Fire Emblem Fates

Video game discussion, encompassing all genres and platforms

Moderator: Moderators

Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Re: Fire Emblem Fates

Post by Kaori »

Okay, I want to buy this game, but I'm having some serious second thoughts due to the fact that they apparently butchered the game's story, is it still worth getting?
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Kaori wrote:Okay, I want to buy this game, but I'm having some serious second thoughts due to the fact that they apparently butchered the game's story, is it still worth getting?
I beat Birthright, it was fine. Idk why people complain, it's a solid game.

Post by Avatar_Crim »

I haven't beaten the story yet, but so far I have no quarrels with birthrights story. Haven't touched conquest still. I've had a few friends who beat it tell me they enjoyed the story on both, so I'm not sure about how the story might be butchered.
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

Avatar_Crim wrote:I haven't beaten the story yet, but so far I have no quarrels with birthrights story. Haven't touched conquest still. I've had a few friends who beat it tell me they enjoyed the story on both, so I'm not sure about how the story might be butchered.
The main thing that got butchered were things related to bonding with characters.

This is an example.
http://imgur.com/a/XMCIf
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

zaseo wrote:
Avatar_Crim wrote:I haven't beaten the story yet, but so far I have no quarrels with birthrights story. Haven't touched conquest still. I've had a few friends who beat it tell me they enjoyed the story on both, so I'm not sure about how the story might be butchered.
The main thing that got butchered were things related to bonding with characters.

This is an example.
I can live with that zaseo, I'm not some "purist" who screams HERESY just because they screwed up with that, the main story is still there, and the game is still pretty damn fun to play, in fact, I'm willing to let nintendog's mistake with this slide, I'll also get Bravely Second next after this too, just take it easy man, its not like the moral guardians will control everything, they tried before with comic books, shooter games, and even D&D, its just history repeating, everybody just needs something to blame for their problems, so I don't think playing panic police is such a good idea, just judge the game for what you get, not who is behind it and the circumstances of it being brought here, we're not supposed to get the Japanese version anyway as some suff would just go over our heads.

Post by Avatar_Crim »

Kaori wrote:
zaseo wrote:

This is an example.
I can live with that zaseo, I'm not some "purist" who screams HERESY just because they screwed up with that, the main story is still there, and the game is still pretty damn fun to play, in fact, I'm willing to let nintendog's mistake with this slide, I'll also get Bravely Second next after this too, just take it easy man, its not like the moral guardians will control everything, they tried before with comic books, shooter games, and even D&D, its just history repeating, everybody just needs something to blame for their problems, so I don't think playing panic police is such a good idea, just judge the game for what you get, not who is behind it and the circumstances of it being brought here, we're not supposed to get the Japanese version anyway as some suff would just go over our heads.
yeah, I'm fine with changes like that. I'm not going to call a game butchered because the conversation was changed up a bit during translations. That doesn't bug me. It didn't alter story or anything.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Yeah, does anybody know where I can buy more killer, brave and silver weapons?
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

Kaori wrote:
zaseo wrote:

This is an example.
yeah, I'm fine with changes like that. I'm not going to call a game butchered because the conversation was changed up a bit during translations. That doesn't bug me. It didn't alter story or anything.
I prefer if a translation is kept in context. This is the smaller end of things. Other games get it worse however.