E3

Video game discussion, encompassing all genres and platforms

Moderator: Moderators

Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

E3

Post by Kaori »

So, is there anything you guys are looking forward to in this year's E3? I'm personally hoping for some more Senran Kagura, or Type-0 news.
zaseo

Re: E3

Post by zaseo »

Microsoft Conference dang that Halo Master Chief Collection. I give them credit for bringing the games.
Sony disappointed me this year.
Nintendo won by a huge margin.
zerokoolpsx

Post by zerokoolpsx »

Current cast of Super Smash Bros. Wii U so far. No Lucina.

Palutena confirmed for SSB Wii U.
http://www.smashbros.com/jp/characters/palutena.html

There is still a few characters missing obviously.

It might look closer to this.

Bayonetta 1 and 2 for Wii U out for October 2014 for NA.
Super Smash Bros. Wii U is coming out sooner, maybe this fall? Have to check the release date if there is one.

Xenoblade Chronicles X
Sorry for the poor shot. Didn't zoom it in.

There was a hella long line for The Order: 1886.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD coming to PS4/Xbox One (no Vita), Agito coming too (iOS/Android)
Talk about rubbing salt in the wound.

GTA V coming to PS4, XB1 and PC this fall.

Everyone knows about the Halo collection.

Shinovi Versus will not have english dub. Talked to a friend there and its japanese with english subtitles only. It has too much text.

Star Wars Battlefront 3 production.

Sunset Overdrive has 8 player co-op and it plays like Motorstorm and Twisted Metal.

There is just too much information out there lol. Uncharted 4 and Little Big Planet 3 are announced. No surprised there. Will post more stuff tomorrow.

At least I got the Super Smash Bros. t-shirt heh. Nothing really impressed me at the conferences this year. Sony was especially a letdown.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

It seems we all agree that Sony just sucked in this E3 D: It has some of the greatest games but entirely forgot about them except for LBP and then tried to sell a TV and Kingpin's comic movie thing D8 lol
Xbox was just fine though nothing surprising, and Nintendo triumphed over all with each annoucement. It even got ME excited and i have no intentions of getting a Nintendo console at all D8' ...Or had. lol

And well, i'm just looking forward to some games now. Mostly Metal Gear Solid V, of course 83 And Assassin's Creed Unity. Uncharted 4 seemed pretty cool too. And i actually didn't care much for The Order D:
zerokoolpsx

Post by zerokoolpsx »

Konami's booth is just MGS:V and they only show it to the media first by appointment.

I did wait in line for Disney Infinity today for 2 hours though and got the figurine and a selfie with Spiderman. 8 Marvel Heroes you can pick from, but the one they give you is a blind box.

Also beat the Leviathan Battle Challenge for Final Fantasy XIV and got the shirt for it. Will wear it tomorrow and gonna help another friend get his.

Today, I just focused on getting free swag haha.

Will have to check Dragon Age: Inquisition and Bloodborne tomorrow.

There is Fable Legends which is a multiplayer beta online co-op that is drastically different from its predecessors.
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

MS is a nonfactor in my gaming life as usuals.
Sony had Vi... PS TV which highly interests me cause I greatly prefer gaming on a tv with a real controller to a handheld (though to my limited knowledge there aren't yet any vita games I would wanna play).
Nintendo got Fantasy Life which seems right up my alley! Sad about no DQ VII though ;_;
zerokoolpsx

Post by zerokoolpsx »

Bloodborne and Batman: Arkham Knight looks amazing, more so on Batman.

Waited 2 hours and got the Batman: Arkham Knight t-shirt after watching the trailer.
I got a lot of t-shirts today heh. My bag was heavy and so was my friends.

Didn't have time to play ToX 2 and say its a great Tales game. Got sidetracked by Batman and the Leviathan Challenge for some friends. It was easy with this group and got another t-shirt.

