Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky

Video game discussion, encompassing all genres and platforms

Moderator: Moderators

zerokoolpsx

Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky

Post by zerokoolpsx »

A turn based rpg and also part of a trilogy. I played a couple of hours of Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky or TitS (LOL). Its text heavy and the battles has voice overs. Characters have depth to them. Anyway, here are some trailers. So far, I'm enjoying it a lot.
TitS Opening

Small clips of gameplay footage.

So go out there and grab some TitS LOL. I'm never gonna get tired of this pun.
AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Re: Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky

Post by AZURE-KITE »

for what platform??
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Huh, I've already got this, I have the original on PC and one for psp, the one I got on psp came with some neat stuff like a CD with the entire soundtrack, a map and a bracer's badge.
zerokoolpsx

Post by zerokoolpsx »

AZURE-KITE wrote:for what platform??
It's for psp.
Kaori wrote:Huh, I've already got this, I have the original on PC and one for psp, the one I got on psp came with some neat stuff like a CD with the entire soundtrack, a map and a bracer's badge.
A cloth map? The premium edition US got was the same except we got a reversible poster, badge and cd soundtrack.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

map/poster.
kai the pkk
The Fang King

Post by kai the pkk »

yeah this is my favority in the legend of heroes Saga I can't wait for SC
TheEnigma
The Beholder of Chaos
The Beholder of Chaos

Post by TheEnigma »

I was just coming back to the boards to post about this game. I wanted to spread the news to everyone here to purchase this game "new" so Xseed can release the 2nd part. This game is amazing and it really just oozes with nostalgia for the glory days of ps1 rpgs if thats what you are craving like me. The story and character development are so deep and in depth, and the 6th game in the series was just announced for psp in Japan.

So please everybody please buy this great game. I know everybody here would enjoy the crap out of it! Trust me its worth the price for the new limited edition espceially!!
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

TheEnigma wrote:I was just coming back to the boards to post about this game. I wanted to spread the news to everyone here to purchase this game "new" so Xseed can release the 2nd part. This game is amazing and it really just oozes with nostalgia for the glory days of ps1 rpgs if thats what you are craving like me. The story and character development are so deep and in depth, and the 6th game in the series was just announced for psp in Japan.

So please everybody please buy this great game. I know everybody here would enjoy the crap out of it! Trust me its worth the price for the new limited edition espceially!!
True, although I find it difficult to find time to play this, I should really get back to playing this.
TheEnigma
The Beholder of Chaos
The Beholder of Chaos

Post by TheEnigma »

As do I Kaori. You really need to invest quite some time into this game to fully enjoy it. I remember on my original playthrough my time for finishing the prologue itself was somewhere around 13 hours. Now for everyone who doesnt know this game has 4 chapters plus the prologue totaling for 5 chapters basically, so for the prologue to take that long;..well, yeah you get the point. This game is looonnng! but not to say it isnt enjoyable. Probably one of the single best psp games ive played in a long time!
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

I just got to the part where you're in the mines, by the way do you have any tips for this game?
TheEnigma
The Beholder of Chaos
The Beholder of Chaos

Post by TheEnigma »

If by mines do you mean in the prologue? And some useful tips would be to open as many slots for Estelle and Joshua as soon as possible. This will help greatly and increase your EP as well as give you more options on customzing your arts in turn giving you a greater variety of magic because frankly magic is quite broken in this game. Also do as many side quests as you can. This is where you will get most of your money from in the earlier stages as well as increasing your guild rank to get those rare quartz presents.

Hmm and talk to everybody after MAJOR events for hidden quests and hidden items. If you didnt hear there are these books called the Carnelia books that are extremely hard to come by. They have very small windows to be able to obtain them similar to the bromides in the Lunar games. If you get all the books (10 or 11 i believe) you can trade them in at some point for Estelle OR Joshua's ultimate weapon. You can get both ultimate weapons if you get the books in your first playthrough, then get them again in your subsequent newgame plus playthrough.

Other than that just enjoy the game and if you need more tips just ask.
zerokoolpsx

Post by zerokoolpsx »

Just beat the game. Joshua is so broken with Gladiator's Belt and Grail Locket. Equip him with Deathblow 1 and use his S break Black Fang which hits everything on the screen. Took a little over 50 hours because I did almost all the side quests. Forgot to turn in the black book and by the time I realize what it was. I had already left the area. It would take roughly 40 hours just doing the main quest only. Certain boss fights, you'll be really under leveled. Xseed did a fantastic job on localizing this game. Looking forward to the second chapter!My orbments for Joshua was Deathblow 1, Hit 3, Defense 3, Action 3, Attack 3 and HP 3. Estelle had Defense 3, Hit 3, Attack 3, HP 3, EP Cut 3 and Petrify.

