View PS2 game disc in PC/Mac

Video game discussion, encompassing all genres and platforms

Moderator: Moderators

cbjkelvin

View PS2 game disc in PC/Mac

Post by cbjkelvin »

Do you ever put PS2 game disc in your PC/Mac and see what contain inside?
Do you ever want to see what inside it?
Do you ever want to open the file inside?
And above all.........
Do you ever want to play the movie inside the game or maybe rip it?
How can do you it?
DotHack-Haseo

Good Question

Post by DotHack-Haseo »

Good Question.

I would also like to know how you can play PS2 games on my PC.

Sounds dumb of me to ask, but yes, I have tried and can't figure it out.

I have read that there is still no such thing as a PS2 Emulator that works like it should.

So just curious. How can you do it?

I guess I should know better than to ask huh?
TIB4M4N

Post by TIB4M4N »

I just tried that and nothing happened. idk if my PC just wont read it or if it cant be read on any Mac or PC. either way nothing happened.
Azure crow
The Grace of Life
The Grace of Life
Location: Somewhere in the ether, trapped between what is and what could be.

Post by Azure crow »

An emulator and DVD-R drive should do the trick.
As long as they are set up correctly.
And having a controller for the computer that is in PS2 fomat works well.
Anyway,like I said,you need a DVD-R drive to read the disk at all,and a PS2 emulator program should allow you to play it.
Without the emulator,you can only browse the disk,and look at files.

(On the .hack//G.U. disks you can actually find the high-def video files separat,in there own folder,and if you select it you can play them on windows media player,although there is no sound.You can also extract them this way,in ferfect condition and with perfect graphics,in .PSS format.))
Kryuzei
Location: The sixth dimension; those who alter the reality itself to make the world came true.

Post by Kryuzei »

Nothing. . It just contained with game data and there's no application at all :P
Well, that's what I got. . .
Azure crow
The Grace of Life
The Grace of Life

Post by Azure crow »

You would need the combination fo the two,the two being the emulator and the DVD-R drive.
The fact that you can read it means you have a DVD-R drive,but you need an emulator to play it via computer,
And I don't know if it would prompt it,but you usually need the navigate to the disk via the PS2 emulator to play,and the game itself has nothign that start it up.
Remember,when you put a disk in a PS2,the system reads the dormant data on the disk,it's not the disk that send the information.
The laser allows the PS2 to make the disk part of it's mechanism,and create temporary copies of the data as you play,and it constantly recreated those copies when ANYTHING happens.
The data on the disk never actually activates,or move.
mr.classybear

Post by mr.classybear »

how do i get songs from Reminisce to my computer? If i do that, will my CD explode? Or break?
Azure crow
The Grace of Life
The Grace of Life

Post by Azure crow »

I'm not sure how to do that myself.
But it's just data,and I've heard it has been done,so I doubt it would damage the disk.
cbjkelvin

Post by cbjkelvin »

So crow...... you did that? Like you have the emulator? And what is .PSS file format? Can i play in Mac?
After a little search..... i actually found a site where post some Utilities for PS2...... i would like to post it.....if anyone want it..... they even have Utilities for .hack..... but i don't know if it would work.......it for PC only.......
mr.classybear

Post by mr.classybear »

cbjkelvin wrote:So crow...... you did that? Like you have the emulator? And what is .PSS file format? Can i play in Mac?
After a little search..... i actually found a site where post some Utilities for PS2...... i would like to post it.....if anyone want it..... they even have Utilities for .hack..... but i don't know if it would work.......it for PC only.......
Who said that quote? I dont know what Utilities means, but does it mean that we can play the japanese version of vol 3 on the computer?
cbjkelvin

Post by cbjkelvin »

OKay........ i been try it..... it truly have a .PSS file in there.... but Window Media Player for Mac won't work....... but lucky me... VLC player do work...... yeah.... no sound...... but the problem..... how can i convert it to common video file?
cbjkelvin

Post by cbjkelvin »

mr.classybear wrote:
cbjkelvin wrote:So crow...... you did that? Like you have the emulator? And what is .PSS file format? Can i play in Mac?
Who said that quote? I dont know what Utilities means, but does it mean that we can play the japanese version of vol 3 on the computer?
Um.....sorry for double post.......Nah.... not like that....... if you want to play PS2 game in any PC you need emulator, and i found a Utilities that work for .hack which it use to copy the wallpaper inside the game........ here is the site.... i don't know if this is legal or not.... but i'll give out too......

http://www.zophar.net/utilities/ps2util.html

Please do tell if this work or not........ and if anyone has figure out something related on this please do tell....... i want to know if could rip the video from any square-enix game
mr.classybear

Post by mr.classybear »

I dont how to make it work!! Are there any instructions?
cbjkelvin

Post by cbjkelvin »

Like which one? I don't have a pc........ sorry can't help..... maybe you should go ask crow....... he seem to know this kind of thing a lot.....
Dualreact

Post by Dualreact »

i did, nothing too fancy to watch tho.
cbjkelvin

Post by cbjkelvin »

at least.... it a HR........ good for FMV.......
ReiMehari

Post by ReiMehari »

Azure crow wrote:An emulator and DVD-R drive should do the trick.
Anyway,like I said,you need a DVD-R drive to read the disk at all,and a PS2 emulator program should allow you to play it.

(On the .hack//G.U. disks you can actually find the high-def video files separat,in there own folder,and if you select it you can play them on windows media player,although there is no sound.You can also extract them this way,in ferfect condition and with perfect graphics,in .PSS format.))
Yup.
shinku

Post by shinku »

ReiMehari wrote:
Azure crow wrote:An emulator and DVD-R drive should do the trick.

Yup.
Hooray for emulators! xD I use a GBA one to waste time while things install, download, update, or I don’t want to do my school work… <.<
cbjkelvin

Post by cbjkelvin »

We have been solve the very secret of .hack......
But i wish to solve other than .hack game......
disappoint for being a mac user......
i guess no one being trying on this........