why doesn't dot hack get any attention

Video game discussion, encompassing all genres and platforms

Moderator: Moderators

Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Re: why doesn't dot hack get any attention

Post by Kaori »

mister wrote:Kaori it's always been a dream of mine to get started making my own video games. How I'm getting my start is by getting information from gamers like you. What would you tell someone trying to get their start? And where do I learn this stuff from officially?
Lets talk about it elsewhere, that's off-topic from this thread.http://www.dothackers.net/forums/viewto ... 21&t=19806
mister

Post by mister »

I would definitely buy this would be game, considering that it's my favorite series and if they had a game that imported all the content with translation of the Japanese battle actions like an unlocked online gu game. Kind of like the world r2.5 would be. Kinda like the gu series was a pre-play. Idk about you guys but I light weight expect another game just because where gu left off. I think that a nice bluff these guys have going for them is that they are waiting for vr equipment to be available to the public like it is in the anime. All I'm saying is that ideally they release a game before that grand scheme becomes a reality. Preferably mmo.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

mister wrote:I would definitely buy this would be game, considering that it's my favorite series and if they had a game that imported all the content with translation of the Japanese battle actions like an unlocked online gu game. Kind of like the world r2.5 would be. Kinda like the gu series was a pre-play. Idk about you guys but I light weight expect another game just because where gu left off. I think that a nice bluff these guys have going for them is that they are waiting for vr equipment to be available to the public like it is in the anime. All I'm saying is that ideally they release a game before that grand scheme becomes a reality. Preferably mmo.
We told you in your other thread that its never gonna happen, .hack can never work out as a real MMO, and besides, VR technology and the type of game .hack is will never work out, the games I see in VR are simulators, first person shooters, and anything generally made by Bethesda, and you just keep on repeating about wanting a fragment game, you're not really contributing here if all you do is just keep talking about wanting fragment, we keep telling you already, its not gonna happen, move on, its already on high levels of pathetic how many people like you come around here posting thinking its gonna happen and not doing anything but talking about it, we answered your questions, no, its never gonna happen, go check out the .hack storyline and other media, there's more to it than just fragment, fragment has nothing to do with the story in the first place.
mister

Post by mister »

I was speaking of gu being the stepping stone to the mmo.
Falions

Post by Falions »

mister wrote:I was speaking of gu being the stepping stone to the mmo.
G.U. turns 10 years old this year. If it was going to turn into anything else, it would've already.
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

The .hack games are design around single player and simulates a MMO. IMOQ would not work with large scale multiplayer but it is fun to grab a few friends and go through some areas. GU would be the same way. A .hack MMO would have to be redesign to be much different from the PS2 games.

.hack is getting attention but not much in the western world. It is a common thing with many anime and video game series. The best one can do right now is import .hack related stuff, play the new mobile game, play games on emulator, etc. As I stated before if a .hack MMO was made or a new game at least, there is a high chance of it not being localized(like PSO2).

When new .hack stuff is release, it is best to show the developers there is interest. Digimon Cyber Sleuth is an example of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cZA_q_32Mw

The producer himself said they brought the game over to the west due to fan demand. The Digimon games before Cyber Sleuth weren't localized but fan interest was still there. Over time and effort the fans finally got results. Also these days the main thing is simply having a market and translating text. A lot of games have JP voices only but the text is translated in English. Digimon Cyber Sleuth, Senran Kagura are examples of this.
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjubkZ ... RW5m-FQNpg

Fragment and .hack Link are other options via emulator.
mister

Post by mister »

Idk dude, I know I pretty much abandoned this post due to some rather heated discussion , but nevertheless , I'd still like to toss this idea around, a gu mmo. Think about it, like all the main components would be there, except for when you look around you see real players instead of ai. Back when this game launched for the ps2 , online play was basically , well I don't wanna say impossible , but improbable for most people, considering all the specs you had to do to play online , making it out of reach for some people but , in this day and age , where the ps4 comes bundled with online play, it seems as though the community of people that still follow this series have yet to fully expirience all of what the idea of gu had to offer. Yes it's an mmo simulation but is a simulation enough stimulation for the fan base ? The possibility of an mmo based on this game relies on us as a fan base being ready for the reality of an mmo, cheering for it , making sure the developers know we want it and flat out expecting it due to speculating on the angle cccorp was playing by creating a simulation and , depending on who your talking to, basing your entire anime series on a non existent game and not cashing in on those copyrights is just crazy talk.
mister

Post by mister »

On a separate note but still related , what's the deal with log horizon and Sao ? Do they have mmos yet?
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Unless you just keep spamming to get your post count upinstead of editing for minor details, You just make yourself look like an annoyance, and assuming you read ANYBODY elses topics here besides your own, I already posted thay they are working on a SAO MMO with VR capabilities: http://www.dothackers.net/forums/viewto ... 21&t=19831