My tips would be learning recipes so you can make heal items for difficult fights. Open all slots first asap. Do all the requests for the bracer guild. You want to get Deathblow 1 at rank 3, Grail Locket at rank 2 and Gladiator's belt at rank 1. If you have trouble on a difficult boss fight. Get 200 CP and fight the boss then. Make sure you have food that heals and cures status aliments or K.O. It really helps.

I didn't know anything about the carnelia books. Missed the ultimate weapons for Joshua and Estelle. =/
TheEnigma
The Beholder of Chaos
The Beholder of Chaos

Post by TheEnigma »

Yeah there are a total of 11 volumes that you have to get. Then at some point in the final chapter you turn them in for EITHER Joshua or Estelle's ultimate weapon. The attack isnt that great compared to the final dngeon equipment. The final dungeon levels are both att +120. The ultimate weapon stats are simply att +130, so not that big of a deal. Luckily there is a new game + feature and you can choose what to carry over, including whatever carnelia books you have. I myself missed volume 10. I knew the point to get it was coming up but I completely forgot to grab it when the oportunuity came. So now I am working on playthrough 2 of 3 to get Joshua's ultimate weapon first, then my 3rd and final time through I will grab Estelle's and go for a perfect BP run (which by that point should be quite easy since my first playthrough I had 358/368 of the total BP you can acquire in the game.)
zerokoolpsx

Post by zerokoolpsx »

You can only choose 1 of them when turning in all 11 books? You don't get both? If that's the case, might as well get Joshua's first. Tried nightmare for a little bit. Wish there was a feature to fast forward or skip the dialogue. Carrying over everything! I have 341 BP so I know I missed something optional somewhere. I wonder how hard the bosses are, much later in the game. It's only 10 more damage for the ultimate weapons? Its not that much difference from their weapons in the final dungeon.
TheEnigma
The Beholder of Chaos
The Beholder of Chaos

Post by TheEnigma »

Yeah only one. But since you can carry over equipment on a new game +, you have another chance to get the second weapon. And you would be surprised how strong they actually are because in this game every number counts. Joshua for instance has a low defense compared to Estelle in the beginning making him more fragile. I looked at my stats and Josh's DEF was like 11 while Estelle's was 13, so as you can tell just a few points DO matter. And I havent played on Nightmare yet but I heard Chapter 3-Final Chapter bosses and certain enemies can be...how do you say...nightmareish XD
TheEnigma
The Beholder of Chaos
The Beholder of Chaos

Post by TheEnigma »

Yeah only one. But since you can carry over equipment on a new game +, you have another chance to get the second weapon. And you would be surprised how strong they actually are because in this game every number counts. Joshua for instance has a low defense compared to Estelle in the beginning making him more fragile. I looked at my stats and Josh's DEF was like 11 while Estelle's was 13, so as you can tell just a few points DO matter. And I havent played on Nightmare yet but I heard Chapter 3-Final Chapter bosses and certain enemies can be...how do you say...nightmareish XD
zerokoolpsx

Post by zerokoolpsx »

Alright, just found out that your save from FC carries over to SC. Now I have to get their ultimate weapons. Even on nightmare, it can't be that too hard since your level carries over too. Alright, gonna breeze through this as fast as I can. Wait, I still have saves from completing chapter 1, 2, and 3. I can just go back and from there. Need to check that I don't miss a few of those books.
TheEnigma
The Beholder of Chaos
The Beholder of Chaos

Post by TheEnigma »

I wish I made separtae save files. Would have helped when I missed that last volume. Oh well, first playthrough was just a my story run. Next 2 will be for a 100 % for a perfect SC file. And oh yeah when you transfer to SC with a perfect BP of 368 in FC, you get a special item in SC...all pending on WHEN SC gets released...
zerokoolpsx

Post by zerokoolpsx »

My earliest save is after beating Chapter 1 and I already missed Carnelia Chapter 4. Oh well, I'll start a new save since it isn't that far. Also found out that giving the correct responses on the selectable dialogue gives the most BP. I was picking a couple of the funny ones LOL. Gonna run as fast as possible through this one.
TheEnigma
The Beholder of Chaos
The Beholder of Chaos

Post by TheEnigma »

Just continue on with your current playthrough. Trust me. At first I was so wrapped up with trying to do a perfect run that I didn't enjoy the story as much but then I started a new save and this time just did stuff without a guide or anything and enjoyed it much more. Besides you get to carry over stuff like recipes, monster guide, levels, equipment, and certain items over in a new game plus. And just so you know, filling out the monster guide and getting max BP is impossible in one playthrough since they conflict with one another certain points in the story.