Possible .hack//G.U. remake?

Discuss .hack items not covered on other forums

Moderator: Moderators

SSJScygoku

Possible .hack//G.U. remake?

Post by SSJScygoku »

@.@ this was posted but not sure on its validity,they mention Hiroshi's twitter but no clue on the accuracy of the translation http://nichegamer.com/2015/05/cyberconn ... f-hackg-u/

Would be amazing if its true,though at best is just vague hinting and we are waiting for confirmation. @.@ I'd like it if they added Blackrose this time around assuming happens ^_^

Re: Possible .hack//G.U. remake?

Post by Avatar_Crim »

This would be cool if true, and I would buy it instantly.
MizuTakishima

Post by MizuTakishima »

Apparently it's legit! (Well, kind of?) There's an ANN article that talks about it a bit more: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-b ... ack/.88310

Basically, CC2 knows that people want something .hack related. Whether it's an HD release, or a remake, or a new game all together...they know that fans are interested in something like that! :) They're basically telling us to keep rooting for them I guess?? (So I guess we should all stay vocal about it and not lose hope??)
Dekaid

Post by Dekaid »

Isn't that what they've said for quite a while now? This doesn't seem like something new to me...
Bullet Biter

Post by Bullet Biter »

Dekaid wrote:Isn't that what they've said for quite a while now? This doesn't seem like something new to me...
It seems to stick out more now since Piroshi is celebrating the 10th anniversary of GU being announced at E3 along with the Guilty Dragon GU event it's odd since I don't recall him giving IMOQ this kind of celebration back in 2012 for its 10th anniversary. (I recall they just called it .hack's anniversary, not specifying IMOQ)

So who knows.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Jesus, this happens every three months. He's said literally the same thing about listening to fans' requests for HD/sequels/new work for years now, and every time it's seriously misconstrued as the announcement he was hinting at last time he said this. This is just his way of letting us know they haven't forgotten about .hack without actually making any sort of specific announcement. This isn't new. Before G.U. was announced he also made vague assurances and insinuations that .hack wasn't going anywhere. They closed the official .hack website with one of those messages, and translating that properly was my first contribution to this site. This has been a much longer period of time, hence more assurances. It's also worth noting that even he doesn't know or fully control when it's announced. He might think it's about to be announced, but he also said it would be announced last year. So it's not worth getting worked up over, when it's literally the same thing he's been saying for years now. The Famitsu article, wanted ad, and even the announcement at the event last August brought something new to the table, but there's no difference between this and what he said in 2013. And there was clearly no special meaning to the timing then. He could have made this post or not, and the official announcement could be around the corner or not, but the two things don't have any real relationship with each other.

And just because HD was the easiest word for the translator to read doesn't mean that an HD remake is what this is, based on other information released it's more likely a new large-scale work. Especially since they have spoken in the webcast about "this is what the story would be if it were to continue" and the last entry was a literal cliffhanger.

But the complete uselessness of this tweet aside, we can analyze other facts we do know. The bigger of the games they're teasing sounds epic in scale, and definitely the sort of thing they'd want to announce on an international stage if possible. They're also 5 months overdue on announcing this .hack thing. So E3 does sound quite plausible. For a while the LieN concert was their focus, but now that it's behind them I'm hopeful to see something at E3 or TGS.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

The siliconera article on this says that Hiroshi simply made a few twitter posts celebrating GU's 10th anniversary since it appeared at E3 2005. He then said that the series is still strong with loyal fans. And he mentions CC2 is aware of the fan demand for a new game or an HD port etc.

I am not sure if this confirms a new game, to me it just seems like he is acknowledging that the fans are heard and they're aware of what we want. Let's hope for the best. (since it is GU's 10th, why not put Haseo as a guest character into Storm 4?)
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/05/18/ha ... -new-game/
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

I will say it says a lot for the potential success of a future game that gaming news sites freak out whenever he makes a tweet with ".hack" in it. Sounds like it's more relevant now than I thought...
Dasha

Post by Dasha »

Well, Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 will be released in the Fall of 2015, right? If so, then I can't see a new .hack game being revealed at E3 nor TGS, sadly. They're putting a lot of focus into that (last?) Naruto game. I personally think we'll hear about it next year... Besides, we know they're working on three new next generation titles, one of them has to be .hack without a doubt. Though, I want the three of them to be .hack-related. Let me be delusional.
Oxidizer

Post by Oxidizer »

I would love a remake in particular, but I'm skeptical as hell nowadays so unless there's rock-solid evidence about new .hack... something, chances are I'm not gonna buy it, no pun intended. :/
MizuTakishima

Post by MizuTakishima »

Since we're basically just doing wild mass speculating in this thread; I'll post what I think they should do in terms of the previous games and new stuff.