SAO is a merchandising empire right now with all these products ranging from perfume and cologne to figures and games made by Bandai Namco as well, on the other hand .hack is now living on in smartphone gaming with IAP, whereas SAO already has console games on the Playstation family.
mister

Post by mister »

Heated yet informative. Is there any news on log horizon ?btw I added an edit on my first post. You might wanna check it out. Also if your going to dish out the heat, unprovoked might I add, I might as well tell you I'm a pretty cool guy generally and will do my best to diffuse your attitude with calmness and tranquility. I don't feel like getting reported again over you coming and trying to call me out of my character . Any moderator that sees my response to your flaming as flaming is clearly biased . I mean I'm the victim here obviously . I won't report you because I see no merit in making enemies with you. With all your helpful info I'd actually really like it if we could be friends. Back to what I said originally, I think dot hack as a series is due for a current gen comeback . Waiting so long for something like what I was saying to come out I know it's a bit discouraging , but let me ask you this , originally did you expect an mmo to this series and if so what changed your mind?
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

mister wrote:Heated yet informative. Is there any news on log horizon ?btw I added an edit on my first post. You might wanna check it out. Also if your going to dish out the heat, unprovoked might I add, I might as well tell you I'm a pretty cool guy generally and will do my best to diffuse your attitude with calmness and tranquility. I don't feel like getting reported again over you coming and trying to call me out of my character . Any moderator that sees my response to your flaming as flaming is clearly biased . I mean I'm the victim here obviously . I won't report you because I see no merit in making enemies with you. With all your helpful info I'd actually really like it if we could be friends. Back to what I said originally, I think dot hack as a series is due for a current gen comeback . Waiting so long for something like what I was saying to come out I know it's a bit discouraging , but let me ask you this , originally did you expect an mmo to this series and if so what changed your mind?
Okay then, I'm sorry for my usual outburst, but everybody still here is pretty much apathetic to a .hack MMO, Sure there's fragment, but for every single knuckle-headed idiot out there, it was NEVER an MMO, I never expected a .hack MMO nor do I want to play it, I dislike MMO's in general, I play games for their stories, not so I can keep on raiding and farming.
Falions

Post by Falions »

mister wrote:Back to what I said originally, I think dot hack as a series is due for a current gen comeback . Waiting so long for something like what I was saying to come out I know it's a bit discouraging , but let me ask you this , originally did you expect an mmo to this series and if so what changed your mind?
.hack was actually originally planned as an MMO, but CC2 figured it'd be more interesting to create a singleplayer scenario around it than just making another MMO. I don't know what "angle" you're talking about, making it sound like they've been planning to make an MMO for years now and that it's as simple as it being up to us to make it happen. Face it: it's not going to happen. The only possibility I see it happening under is some sort of miraculous success through N.U., complete with a console game that gets huge and makes it to the west and revitalizes an otherwise dead fanbase.

I personally have never expected The World to become a reality, but it's still one of my greatest dreams. Even when I was a kid I knew it was improbable in that time because of our technology, let alone our internet speeds.
mister

Post by mister »

Kaori wrote:
mister wrote:Heated yet informative. Is there any news on log horizon ?btw I added an edit on my first post. You might wanna check it out. Also if your going to dish out the heat, unprovoked might I add, I might as well tell you I'm a pretty cool guy generally and will do my best to diffuse your attitude with calmness and tranquility. I don't feel like getting reported again over you coming and trying to call me out of my character . Any moderator that sees my response to your flaming as flaming is clearly biased . I mean I'm the victim here obviously . I won't report you because I see no merit in making enemies with you. With all your helpful info I'd actually really like it if we could be friends. Back to what I said originally, I think dot hack as a series is due for a current gen comeback . Waiting so long for something like what I was saying to come out I know it's a bit discouraging , but let me ask you this , originally did you expect an mmo to this series and if so what changed your mind?
Okay then, I'm sorry for my usual outburst, but everybody still here is pretty much apathetic to a .hack MMO, Sure there's fragment, but for every single knuckle-headed idiot out there, it was NEVER an MMO, I never expected a .hack MMO nor do I want to play it, I dislike MMO's in general, I play games for their stories, not so I can keep on raiding and farming.
Wait so are you a fan of the anime?? What makes it different from other animes is the mmo qualities . The idea of an mmo is not an entertaining one?? I can't imagine not wanting the mmo if your a fan of the series. We should get into the aspects of mmos vs one player RPGs . That's a stimulating convo, I can already tell.
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Post by Helbaworshipper »

mister wrote:
Kaori wrote:
Wait so are you a fan of the anime?? What makes it different from other animes is the mmo qualities . The idea of an mmo is not an entertaining one?? I can't imagine not wanting the mmo if your a fan of the series. We should get into the aspects of mmos vs one player RPGs . That's a stimulating convo, I can already tell.
Well, considering the technology, GU will probably be hard to see as an actual MMO. The functions and speed are just too much to expect out of an MMO. As for the first game, Fragment did try to simulate it, but it was mostly taking IMOQ and offering an online function.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

mister wrote:
Kaori wrote:
Just because I watched the anime doesn't mean I liked it, I saw them, but thats it, it was more boring than a conversation on the death star, and that's coming from somebody who plays Visual Novels for fun, and no I don't think MMO's are entertaining in the least bit, they force you to either socialize or shell out real money for high grade weapons and support items, or god forbid a subscription, online gaming ought to be like The Division, and that game is great, both story wise and gameplay wise.
mister

