Thoughts on The Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess delay

Video game discussion, encompassing all genres and platforms

Moderator: Moderators

What are your thoughts on the delay

Total votes: 0

Kaito Fujiwara

Post by Kaito Fujiwara »

However, if they take a lot of time to make it and it turns out crappy, then there will be HELL TO PAY!!!
DragonoftheEarth

Post by DragonoftheEarth »

dont even mention windwaker. they destroyed the Zelda name with that game. YOU HOLD A BATON INSTEAD OF AN OCORINA (cant spell) and u went around in a king boat person. (lame) and Ganidorf that made him fat and he is not fat. all in all that game was the biggest disapointment ever in Zelda games
The Partisan
Location: Where fantasy meets reality, and technology is caught in between.

Post by The Partisan »

DragonoftheEarth wrote:dont even mention windwaker. they destroyed the Zelda name with that game. YOU HOLD A BATON INSTEAD OF AN OCORINA (cant spell) and u went around in a king boat person. (lame) and Ganidorf that made him fat and he is not fat. all in all that game was the biggest disapointment ever in Zelda games
AMEN!!! TELL IT LIKE IT IS!!! PREACH ON, BROTHER!!! RIGHT ON! AMEN! 8)
Dragoon2044
Silent Assassin of the
Silent Assassin of the

Post by Dragoon2044 »

It doesn't really matter. Windwaker was a different approach to zelda. You can't really say its good or bad; it just is. Different. I myself thought it was a great game although I could do without searching endlessly for triforce pieces on a boat(wasn't horrible just BLAH).

Nintendo has repeatedly assured everyone that twilight princess will be on the gamecube console. It will not be on revolution.

The reason for the delays I can probably say with some accuracy that it was delayed from November because of the release of the xbox 360. If zelda and 360 released at the same time it would take sales away from zelda. Nintedo's reason was basically coated with a smiley face, "The development team working on zelda requested more time to work on the game so we decided to push the game back so they can add more secrets and levels,". Was it pushed back to February or March now? The ps3 will be arriving sometime in the spring of 2006(if they haven't delayed it) so Nintendo might still be delaying thier zelda for gamecube until they see a confortable time to release thier arguably strongest franchise. This holiday season belongs to 360 and the first half of 2006 the ps3 will be causing storms within the market. I could see twilight princess released in late summer or early fall 2006. Revolution's release will also be closer to the holiday season 2007. It looks to me like thier in a tough spot when it comes to the release of zelda for gamecube.
Kaito Fujiwara

Post by Kaito Fujiwara »

good point,
and I've also heard that there making a un-CS version of wind waker.
Kaito Fujiwara

Post by Kaito Fujiwara »

they ashould also, amke combat w/the sword not so restrictive.

also, it would be fun to see roc's cape in TP (probably wont happen though)
Dragoon2044
Silent Assassin of the
Silent Assassin of the

Post by Dragoon2044 »

I wouldn't want to play zelda with glitches and holes if they can fix them well before the actual launch date. I was just pointing out from a business point of view why such delays happen. Of course glitches and holes with software can also contribute to delays. In the end Twilight Princess will stand strong against the accursed wave that is sony's ps3 and microsoft's x360. :D

I'm curious about this non cell-shaded version of winder waker. I've not heard about one until now.
Haro
Location: hangin with sawo on the otherside of the hybrid rainbow...

Post by Haro »

i agree with the delay, release the game when it cant get any better. But what is tripping me out is the fact that there are rumors going around that it might come out for the revoulution, and that would suck... sorry if someone has brought this up already.
Kaito Fujiwara

Post by Kaito Fujiwara »

Haro wrote:But what is tripping me out is the fact that there are rumors going around that it might come out for the revoulution, and that would suck... sorry if someone has brought this up already.
Disregard those rumors, it ain't going on the Revolution.
Haro

Post by Haro »

really, wow thats good, i would of hated having to buy a revo. for the sole reason of zelda, sorry to put it up.
DragonoftheEarth

Post by DragonoftheEarth »

im pretty sure it is and u can use the controler as his sword thats what i read
Haro

Post by Haro »

... yeah, i heard things like that to, i know its all rumors and speculation still, but what i read seemed to have some backing, but still, i would rather have it for the gamecube, fun as it would be to have links sword.
Links_Mistress

hmmm...

Post by Links_Mistress »

you know guys, they're delaying it for one reason:

TP's gunna sell teh Revolution, no doubt. If they released it on the GC, think about their sales. It's nothing to be angry about; they're making TP define the Revolution of mature gaming for Nintendo. And the controller? TP's gameplay is going to REVOLVE around that new controller + nanchaku attachment.

I WAS dissapointed, but anyone can wait. Heck, after WW I waited 4 years for a mature LOZ game (after MM, actually, i was dying for more).

It's just too bad it's not gonna sound as good as WW; only some parts'll be orchestrated :(
Xae-Solace

Post by Xae-Solace »

I don't think its much that they are making it better. The game is finished no doubt its just pending a good time to ship out... Trust me if they weren't finished there wouldn't be a release date at all.
Dragoon2044
Silent Assassin of the
Silent Assassin of the

Post by Dragoon2044 »

Revolution's disc tray will also hold gamecube discs aswell. Either way you look at it Twilight Princess will be played on a gamecube system or a revolution system. There is also the seperate revolution zelda to keep in mind.:)
SnowManZero
Evil Incarnate
Evil Incarnate
Location: New South Whales in Australia.i'm not the only one? that's so cool.*act's like sora*

Post by SnowManZero »

DOES IT COST MONEY TO GET NIGHTED? :shock: (damn cap's lock....should die)

i can wait.....

but it look's sooooo great!
wave killer
The Inbetweener
The Inbetweener

Post by wave killer »

You all may not want to hold your breath I heard that Tiwlight Princess got delayed again!
Leonhart

Post by Leonhart »

It's made me mad that they keep on delaying it, but i'll wait. Because i still want them to make it.