Re: The successor to .hack?

Post by Kaori »

Might wanna click on my words.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

I did, that's just my nickname for SAO, especially in this context. Like Words with Friends.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Well, I'm super psyched for this game, but I kinda wonder why not much coverage? It's like SCEA hates the Vita or something.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Sword Art Online is a shameless rip off of the .hack---unfortunately this game is a budget title from what I can see, so I doubt it'll be as good as the .hack games :/
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Vallen wrote:Sword Art Online is a shameless rip off of the .hack---unfortunately this game is a budget title from what I can see, so I doubt it'll be as good as the .hack games :/
First off, rip-off? Really? Is Captain America a rip-off of Superman? Is attack on titan a rip-off of MuvLuv? No, it's more of a successor if anything, or even better, a parallel, and budget title? What about link and it's uber repetative gameplay and its predictable dungeons? Heck, even the boss fights involve juggling, THAT, should be a budget game, besides I prefer SAO and Log Horizon over something that hasn't even done a major game, face it, guilty dragon, link and versus are already low points, might as well let m night shyamalan in charge of the series, .hack is deader than disco, which is somewhat true due to a certain Star-Lord and his walkman full of 70's hits giving a younger audience a taste of the glorious genre which is Disco, so while I enjoy going co-op with real people and progressing my character, you can just keep wiping the dust off your PS2's and keep playing your trilogy games over and over again.
Bullet Biter

Post by Bullet Biter »

Last time I checked the .hack games weren't waifu stimulators.

Also I'd rather replay a game that has actually interesting characters and plots than sit through SAO again. God what a bore it was.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Bullet Biter wrote:Last time I checked the .hack games weren't waifu stimulators.
G.U and Link weren't?
Bullet Biter wrote:Also I'd rather replay a game that has actually interesting characters and plots than sit through SAO again. God what a bore it was.
Here's a suggestion then: read the books, they're coming out over there in english rather than some two-bit wannabe translator posting fandumb translations in some niche site.
Bullet Biter

Post by Bullet Biter »

Kaori wrote:
Bullet Biter wrote:Last time I checked the .hack games weren't waifu stimulators.
G.U and Link weren't?
Bullet Biter wrote:Also I'd rather replay a game that has actually interesting characters and plots than sit through SAO again. God what a bore it was.
Here's a suggestion then: read the books, they're coming out over there in english rather than some two-bit wannabe translator posting fandumb translations in some niche site.
1.) Did you even play GU and Link or are you just one of those IMOQ fanboys who thinks those games were actually good? And no I don't consider them waifu simulators because the female characters actually have a personality that doesn't vanish once they fall in love (minus Alkaid. She's the Asuna of GU) and there isn't even a real love interest in Link.

2.) I'd rather not waste my money. Regardless of the fan translation the plot is still NEET self-insert boredom.
I'll save it for the eventual log horizon release since I'm already a fan of Mamare and I like how he's put a lot of effort into it.
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Post by Helbaworshipper »

Okay, before this gets too crazy.... Please do try and be respectful for other members. Until we can all cool down, I'll lock this topic.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

The topic shall be open again, let's just keep it cool everyone.

A certain member reported this topic wanting the posts to be deleted and the topic discussion to remain, but i'm not gonna do that. All discussions are welcomed here, even those that would go against the opinions of the original poster. I mean, that's the whole point of having a discussion, isn't it? XD If we're going to only keep the posts that make a few ones happy and lead to no arguments whatsoever, we might as well replace everyone with bots who only post "YAAAAY .HACK FOR EVURRRRR XOXO <3" XD Deleting posts can also be some form of censorship, selectively choosing what i want everyone else to read and getting rid of all that i don't agree with. Sure, sometimes some posts really have to be deleted as they serve absolutely no purpose except spamming or directly insulting members for pure aggression, but well, at least in this case there's none of that, and so i find no reason to delete anything, as long as the discussion remains within the topic and doesn't move out to just throwing crap at each other, of course.

So yeah, just stay cool and relatively nice with each other and we'll all be fine and happy o3o And expect discussions and arguments to happen, especially in a topic about SAO which is well-known as the nemesis of .Hack, and with a title that suggests .Hack fans should follow the interests of this game. If someone doesn't want to keep arguing about the series themselves in this topic, you're all free to open up a different topic to discuss about it, or just don't keep feeding the fire in here. Would be preferrable to keep the conversation about the game itself, since well, it is a topic about the game, but any related conversations are still welcome. We barely have any active topics anymore to start getting so restrictive on them XD lol
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Still though, there's no denying that Bullet Butter and Vallen started it, I don't ever want those two assholes back in this thread.

Anyway, I'm still super psyched for this game, I was insinuating that if people get this, then maybe, Namdai will think about making .hack games in the future if people are into the Pseudo MMORPG types of games again.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Seems like these kids can't play nice with each other. Or even read anything i say regarding insulting members directly. Seriously, was it that hard to just keep the conversation alive without the need of that first sentence?

This topic is over. Anyone who is willing to continue the conversation here (or whatever remained of it), is free to do so in a new topic. Except Kaori, you had your chance of keeping a nice topic and you took it away from yourself in just a single post.