When did you discover this forum?

Discuss .hack items not covered on other forums

Moderator: Moderators

Vallen

Re: When did you discover this forum?

Post by Vallen »

Helbaworshipper wrote:Oh... now I'm going to feel REALLY old...

I discovered dothackers around the time .hack//SHATTERED was in the third installment or so. I'd been looking for .hack sites when I started to watch .hack//SIGN on Toonami in the afternoon. It went to midnight on Adult Swim pretty soon after that. I had to have my dad program the VCR so I could watch the episode the next day. During that time I saw an ad for the .hack//Infection game on television. I ended up saving my allowance to buy it.

As I said, SHATTERED was pretty strong and the community had a pretty active role playing section. I was in late middle school / high school at the time, since we were limited for computer time in general.

I started to join the community and enjoyed the rather active IRC chat at the time.

By the way... I was using dial up around the time I first visited the site.
Oh man, that's crazy. Yeah it's a depressing topic to count the years in retrospect.

Dial up was a thing, I used it quite a bit too haha. Hell, my grandmother in the countryside still uses it. She has the old desktop from the mid 90s with Windows 95 on it. Gotta love the static sound when you connect~
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Post by Helbaworshipper »

Vallen wrote:
Helbaworshipper wrote:Oh... now I'm going to feel REALLY old...

I discovered dothackers around the time .hack//SHATTERED was in the third installment or so. I'd been looking for .hack sites when I started to watch .hack//SIGN on Toonami in the afternoon. It went to midnight on Adult Swim pretty soon after that. I had to have my dad program the VCR so I could watch the episode the next day. During that time I saw an ad for the .hack//Infection game on television. I ended up saving my allowance to buy it.

As I said, SHATTERED was pretty strong and the community had a pretty active role playing section. I was in late middle school / high school at the time, since we were limited for computer time in general.

I started to join the community and enjoyed the rather active IRC chat at the time.

By the way... I was using dial up around the time I first visited the site.
Oh man, that's crazy. Yeah it's a depressing topic to count the years in retrospect.

Dial up was a thing, I used it quite a bit too haha. Hell, my grandmother in the countryside still uses it. She has the old desktop from the mid 90s with Windows 95 on it. Gotta love the static sound when you connect~
Our dial up was a pretty eh one... It was some local dial up company that worked when it wanted to.
d5t

Post by d5t »

I discovered the forum on August 9th of 2003. :lol:
I was at an internet cafe (remember those?) uploading the message board software and dothackers.net for the first time. They has blazing fast interenet and I had dial-up at home.
I was a sophomore in high school. Do the math - we're all old now!

And by some miracle this message board is still functional (mostly) even with over 10 years of software updates.
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Post by Helbaworshipper »

d5t wrote:I discovered the forum on August 9th of 2003. :lol:
I was at an internet cafe (remember those?) uploading the message board software and dothackers.net for the first time. They has blazing fast internet and I had dial-up at home.
I was a sophomore in high school. Do the math - we're all old now!

And by some miracle this message board is still functional (mostly) even with over 10 years of software updates.
Mostly functional is the word. With Japan Yay just continuously getting updates on new things from the wonderful country of origin. Glad to see that even the older members have a good sense of humor about the site.

That and the good times in an IRC chat room.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

I hope this forum never dies. It's probably the best archive of the .hack franchise on the internet. I still sometimes visit the threads from the mid 2000s and read what people posted about in those days :')
Quill

Post by Quill »

Year old thread I know but after getting Last Recode I though I'd visit this place again.

Can't remember exactly when I first found this site but according to my post history I joined in around 2005 (?).

Never really contributed much. I simply lurked in the "NEVER SAY" threads which, unless I'm mistaken, were one of the most active and popular threads back in the day.
Matroska

Post by Matroska »

I'm pretty sure I'd have been on this forum around when GU came out, maybe before. I can't remember for the life of me if I have an account from back then but it's quite likely. I'd sign up to a forum for whatever game I really got into back then. Eitherway, here I am again with a new account despite being in my 30s and being a fan of IMOQ back when it was new and graced the shelves of GAME over here in the UK.
Greyoutt

Post by Greyoutt »

Matroska wrote:I'm pretty sure I'd have been on this forum around when GU came out, maybe before. I can't remember for the life of me if I have an account from back then but it's quite likely.
Same here! This forum was how I even found out about G.U. coming out. Though I didn't make an account, just lurked. LR is what spurred me to finally make one.

Though I guess how I found this place was me catching Roots on Adult Swim (at 5AM) and being happily surprised a new .hack show was out. After that I started doing some internet searches and I found this place, then saw people talking about G.U. and well the rest is like I said.
zefgo

Post by zefgo »

I can't believe this site is still around. I even found some of my old posts, lol. Man, this bought back a lot of memories.