Moderator: Moderators

zerokoolpsx

Sen no Kiseki - Sept. 26 2013

Post by zerokoolpsx »

lycorispeony

Re: Sen no Kiseki - Sept. 26 2013

Post by lycorispeony »

Thanks for sharing with us~

The cover is rather interesting: Why is Fie Clausell at the front and not the main character, Rean Schwarzer? Maybe Falcom is hinting at something important here =p

As much as I love to buy it, I've yet to play the Sora no Kiseki trilogy or Zero/Ao duology. Which means I will be VERY very lost when it comes to major events.
zerokoolpsx

Post by zerokoolpsx »

lycorispeony wrote:Thanks for sharing with us~

The cover is rather interesting: Why is Fie Clausell at the front and not the main character, Rean Schwarzer? Maybe Falcom is hinting at something important here =p

As much as I love to buy it, I've yet to play the Sora no Kiseki trilogy or Zero/Ao duology. Which means I will be VERY very lost when it comes to major events.
Story is connected. Falcolm stressed that the 3rd trails game should be played before playing this one.
2nd and 3rd one need to come over quick.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Ugh, if only this and the other trails games would be released outside of Japan, I'd be happy, can't anybody besides Xseed translate it?
lycorispeony

Post by lycorispeony »

Kaori wrote:Ugh, if only this and the other trails games would be released outside of Japan, I'd be happy, can't anybody besides Xseed translate it?
Isn't XSeed partnered with Falcom and they are only a localizing company? And wouldn't that mean XSeed doesn't handle any programming whatsoever and gives Falcom the English script so Falcom can encode it? We all know that Falcom is busy with Sen no Kiseki so that would mean... =p

Someone brought up this up on XSeed's "Ys Celceta: Sea of Trees" thread. I copied the quotes and pasted them here, since this would apply to all Falcom games that are worked on by XSeed.

"Im confused here, what does Falcom recent work have to do with a long completed game like Ys Celceta?
isnt Xseed the ones translating Ys Celceta? enlighten me"

- XSEED is "just" a localization company: They get in touch with the game's developer (or vice-versa), get the licensing, get a text dump of the game in question (in Japanese) and then they localize it to English.
- XSEED doesn't have its own programmers (well, except Sara, who does all the programming stuff for their PC releases).
- Due to that, they rely on the original developer in order to insert the translated text.

Fun times indeedy~
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Okay, since this game is now out stateside, anybody mine telling me if they got it and how is it? I might get this along with Cyber Sleuth.
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Post by Helbaworshipper »

Kaori wrote:Okay, since this game is now out stateside, anybody mine telling me if they got it and how is it? I might get this along with Cyber Sleuth.
I actually bought this out of curiousity... I actually like it. However, depending the difficulty, you'll feel the fights aren't as hard. I like the story more than the gameplay, but he gameplay is easy to get used to.

Right now I"m working on my NG+ run.

I'd recommend looking at the gameplay before buying it.
zerokoolpsx wrote:
lycorispeony wrote:Thanks for sharing with us~

Story is connected. Falcolm stressed that the 3rd trails game should be played before playing this one.
2nd and 3rd one need to come over quick.
The third game is still in development.
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

Ohhh this is Trails of Cold Steel! I had alot of fun playing through it and as someone new to the series didn't feel left out or anything. Very much appreciated being able to skip battle animations, warp around towns, an other speedy time saving things. Story got interesting after alil while an I liked most of the characters. An plain old battling/grinding felt fun since the battle system was simple enough to understand. Really pumped for the sequel later this year, it may just be my last PS3 game unless the mystical Cold Steel 3 also makes it out onto the system!