New World Vol. 1 - A CC2-developed RPG

Discuss .hack items not covered on other forums

Moderator: Moderators

Dasha

Re: New World Vol. 1 - A CC2-developed RPG

Post by Dasha »

Was hoping for more, but hey.

Twin swords? I guess that's the new equivalent of the Twin Blade class since they were daggers before.
MizuTakishima

Post by MizuTakishima »

whoa what the heck. I had no idea they were even talking about anything Project N.U. related! All I heard was stuff about crossovers and maybe Sakura Wars?

I guess that's what happens when I don't speak the language, haha..
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

Wow their first three guys may have flopped, but they had a secret Taiko ringer saved for last!

Is it just me or do those prompts fly by really-really fast @_@?
MizuTakishima

Post by MizuTakishima »

Falions wrote:EDIT: interesting that I didn't hear ".hack" spoken even once, despite the Chim Chim being there.
Me neither, that's why I was sorta tabbed out at the time. Sadly I missed the Chim Chim!

Though it should be noted that there's a Chim Chim in the twitter avatar for the official New World/Project N.U. thing: https://twitter.com/NEWWORLD_info
Dasha

Post by Dasha »

Like, come on, THIS IS .hack, why they doesn't want to say it, lol.

I wanted to know if it's a continuity or some sort of reboot, but I'll have to wait it seems.
Falions

Post by Falions »

I just want some solid information. I hate the constant edge of worrying about N.U.
Please, Matsuyama, just tell us that .hack is coming to PS4.
Dasha

Post by Dasha »

It will come to PS4, once we're getting the fourth Volume of New World...
MizuTakishima

Post by MizuTakishima »

Dasha wrote:It will come to PS4, once we're getting the fourth Volume of New World...
is that confirmed or just speculation at this point?
Dasha

Post by Dasha »

Oops, sorry, I was just trying to be sarcastic. >w<

But yeah, hopefully they'll confirm .hack on PS4 later. So. Much. Potential. for this new Project to be only on Android.
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

Dasha wrote:But yeah, hopefully they'll confirm .hack on PS4 later. So. Much. Potential. for this new Project to be only on Android.
.hack//Versus 2.0

Versus: New World

True brave user-created-character at twilight
MizuTakishima

Post by MizuTakishima »

Dasha wrote:Oops, sorry, I was just trying to be sarcastic. >w<

But yeah, hopefully they'll confirm .hack on PS4 later. So. Much. Potential. for this new Project to be only on Android.
It's okay! Normally I would have picked up on the sarcasm, but I'm just so...so desperate for info! :lol:

But yeah, if they don't try anything .hack with Playstation VR (which is..I guess the official name for Project Morpheus, now) it would sorta feel like a missed opportunity.
Falions

Post by Falions »

MizuTakishima wrote:

It's okay! Normally I would have picked up on the sarcasm, but I'm just so...so desperate for info! :lol:

But yeah, if they don't try anything .hack with Playstation VR (which is..I guess the official name for Project Morpheus, now) it would sorta feel like a missed opportunity.
Well, one of CC2's new projects is focused on VR. We can only hope.
Dasha

Post by Dasha »

I actually wouldn't mind a new Versus game, still salty that the first one wasn't a full game with lots of characters ala Naruto: UNS. :P

Also IMOQ and G.U. Remakes, but it's never happening.

Maybeee the next .hack on PS4 will use the PlayStation VR, that'd be nice.
MizuTakishima

Post by MizuTakishima »

Falions wrote:
MizuTakishima wrote:

if it isn't .hack related, maybe it'll be something else that they can practice with? I dunno if the first few VR games available to regular ol' consumers are super amazing or not...but I never really experienced VR (except maybe once at an art museum, before oculous and before the big VR boom that we're seeing now) so idk, maybe the first mainstream game really will be amazing!
Falions

Post by Falions »

MizuTakishima wrote:
Falions wrote:
MizuTakishima wrote:

if it isn't .hack related, maybe it'll be something else that they can practice with? I dunno if the first few VR games available to regular ol' consumers are super amazing or not...but I never really experienced VR (except maybe once at an art museum, before oculous and before the big VR boom that we're seeing now) so idk, maybe the first mainstream game really will be amazing!
This seems plausible too. Atlus did the same thing with Catherine, basically using it as a tech demo for PS3 hardware to use for Persona 5.
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

MizuTakishima wrote:if it isn't .hack related, maybe it'll be something else that they can practice with? I dunno if the first few VR games available to regular ol' consumers are super amazing or not...but I never really experienced VR (except maybe once at an art museum, before oculous and before the big VR boom that we're seeing now) so idk, maybe the first mainstream game really will be amazing!
This reminds me: whatever happened to the 3D boom?
Falions wrote:This seems plausible too. Atlus did the same thing with Catherine, basically using it as a tech demo for PS3 hardware to use for Persona 5.
Catherine: 2011
Persona 5: 2016 (maybic)

CC2 works quicker than Atlus right?
Erroneous
Complaint Department
Complaint Department

Post by Erroneous »

For those that were unable to watch it live, I did a little recording of the event and uploaded most of it to my channel.

https://youtu.be/ib6idiRAY18

Dasha

Post by Dasha »

Thank you, Erroneous. :)

Is there anything new to see in that video, like new sketches, etc.? I don't want to see 50 minutes of it if it's mostly talk since I can't understand the language. >_>
MizuTakishima

Post by MizuTakishima »

Lindz wrote:This reminds me: whatever happened to the 3D boom?
I'm not really sure, but I can try to speculate.In terms of 3D in cinema, I think people just got tired of it. After seeing so many movies in 3D, it becomes very apparent which scenes were sorta "meant" to "jump out at you", and while it does make for a good spectacle, having to wear 3D glasses (if you already wear glasses, like me) is sorta a pain in the butt. I know my glasses kept sliding down and off of my face. :(

In terms for 3D home entertainment, you run into similar issues. You have to wear 3D glasses, and in order for them to even work, you have to be sitting in just the right position. Again, it's just kind of a hassle.

As for games, the only 3D stuff I'm familiar with is the Nintendo 3DS. Awesomely enough their 3D screens don't even need glasses to work, but just like with the 3D TV, you have to keep the 3DS position in just the right spot at all times or it doesn't work. (and usually I'm just playing Pokemon or Animal Crossing New Leaf, so I rarely have mine turned on) I hear that the New 3DS has a wider range so you don't have to struggle as much with it, but I still don't know of that many people who use the 3D feature all of the time.

I hate to say it but 3D may have just been a trend. Some people worry that VR is also going to be a trend, but I don't know. I feel like there's a bit more substance to it, if that makes sense. Anyway I better stop, I'm getting super off topic ^^'
Erroneous wrote:For those that were unable to watch it live, I did a little recording of the event and uploaded most of it to my channel.
Thank you! Somehow I missed it even though I was awake for it haha. Maybe there'll be a translation soon? Though idk if there's really anything new in there that hasn't been discussed in this thread already.
Dasha

Post by Dasha »

Dengeki Article., if there's anything new to translate.