Post by mister »

Kaori wrote:
mister wrote:
Kaori wrote:
Just because I watched the anime doesn't mean I liked it, I saw them, but thats it, it was more boring than a conversation on the death star, and that's coming from somebody who plays Visual Novels for fun, and no I don't think MMO's are entertaining in the least bit, they force you to either socialize or shell out real money for high grade weapons and support items, or god forbid a subscription, online gaming ought to be like The Division, and that game is great, both story wise and gameplay wise.
Ok so I'm starting to see your point in storyline based gameplay vs raid based. But dude, the best thing about mmos is getting seeded entry from like level one. Like having that uber gold inside plug on any item either threw advertisement and donation or like having a best friend to give you things , like either way in a dot hack mmo your rank here would not go to waist surely it has plug to be high rank. Like say the mmo launched on this link exclusive to the members here first . You could do the storyline before everyone else and achieve that ever so lasting gold status amongst your lesser peers and respect from those on your level. But I believe the dot hack mmo would be heavily storyline based . Why? For exactly the reason you mentioned to , avoid the heavy farm grind.
Helbaworshipper wrote:
mister wrote:
Kaori wrote:
Well, considering the technology, GU will probably be hard to see as an actual MMO. The functions and speed are just too much to expect out of an MMO. As for the first game, Fragment did try to simulate it, but it was mostly taking IMOQ and offering an online function.
I want to know what you see changing from gu to the speculative mmo , besides the skill trigger being changed to not freeze time. Don't developers look for ideas in places like this?
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

mister wrote: Ok so I'm starting to see your point in storyline based gameplay vs raid based. But dude, the best thing about mmos is getting seeded entry from like level one. Like having that uber gold inside plug on any item either threw advertisement and donation or like having a best friend to give you things , like either way in a dot hack mmo your rank here would not go to waist surely it has plug to be high rank. Like say the mmo launched on this link exclusive to the members here first . You could do the storyline before everyone else and achieve that ever so lasting gold status amongst your lesser peers and respect from those on your level. But I believe the dot hack mmo would be heavily storyline based . Why? For exactly the reason you mentioned to , avoid the heavy farm grind.
So you're saying you THINK your rank here has anything to do with the official .hack series? We're a fan forum, not the official forum and no way in hell linked to anybody at CC2, so no ain't gonna happen, and for the love of god just give it up, everybody is getting very fed up with this conversation and I myself am tempted to have this thread locked as you never seem to absorb what we tell you, just find something else creative to do around here or in real life for crying out loud, there are MILLIONS of other games out there to play, all of them offering a wide variety of fun an flavor, yet you keep insisting on something very Niche and what would probably not do so well, fragment didn't even do very well that it never made it out of Japan whereas Metal Gear 3: Subsistence for PS2 was successful enough to bring metal gear online overseas.
mister

Post by mister »

Kaori said
So you're saying you THINK your rank here has anything to do with the official .hack series? We're a fan forum, not the official forum and no way in hell linked to anybody at CC2, so no ain't gonna happen, and for the love of god just give it up, everybody is getting very fed up with this conversation and I myself am tempted to have this thread locked as you never seem to absorb what we tell you, just find something else creative to do around here or in real life for crying out loud, there are MILLIONS of other games out there to play, all of them offering a wide variety of fun an flavor, yet you keep insisting on something very Niche and what would probably not do so well, fragment didn't even do very well that it never made it out of Japan whereas Metal Gear 3: Subsistence for PS2 was successful enough to bring metal gear online overseas.
Well look at it this way, being a member of this site allows you much insight to how to play the game well beyond its parameters already , I invision a world where much more stuff is offered by the modding community to say the least. Take a look here : http://www.dothackers.net/forums/viewto ... 21&t=19833
This explains how close I was to atleast getting a character select option in the game threw the use of the action replay max. This is just on console though. More possibilities threw computer content I believe . Btw lol my noob quote edit. Idk how to do it correctly .
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

May I just say you are very thickheaded? I don't care about playing a .hack mmo, and neither do everybody else here if its just another poorly made fan-game made by somebody who has no show for it other than demo videos, you're also forgetting the plot, and thats the problem, the plot of the game wasn't pushed by the world itself but by the characters, take away the people and replace it with yourself and others and its just another generic online game, the world has enough of that, and god forbid if you start asking us for donations, and we already have other MMO's that are good alternatives like PSO2.