21%
Other
48%

Total votes: 33

Maromi
moo.
moo.

Post by Maromi »

When it comes to turn-based, the MegaTen and Shadow Hearts series take the cake. If we're talking real-time, action-based gameplay, Dark Cloud 2 is atop my list. The .hack games have quite a bit of ambition and a decent idea for a battle system, but the gameplay is repetitive, monotonous, bland, and boring. Then again, that's what you get when you try to stretch a game across four disks, changing nothing, especially with an unexperienced development team. The plot was enough to keep me playing; but, unfortunately, a lot of general RPGamers never wanted to proceed past //INFECTION or //MUTATION, which is understandable.
Reaver

Post by Reaver »

Regular turned based gets kinda annoying, but you still love, come on.
And live battles are always awesome too... if I had to choose, it would be something like KH or .hack// ... then again FFX also had an awesome system...
TheEnigma
The Beholder of Chaos
The Beholder of Chaos

Post by TheEnigma »

I like fast paced turn based games. but i don't love them. i think my fav batlle system is from KH 2. it is fast paced and fun. .hack/ didnt hook me on to it just for the bland gameplay and graphics... it hooked for its enthralling story.
DataHazard

Post by DataHazard »

I like those strategy type games like the fire emblem stuff as well as the fighting style of Final Fantasy. But after a while, it gets really annoying to me cause i'm a person who gets really into the storyline and just wants the battles to be over with. Thats why I prefer the real time fighting such as those in Tales of Symphonia, .hack series, Kingdom Hearts, etc. I find that type of fighting to be more fun cause you do more than just select different moves.