Re: New World Vol. 1 - A CC2-developed RPG

Post by N3IWVC »

Another Screenshot:
And the source if anyone wants to follow:
https://twitter.com/NEWWORLD_info?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
MizuTakishima

Post by MizuTakishima »

This just showed up in my subscription feed!
Dasha

Post by Dasha »

It's nice to see it in action. It's nothing special to be honest, but looks nice nonetheless.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Reminds me of Final Fantasy 10, the way your party is lined up during battle and all. So I guess this is the first .hack game to use turn based rpg mechanics huh..
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

Technically I think .hack// Mobile used a turn based system as well... but point taken, it is interesting all the same.
k-su

Post by k-su »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGHhFf9D4zw
New footage on Bandai Namco JP channel.
Dasha

Post by Dasha »

Who's this girl exactly? She seems kinda important, she's everywhere.

Vallen

Post by Vallen »

k-su wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGHhFf9D4zw
New footage on Bandai Namco JP channel.
Ahh it looks pretty nice! It actually kills me inside even more knowing this could have been a sweet vita game :roll:
Dasha wrote:Who's this girl exactly? She seems kinda important, she's everywhere.
My guess is that she is a team member, a la Khun/Pi/Elk etc
Alkaid98

Post by Alkaid98 »

Well, it doesn't look too bad. However, even if the game turns out to make good business from them, I'm not sure how much good it'll do us for getting new, full games out of them. If it fails, that's more reason to shelve the series, and if it succeeds they may just stick with light mobile games..

Either way, at least it's nice to see some life in the series.

Honestly the appearance of Haseo in the upcoming Project X Zone 2 game for 3DS gives me a bit more hope for the series' continuation than this game, since they actually bothered to put him in the roster even when you'd think most people wouldn't know who he is.

I do like the new girl character in that picture, she looks surprisingly good.(compared to what kind of design I expected for a mobile game) Certainly on the fanservice-y side too.
Dasha

Post by Dasha »

She looks great, I like the design and her color scheme. Badass sword and dem heels.
Oxidizer

Post by Oxidizer »

Eh, it's okay I suppose. Nothing spectacular. I have to say, I like turn-based systems in other games, but here it just doesn't seem to interest me. :/
Alkaid98 wrote:Honestly the appearance of Haseo in the upcoming Project X Zone 2 game for 3DS gives me a bit more hope for the series' continuation than this game, since they actually bothered to put him in the roster even when you'd think most people wouldn't know who he is.
This.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Alkaid98 wrote:Well, it doesn't look too bad. However, even if the game turns out to make good business from them, I'm not sure how much good it'll do us for getting new, full games out of them. If it fails, that's more reason to shelve the series, and if it succeeds they may just stick with light mobile games..
Game does well --> mobile becomes the .hack future
Game does bad --> the .hack franchise is canned

We lose either way it seems..
Honestly the appearance of Haseo in the upcoming Project X Zone 2 game for 3DS gives me a bit more hope for the series' continuation than this game, since they actually bothered to put him in the roster even when you'd think most people wouldn't know who he is.
Project X Zone had a bunch of old characters from really old franchises (for instance, Darkstalkers etc). Them appearing in PXZ did not really lead to any new games in those series. So the appearance of Haseo really doesn't do much for me in terms of hope for future games.
Smiling kindly

Post by Smiling kindly »

Game does well --> mobile becomes the .hack future
Game does bad --> the .hack franchise is canned

We lose either way it seems..
I think that so long as they try to show people that .hack existed it is a step in a good direction. I don't know if it will lead to getting a new .hack game on the ps4 or anything like that any time soon; but if they are able to attract enough attention to it then they may be able to do other things with the series. Who knows, maybe if they get enough recognition they could get the older games on PSN. So as long as they try to show that .hack existed once I'm happy.
Falions

Post by Falions »

Vallen wrote: So the appearance of Haseo really doesn't do much for me in terms of hope for future games.
This. Kite and BlackRose appeared in the original PXZ back in 2013. Have we heard any news from CC2 between then and the inclusion of Haseo in PXZ2?

That aside...
New World looks super disappointing. The animations look clunky, the character designs are abysmal (I thought Sadamoto was working on this?) and the only redeeming thing is the music, which is still fundamentally .hack-y.
I just want to see what Project N.U. has in store for after this.
MizuTakishima

Post by MizuTakishima »

Dasha wrote:Who's this girl exactly? She seems kinda important, she's everywhere.

I don't know why but this design looks super boring to me D: Her sword is kinda cool though I guess.

The mobile game seems to have some slight VR elements to it, though it might be just one of those 360 view things.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

She looks like a more boring version of Pi
Dasha

Post by Dasha »

She looks like that girl that will come across as annoying first, saying "B-BAKA!!" every two sentences and then will develops as the story move on to be a more honest, likeable girl.

I know, like in every JRPGs basically, lol.
Dasha

Post by Dasha »

Dengeki Article.
Can someone translate the name of the characters, and also the rest (if there's anything new)?

Gorgeous. She really is a new personification of Skeith.

Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Beautiful!! :heart:
I wonder if every avatar will be a human persona in this game? Either way, the art is awesome!
(they also posted some concept art for dungeons, the crystal cave and grassy fields are definitely iconic for .hack fans, but they look fresh enough so that's good)
Smiling kindly

Post by Smiling kindly »

She really dose look like skeith, I wonder if that is going to lead into anything.