since has only intrigued me more and more as I discovered the rest of the series. Ive played through .Hack infection-outbreak and hope to one day get enough money to buy quarantine. Ive also played through all 3 G.U. Games. Ive seen .Hack sign, .Hack roots and its ova. I have also seen .Hack terminal. I have all 3 .Hack legend of the twilight manga books and one of the G.U± books. Oh, and ive seen .Hack limanity.

I am glad to meet you all!
Welcome!
If you don't mind me asking, how old are you? These days you most likely won't find Quarantine for lower than $90 (I got my copy at a local store for $100 complete with the OVA) but if you really wanted to--especially if you're still dependent on your parents--you could work part-time and just 10 hours at minimum wage would net you enough to land yourself a copy.
Anyway, what I'm saying is go forth with no regrets! Spend that money like there's no tomorrow! Because you know one way or another you're going to bite the bullet anyway and buy it, so why not make that day today?
@Masaki

Post by @Masaki »

I'm probably years late to join but when I first found .hack 6 years ago I barely knew how to type with one hand >.>

I suck at introductions but here I go,
My name is Masaki, 18 years old and a fan of .hack since I first saw Sign 6 years ago. I moved a lot from place to place and I can speak 3 languages(Greek,English and Romanian).

My hobbies I guess are playing games and watching anime. When I was 10 years old I made my first game using Game Maker(it was an arkanoid clone, funny since I got the idea from a different arkanoid clone at the time lol) and I realized that I wanted to be a game designer/developer since then.

I think that's all, I also play music every now and then.

Post by Avatar_Crim »

Welcome Masaki. Pretty cool. I can speak many languages too, just all of them are in english lol.

I remember arkanoid, I am pretty sure I still have it for the Snes, and that I have never beaten it.

Hope you enjoy it here.
@Masaki

Post by @Masaki »

Avatar_Crim wrote:Welcome Masaki. Pretty cool. I can speak many languages too, just all of them are in english lol.

I remember arkanoid, I am pretty sure I still have it for the Snes, and that I have never beaten it.

Hope you enjoy it here.
Never beat it either, but it sure is a fun game!
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

@Masaki wrote:My name is Masaki, 18 years old and a fan of .hack since I first saw Sign 6 years ago. I moved a lot from place to place and I can speak 3 .
^(^-^) welcome fellow dothacker! Its never to late, although the forums aren't as active there are still members around~

xD I can only speak english so thats very impressive~