Polygon CC2 article

Video game discussion, encompassing all genres and platforms

Moderator: Moderators

Falions

Polygon CC2 article

Post by Falions »

http://www.polygon.com/features/2016/3/ ... #366847345
Currently, he says CyberConnect2 is working on eight games, five for consoles and three for mobile phones. One of those is the highly anticipated Final Fantasy 7 Remake with Square Enix. Another is a virtual reality game — a new IP with an unannounced partner.
What's saddening to hear is that that VR project is a new IP and confirms it isn't .hack. Still, full speed ahead. I just want it to be .hack's turn already.
Sizzdaddy

Re: Polygon CC2 article

Post by Sizzdaddy »

Eight games? I wonder if that number is due to "breaking up" any games like they did with the hack series. So the number could actually be like five if there's a game that is a series lol.
Falions

Post by Falions »

Sizzdaddy wrote:Eight games? I wonder if that number is due to "breaking up" any games like they did with the hack series. So the number could actually be like five if there's a game that is a series lol.
That's probably the 3 mobile games, since New World is still at Vol. 1. Then again, FF7 Remake is being split up too, but I doubt they'd start work on the others yet.
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

I think they would count episodic games seperately, but not count each part as being in active development. Gotta make 'em one at a time, so FFVII x3 may be a thing but for now FFVII-1 would only count towards the 8 in development total.
Falions

Post by Falions »

Lindz wrote:I think they would count episodic games seperately, but not count each part as being in active development. Gotta make 'em one at a time, so FFVII x3 may be a thing but for now FFVII-1 would only count towards the 8 in development total.
My point exactly.
There's also the 3 big projects CC2 announced almost 2 years ago now... god, it feels like only yesterday I was freaking out.
One is the VR game which we now know is not .hack. Another had "photo-realistic graphics" which is most likely FF7:R. The third is an RPG. I'm placing all my bets there.
Sizzdaddy

Post by Sizzdaddy »

Falions wrote:The third is an RPG. I'm placing all my bets there.
I'm hoping they think a bit outside the box with it too. The phases, comas and AIs have been done to death I think. As much as I love hack's story and characters something new needs to come along.
Falions

Post by Falions »

Sizzdaddy wrote:
Falions wrote:The third is an RPG. I'm placing all my bets there.
I'm hoping they think a bit outside the box with it too. The phases, comas and AIs have been done to death I think. As much as I love hack's story and characters something new needs to come along.
That's why I don't mind if they rework the concept for the ground up like they claim to be doing with N.U.
I think something more along the lines of SIGN + more excitement would be pretty interesting. I just want something a bit more insightful rather than a shounen-y story. I guess that's why I like the first "season" of .hack more.
Sizzdaddy

Post by Sizzdaddy »

I didn't mind their spin with the avatars in GU. Wasn't my favorite thing cause it was kind of simplistic and repetitive but it worked. I even actually liked the battle style in R:2 better then the first series. Just really disliked a lot of the characters in GU like Gaspard. I wanted to come out of pk retirement and ice him in the worst way. If you make Piros look like Balmung there's something wrong lol.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

You shouldn't really believe polygon in anything, just saying, I was through with them after their lousy ratings fiasco.

Post by Avatar_Crim »

Kaori wrote:You shouldn't really believe polygon in anything, just saying, I was through with them after their lousy ratings fiasco.

This.
Falions

Post by Falions »

Kaori wrote:You shouldn't really believe polygon in anything, just saying, I was through with them after their lousy ratings fiasco.
But they actually interviewed CC2? What would they even gain out of lying about an actual interview they had? This logic doesn't make much sense.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Falions wrote:
But they actually interviewed CC2? What would they even gain out of lying about an actual interview they had? This logic doesn't make much sense.
lets just agree to disagree then shall we? This is the nicest way I can put it without saying something that will hurt your precious feelings.
Falions

Post by Falions »

Kaori wrote:
Falions wrote:
lets just agree to disagree then shall we? This is the nicest way I can put it without saying something that will hurt your precious feelings.
Agree to disagree on what? Again, I'm struggling to understand. I just want to know why an article that is simply a report of an interview they conducted with CC2 should be discredited.
Trust me, you're not hurting my "precious feelings."
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Just wait till cc2 says something officially, interview or not I'm still not buying it.
Falions

Post by Falions »

Kaori wrote:Just wait till cc2 says something officially,
Kaori wrote:interview
In what world is this not official? What do you want? For Matsuyama to come to your doorstep? Of course they would say something like this for a news article, exactly for the reason that it reaches people who don't follow official Twitters or regularly check their site. Again, what reason would Polygon have to lie about it?
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

Falions wrote:
Kaori wrote:Just wait till cc2 says something officially,
Kaori wrote:interview
In what world is this not official? What do you want? For Matsuyama to come to your doorstep? Of course they would say something like this for a news article, exactly for the reason that it reaches people who don't follow official Twitters or regularly check their site. Again, what reason would Polygon have to lie about it?
When it comes to gaming news many people these days don't consider websites like Polygon to be credible due to the stigma attached to them.

Post by Avatar_Crim »

zaseo wrote:When it comes to gaming news many people these days don't consider websites like Polygon to be credible due to the stigma attached to them.
this is why game informer to me is pretty worthless of a read. I still read it, but its meh.
(Phantom) Thief

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

I think Falions is correct on this one. Everyone is correct in saying Polygon doesn't have a good reputation. But I don't believe this is another mess up. CC2 ENG mentioned the article on their twitter account. http://fb.me/3TfAuXdRG. Also about the VR Game, maybe CC2 is helping IBM with their Sword Art Online: The Beginning Project.

Post by Avatar_Crim »

I don't think anyone is saying its a mess up or something, more so as a "take what is said with a grain of salt" type of thing.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Avatar_Crim wrote:I don't think anyone is saying its a mess up or something, more so as a "take what is said with a grain of salt" type of thing.
Exactly! For a guy who's a fan of P4, he can't reach out to the truth very well lol!
But anyway, don't go believing every bit of news 100% just because its there for you to read, I'll just wait and see for as long as it takes rather than believe known liars in everything.
(Phantom) Thief wrote:Also about the VR Game, maybe CC2 is helping IBM with their Sword Art Online: The Beginning Project.
Yes! Somebody who doesn't badmouth SAO for working with .hack like some basement dweller who wastes money on overpriced "memorabilia" and acts like a Japanese holdout, I think the two go great together, not just for cameo costumes and characters but also as parallels, instead of you know, insulting each other.