Video game discussion, encompassing all genres and platforms

Moderator: Moderators

Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Fire Emblem Fates

Post by Kaori »

http://fireemblemfates.nintendo.com

Comes out this month and I've got plans to get it, although if possible, I'll go for the special edition, I'm kinda needing something to scratch my itch in the tactical RPG department, and no I do not want project x zone, it was nothing but fanservice and eye candy, even by JRPG standards, it was basically the game equivalent of filler fanfiction, its fun to look at, but nothing deeper, as for why Fire Emblem, I guess its that old fashioned Tactical charm that I like about it, so anybody else with a 3DS getting it?

Re: Fire Emblem Fates

Post by Avatar_Crim »

i've been going to my local stores almost on a weekly basis asking if they are taking special edition pre orders.(cause sometimes they will when they say they don't lol)

plus i've been keeping an eye online for it to pop up as well. If I can't get it, oh well, i guess i'll just do gamestop's offer and get both for 60, and get revelations at a later date.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Avatar_Crim wrote:i've been going to my local stores almost on a weekly basis asking if they are taking special edition pre orders.(cause sometimes they will when they say they don't lol)
plus i've been keeping an eye online for it to pop up as well. If I can't get it, oh well, i guess i'll just do gamestop's offer and get both for 60, and get revelations at a later date.
I won't have to worry about the pre-orders running out here, most "gamers" here tend to buy shooters, by the 20th I should be able to get my hands on one, if not, birthright and a $50 Eshop card, and does the Corrin Amiibo do anything in the game? Or nothing?

Post by Avatar_Crim »

I only pre-ordered to get the bonus key chain things(through gamestop) or whatever they are called. Might as well get what I can for bonuses that are physical, everything now a days is digital bonus crap. but all this is assuming I don't find a way to get the special edition, which i doubt at this point.

As for amiibo support, I don't believe roy or corrin, well more of corrin, to have any support initially, but I do expect the possibility through a patch or update that they will eventually get some sort of support.
Falions

Post by Falions »

The amiibos aren't made yet, so we don't know. But considering how this game has been out for months in Japan, it's unlikely.
As for the game itself... I am not a fan of tactical RPGs to begin with, and only bought Awakening because Nintendo had a deal nearly 3 summers ago where if you bought FE:A and Shin Megami Tensei IV, they would give you $30 credit on the eshop. I was already going to buy SMTIV, so I thought why not to FE:A.
I couldn't stand it. There was no sense of strategy from the enemy side; they just attacked your nearest unit. Beating it was a chore not because it was hard, but because it was too easy. Not to mention the boring story, and how every character is nothing more than a few unlockable scenes. After that, they take the backseat (save for the small main cast, and even they don't get much characterization outside of your avatar and Chrom.)

But, this is my opinion.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Falions wrote:The amiibos aren't made yet, so we don't know. But considering how this game has been out for months in Japan, it's unlikely.
As for the game itself... I am not a fan of tactical RPGs to begin with, and only bought Awakening because Nintendo had a deal nearly 3 summers ago where if you bought FE:A and Shin Megami Tensei IV, they would give you $30 credit on the eshop. I was already going to buy SMTIV, so I thought why not to FE:A.
I couldn't stand it. There was no sense of strategy from the enemy side; they just attacked your nearest unit. Beating it was a chore not because it was hard, but because it was too easy. Not to mention the boring story, and how every character is nothing more than a few unlockable scenes. After that, they take the backseat (save for the small main cast, and even they don't get much characterization outside of your avatar and Chrom.)

But, this is my opinion.
Yeah, its simple, which it what makes it enjoyable, the only complicated things I like in life are Visual Novels, anyway, I'm consodering skipping this game recently to get Disney Infinity 3.0, I recently learned Boba Fett is a figure, so I'm gonna go make a 1313 themed campaign.

Post by Avatar_Crim »

you guys both make me sad :( lol j/k. I actually enjoyed awakening, but I like these kind of games and the series itself haha, but I do see where you are coming from and understand why there wouldn't be much appeal if you aren't into them.

now as for the amiibo support, i get that its been out a few months in japan, with nothing been said of corrin or roy, but it is possible they could be waiting for the western release to move forward with support. At least, this is more what I am hoping the reason to be.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Avatar_Crim wrote:you guys both make me sad :( lol j/k. I actually enjoyed awakening, but I like these kind of games and the series itself haha, but I do see where you are coming from and understand why there wouldn't be much appeal if you aren't into them.

now as for the amiibo support, i get that its been out a few months in japan, with nothing been said of corrin or roy, but it is possible they could be waiting for the western release to move forward with support. At least, this is more what I am hoping the reason to be.
Eh, if I can't get 3.0, I'll get fates then, so not to worry.

Post by Avatar_Crim »

it's all good. which, not sure if it's part of it or not, or if gamestop is near you, but i believe they are having buy 2 get 3 free on skylanders figures, disney infinity, and amiibo. not sure if used or not.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Avatar_Crim wrote:it's all good. which, not sure if it's part of it or not, or if gamestop is near you, but i believe they are having buy 2 get 3 free on skylanders figures, disney infinity, and amiibo. not sure if used or not.
Only real videogame chain in the country is called Datablitz, no gamestop, and besides, I'm gonna be spending about $160 on disney infinity, want a LOT of those figures, but that is if my older sis will allow me, if not, Fire emblem it is.

Post by Avatar_Crim »

Kaori wrote:Only real videogame chain in the country is called Datablitz, no gamestop, and besides, I'm gonna be spending about $160 on disney infinity, want a LOT of those figures, but that is if my older sis will allow me, if not, Fire emblem it is.
I see. Well, either way you go, go for it.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

I checked the Price of 3.0, its quite large despite being rather old, so I may just get FE after all, and maybe those doctor who packs for younger sis.

Post by Avatar_Crim »

I didn't think 3.0 was that old. didn't it just come out this past august or october?
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Avatar_Crim wrote:I didn't think 3.0 was that old. didn't it just come out this past august or october?
Oh, Alright then, anyway, so were you able to pre-order?

Post by Avatar_Crim »

i was. but not special edition. my plan now is to go to stores that morning and see if they maybe just possibly got in extra copies.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Yeah, so were you able to get the special edition?
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Yeah, they didn't have the special edition over here, they didn't even have pre-orders, I'll just go order it on Amazon, although I did grab Disney Infinity 3.0 instead.

Post by Avatar_Crim »

ah, too bad. so far i am enjoying the game a lot. not too far in though. plus i keep breaking to play some pokemon blue now that it finally released on 3ds lol.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

I got Birthright and  I let Kaze die.... I ***** thought it was part of the story, only later to find out it was preventable..omfg
Avatar_Crim wrote:ah, too bad. so far i am enjoying the game a lot. not too far in though. plus i keep breaking to play some pokemon blue now that it finally released on 3ds lol.
I got Pokemon Yellow, my first time playing it. Yellow kinda slipped by back then and I never got around to playing it.
Which version of FE did you get?

Post by Avatar_Crim »

I actually got both versions, but I am playing through birthright first to get a feel for it and the story, and then go to conquest on a higher difficulty and enjoy more story lol. What I don't have yet, but plan to get as well, is the Revelations version.

so i guess to answer the question. Both! and eventually all 3!