1. It'd be cool to see a straight up remake of the IMOQ games. They don't have to deviate from the story too much, I just think updated visuals and sleeker gameplay would be pretty cool to see. (I'd still want it to have that "anime" look, but early PS2 graphics haven't really aged all that well...G.U is also on the PS2 but it looks so much better by comparison..!) I know the original IMOQ games had a lot of "padding" in them, (omg, dungeon crawls...so many dungeon crawls..!!) so it would be kind of cool if they cut the fat so to speak.

2. HD release of G.U. on PSN. Most people want this as far as I know!

3. Something new with .hack! Sorry for being captain obvious, but if they did do a new story with .hack I'm willing to bet it would stick pretty close to the timeline from .hack//The Movie. Or at least take place around that point in the future with that "new" version of The World.

4. Or maybe release Link stateside? idk~
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Kuukai wrote:I will say it says a lot for the potential success of a future game that gaming news sites freak out whenever he makes a tweet with ".hack" in it. Sounds like it's more relevant now than I thought...
^_^ heck yeah having such a surge in interest whenever .hack is even mentioned is a good thing indeed,especially with how long its been.
MizuTakishima wrote: 2. HD release of G.U. on PSN. Most people want this as far as I know!

4. Or maybe release Link stateside? idk~
A HD remake for PS3/PS4 would be ideal for fans outside of Japan, even though importing was possible with the .hack//G.U. games they were still pricy not to mention you needed to cover the cost of an U.S. PS2 due to region locking. But if they made them for the latest consoles which are region free then that solves the issue of importing the console (unless you use magic swap or its ilk) and I'd wager the prices were be more reasonable @.@

Wow knows,maybe Gaijinworks would pick it up xD
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

In two weeks we'll know if this was announced. Some thoughts in the meantime:
-CC2 used to be a lot better about hyping us up with a countdown teaser site or something. When was the last time they did that?
-Matsuyama will probably be there either way since he likes to attend these things.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Kuukai wrote:-CC2 used to be a lot better about hyping us up with a countdown teaser site or something. When was the last time they did that?
-Matsuyama will probably be there either way since he likes to attend these things.
Like what they did for .hack//G.U. and .hack//Versus,maybe they are worried about leaks since it tends to happen fairly often?

Wonder if he'll be cosplaying Naruto again @.@
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Guys, I just figured it out!!

He mentioned at the event last summer it would be announced around the end of the year.

But he didn't say which year!
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Kuukai wrote:But he didn't say which year!
You are right about that, hoping its this year at the Tokyo Game Show as thats close to the year's end @.@
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

Well its not gonna be this year cause the internet says CC2 is doing the FFVII remake lol. Or... could they do both?!
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Well I kinda hoped this would be at E3 just like GU was 10 years ago...guess not. A little bit disappointed (I guess I got too hopeful)
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Lindz wrote:Well its not gonna be this year cause the internet says CC2 is doing the FFVII remake lol. Or... could they do both?!
Wasn't that just the G-bike game? This trailer looks like a Square Enix project unless I missed something.
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

Kuukai wrote:
Lindz wrote:Well its not gonna be this year cause the internet says CC2 is doing the FFVII remake lol. Or... could they do both?!
Wasn't that just the G-bike game? This trailer looks like a Square Enix project unless I missed something.
Well its all but confirmed at this point but looking back...

http://kotaku.com/final-fantasy-vii-bik ... 1589803588
Asked a follow-up on the possibility of a modern remake of Final Fantasy VII, Kitase laughed, "Who knows? Mr. Matsuyama [of Cyber Connect 2] is making the foundation, and after the path has been paved, we might think about making it... At least that's what could happen. In terms of the quality level and consumer response, it may all depend on [G-Bike]. We're looking forward to the results."
If CC2 is laying the foundation...

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/07/08/ ... ii-remake/
The .Hacks came out of the minds of teams at CyberConnect2. However, if I have to work on another project I’d like to work on a possible remake of Final Fantasy 7.
Soooo....

- UE4
- RPG
- Large scale development
- Developed for a worldwide audience
- Photorealistic
- Physical based rendering
Instead of .hack, couldn't this instead (or also) be FFVII-R?