Sony announced a white PS4 bundle that includes Destiny for $450 arriving September 9th.
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

Overall Nintendo did the best.
BrinODea

Post by BrinODea »

I have to disagree with Sony being disappointing. While the entire line of games may not have been that large, I have noticed an increasing trend in that the PS4 is becoming the lead development system, ex, Watch Dogs (while the PS4 version was only 900P, it was far more stable than any other platform, especailly PC by a very nice margin). What was disappointing was the lack of Vita support as usual, by I honestly expected that... its basically become my favorite PS4 controller... Overall though, next year seems like a better year for next gen, as developers are now getting into the groove of things.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

BrinODea wrote:I have to disagree with Sony being disappointing. While the entire line of games may not have been that large, I have noticed an increasing trend in that the PS4 is becoming the lead development system, ex, Watch Dogs (while the PS4 version was only 900P, it was far more stable than any other platform, especailly PC by a very nice margin). What was disappointing was the lack of Vita support as usual, by I honestly expected that... its basically become my favorite PS4 controller... Overall though, next year seems like a better year for next gen, as developers are now getting into the groove of things.
Sony is not disappointing because of the PS4, their games, or themselves as a company overall. I also agree that the PS4 is the lead console in this new generation, it's going to have the best developers, and it'll have the BEST games.
What was disappointing was that, in their conference, they didn't talk about the games much, except for Little Big Planet and ALOT of 2D indie games (which aren't really bad and i know alot of people would play them...but honestly, these kind of conferences are NOT aimed for people who would play or even care about them), talked ALOT about future projects that we probably won't be seeing in a really long time (nice 5-second mention of Project Morpheus without even showing a thing), and spend about 30 min turning the PS4 into a TV so you can watch a random series that, once again, the people watching the conference just don't care about D:
In comparison to Microsoft which pleased all their fans with CoD, Halo, Assassin's Creed and lots of cool games WITH full proper gameplay (would've been GREAT if Sony showed gameplay of the new inFamous or MGSV...but nope, trailers), and Nintendo with the new Smash, Pokemon remakes and Legend of Zelda (PURE FANGASM with no boring filler info), Sony really disappointed in their E3 conference, and personally i expected ALOT more to be shown D: Or just alot less TV and pointless games D8
BrinODea

Post by BrinODea »

TheSorrow wrote:
BrinODea wrote:I have to disagree with Sony being disappointing. While the entire line of games may not have been that large, I have noticed an increasing trend in that the PS4 is becoming the lead development system, ex, Watch Dogs (while the PS4 version was only 900P, it was far more stable than any other platform, especailly PC by a very nice margin). What was disappointing was the lack of Vita support as usual, by I honestly expected that... its basically become my favorite PS4 controller... Overall though, next year seems like a better year for next gen, as developers are now getting into the groove of things.
Sony is not disappointing because of the PS4, their games, or themselves as a company overall. I also agree that the PS4 is the lead console in this new generation, it's going to have the best developers, and it'll have the BEST games.
What was disappointing was that, in their conference, they didn't talk about the games much, except for Little Big Planet and ALOT of 2D indie games (which aren't really bad and i know alot of people would play them...but honestly, these kind of conferences are NOT aimed for people who would play or even care about them), talked ALOT about future projects that we probably won't be seeing in a really long time (nice 5-second mention of Project Morpheus without even showing a thing), and spend about 30 min turning the PS4 into a TV so you can watch a random series that, once again, the people watching the conference just don't care about D:
In comparison to Microsoft which pleased all their fans with CoD, Halo, Assassin's Creed and lots of cool games WITH full proper gameplay (would've been GREAT if Sony showed gameplay of the new inFamous or MGSV...but nope, trailers), and Nintendo with the new Smash, Pokemon remakes and Legend of Zelda (PURE FANGASM with no boring filler info), Sony really disappointed in their E3 conference, and personally i expected ALOT more to be shown D: Or just alot less TV and pointless games D8

True true, but if there is one thing that I have learned from Sony, almost all good things come to those that wait (like seriously, almost every game I have debated buying, I waited and got for free or at a major discount).
I kinda wish I had a WIiU, since I still love Nintendo games, and as usual Nintendo shows that they honestly only care for the gamers, but as of late, nothing Nintendo can keep my attention, no matter how hard I try to focus.