Na.
38%

Total votes: 8

Saisu

OMG PS2 Emulator :D

Post by Saisu »

☺☺ http://www.pcsx2.net/ ☺☺
☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺
The new version of the PCX2 0.9 emulator is great! This emulator works with 10 of my 14 PS2 games and thanks to my powerful computer I get to play PS2 games with greatly enhansed graphics with Pixel Shader 3, 1600x1200 max resolution and working surround sound. If you have the processing and graphical power, and a PS2 game that's supported (most already are) you should try this! Every game that works in this emulator is alot more fun wih better graphis, sound, and the ablity to control your games with anything you want. A keyboard and mouse for FPS games, a steering wheel for driving, and my joystick for avation.
This emulator does not contain any copyrighted material, so you'll have to get the BIOS from your own PS2.
Right now I'm trying to get the damn thing to stop crashing whenever I try to load a save from every game except for FFX.
Screnezzz:
Boot Screen
MENU (with console showing no errors)
Emulated memory cards
ME PLAYING FFX :D (console froze... but the game kept running)
If you don't want to deal with any trouble or problems, just try to play games that are listed to work.
And what's the point of the CPU and frame counter? It never works... and the CPU naturally is maxed out when running an emulator that demanding.

Systen requirements(i made these up by estimate):
AMD 2.5Ghz processor, or Dualcore 2.3Ghz. Intel... just get something expensive, I only have AMD processors.
ATI X800(oc'd) or Nvidia 6600(with pipelines unlocked)
DirectX 9.0c and Pixel Shader 2 needed, SSE2 as well.
512mb of additional ram; DDR400 or greater needed.
This will allow you to play PS2 games, slowdown will occour when playing any complex game.
Another thing, the framerate does not vary on the resolution by much; 1024x768 gives you roughly 800x600 quality.

OMFGGLOCK
Last edited by Saisu on Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:08 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Erroneous
Complaint Department
Complaint Department

Post by Erroneous »

Just a warning, so long as NO ONE requests or offers ROMs particularly, I won't lock this thread. Discussion on the emu, compatibility questions, and most importantly .hack//Infection, Fragment, GU ingame screenshots is most welcomed :D
Last edited by Erroneous on Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saisu

Post by Saisu »

End of a Shadow wrote:Just a warning, so long as NO ONE requests or offers ROMs particularly, I won't lock this thread. Discussion on the emu, compadiblity questions, and most importantly .hack//Infection, Fragment, GU ingame screenshots is most welcomed :D
Just what I was going to say...
I made this video a while ago with the PS2 emu, it's the intro of Star Ocean.
All realtime, 30fps constant.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... nd+of+time
Still....... tripping out on Star Ocean 3's ending.... wow...
I WANT G.U.!!! :(
Rocky and Bullwinkle free on Google videos today :D
Akira_zero

Re: OMG PS2 Emulator :D

Post by Akira_zero »

Saisu wrote:
... you'll have to get the BIOS from your own PS2.
This is a rather n00bish question but....
does that mean that you'd have to extract certain parts of your original, tangible PS2?
Rydis

Post by Rydis »

any better screenshots? The one you posted with FFX looks horrendous.
infection//AURA

Post by infection//AURA »

After countless years they FINALLY brought out a working emulator, not one that just debugs. <3