New World Vol. 1 - A CC2-developed RPG

Discuss .hack items not covered on other forums

Moderator: Moderators

Falions

New World Vol. 1 - A CC2-developed RPG

Post by Falions »

...on iOS.

http://gematsu.com/2015/09/bandai-namco ... martphones

It seems to take place within the lore of The World and has the .hack Conglomerate copyright on it, so...
Is this it? Is this what we've been waiting for the whole time? An iPhone game?

Re: New World Vol. 1 - A CC2-developed RPG

Post by Avatar_Crim »

i hope not. I don't have an iphone, nor to i have the intention of getting one.
Falions

Post by Falions »

Avatar_Crim wrote:i hope not. I don't have an iphone, nor to i have the intention of getting one.
It's coming to Android too.

After further research this seems to be part of "Project N.U.," so hopefully this is only the first entry into a larger new chapter of .hack.
I hope there is still a chance that we'll see .hack on PS4.
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

I hope this is one of those "pay once, play free forever games", they tend to be okay.
Dasha

Post by Dasha »

To me, it's still .hack, just with a new name.

I mean:
- New World... The World
- ".hack//Conglomerate" in the trailer
- That guy in black is doing some sort of Data Drain?
- "Mak Anu"... Mac Anu
- A mysterious girl, just like Aura in the past games
- A special power inside the main character...

Yeah, still .hack.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

@.@ Definitely .hack indeed,hopefully this gets a console port.

Wonder what else is part of project N.U.~

http://www.cc2.co.jp/guiltyDragon/?p=1152
http://www.cc2.co.jp/newworld/
Dasha

Post by Dasha »

Lol, that sentence in the Guilty Dragon site
"Welcome to the NEW WORLD..."

Ovan, is that you? :P
Adhemas

Post by Adhemas »

Seems like a new bigger project so the phone game is probably only the first one. It looks pretty good and the OST seems to have G.U. quality, it's just problematic for non-Japanese since phone games are usually not translated unless they're some really big thing. Guess I'll just follow the spoilers in the worst case.
I wonder what's up with this Megiddo and destroyed world stuff. What happened after Quantum/Thanatos? I'm kinda interested in this "New World" now. Also, Aura(?)

The video also shows a green-haired woman with a similar kind of halo although I doubt this one to be her. Maybe the green one is related to Skeith or something completely new (or just a design without meaning). Depending on how much NW has to do with the old World in the first place.
Dasha

Post by Dasha »

The girl with green hair is propably Skeith...? The thing on her head is similar, she also has a scythe... If that's the case, that's a nice new design for The Terror of Death!

Anyway, lots of people on sites such as Siliconera and Gematsu seems to be extremely confused. They're saying things like "Oh, well, .hack is dead. :(", it's not...? It's still clearly .hack with a new name, etc.
Last edited by Dasha on Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adhemas

Post by Adhemas »

It's most likely some new .hack with a bunch of changes and new stuff that sets it apart from the old ones. I hope it will be successful, the VR/RL duality is more popular nowadays as it was back then when the old .hack series were released.
Dasha

Post by Dasha »

The way I see it, it's still .hack, set in the same real world and everything, but many years after the last The World.

I can't play it on Android sadly, but I'm extremely glad we're getting a new .hack Project. Plus, if it's a big Project of theirs, I'm sure we'll see a game on consoles eventually.
Adhemas

Post by Adhemas »

Same here, I am not a phone user. But at least we're getting something.
Now that you mention it - I haven't even thought about the time the new setting takes place in. It could be 2100 or something. This would change things greatly. I kinda they'll integrate enough real life stuff into the story as well. But right now we can only wait for more infos.
I hope we'll get clear character designs soon, I love Sadamoto.
Dasha

Post by Dasha »

They're even using the big red monster from the G.U. games in this one. The girl with the big hat somehow looks like Asta to me. I know it's not her, maybe just a similar design.

Remember this from 2011?

And now from the New World trailer.

It can only be Aura, right?

k-su

Post by k-su »

It's nice to wake up in the morning and see something new .hack-related to talk about, though it did sort of go over my head at first. I'm excited, but at the same time a little disappointed with it being another mobile game, just a little. It's funny to see how many people are overlooking the larger project aspect of the announcement in favor of bashing CC2 over it like what was stated earlier. I figured it might have something to do with their 3 console game projects, so a console game isn't out of the question (personally, I'd like to see something on the vita since it's the only console I currently own).
Adhemas

Post by Adhemas »

Holy damn, I totally forgot about those pics from 2011. We were speculating about them but nothing ever happened so I just considered them as some dropped project or something. And that Aura is quite creepy, she looks like a Wandering A.I. with those tattered clothes.
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

"support spinoff on platform you dislike to support the series"
"said spinoff gets support"
"oh ya liked it? heres more spinoff on platform ya dislike!"

C'mon CC2 that tactic is SO last-gen (remember when so many console series were going handheld? yes yes ya do because .hack//Link)!

Square/Capcom/Sega/etc. "TEST" passed.
Dasha

Post by Dasha »

I've a theory.

Maybe this "New World" is like a Beta, like Fragment (the Prototype of The World)? This game could establish a new setting in the .hack universe, and then have a console game?
d5t

Post by d5t »

Falions wrote:
Avatar_Crim wrote:i hope not. I don't have an iphone, nor to i have the intention of getting one.
It's coming to Android too.

After further research this seems to be part of "Project N.U.," so hopefully this is only the first entry into a larger new chapter of .hack.
I hope there is still a chance that we'll see .hack on PS4.
That's my thought as well. I don't recall Guilty Dragon being under a fancy project name. We could interpret that anime, console games, and manga may be on its way if CC2 is trying to recapture what they did with the original .hack project and GU. Now wouldn't that be something. Commence wild speculation!
k-su

Post by k-su »

In CC2's defense, Bandai Namco probably is pulling some of the strings here. The fact they're giving .hack another go as a large project is a major thing, but they may want to ease into it rather than throwing all their money at something right away they may not view as "a sure thing". They are a business after all. That may not be the case at all, but publishers do have some sway over projects, don't they?
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

Dasha wrote:I've a theory.

Maybe this "New World" is like a Beta, like Fragment (the Prototype of The World)? This game could establish a new setting in the .hack universe, and then have a console game?
Could be but this being called specifically prolly means all volumes'll be on mobile. This dun mean we can't get another part of the story on console but there's no way its Vol.1 on mobile Vol.2 on console, etc. We'll still be missing out in some form.
d5t wrote:That's my thought as well. I don't recall Guilty Dragon being under a fancy project name. We could interpret that anime, console games, and manga may be on its way if CC2 is trying to recapture what they did with the original .hack project and GU. Now wouldn't that be something. Commence wild speculation!
Ya it was just "a dothack concept" right? A "project" is much more serious business!