What new .hack media would you like to see?

Discuss .hack items not covered on other forums

Moderator: Moderators

Vallen

What new .hack media would you like to see?

Post by Vallen »

If a new installment in the ever forgotten .hack series would happen, what would you personally like to see? For example:

1) A full remake? Like a ps4 remake of the original 4 games built from the ground up (eg. HG/SS, OR/AS)

2) An HD port? For instance the G.U. trilogy on the ps3/ps4 remastered in HD (eg. FFX X-2 HD)

3) A sequel to //Versus? .hack//versus II with more characters and more online features (Think Naruto Storm Generations. A game with basically no story, simply built for fighting with your favorite characters)

4) A new .hack project? Simply a continuation of the story with a brand new cast and a newer version of theWORLD

5) Or a new anime project? Quantum was great but too short. So maybe a proper .hack 13/26 episode anime series

I personally would take any of these options haha. At this point I'm craving a new .hack//ANYTHING -- but I guess out of the 5 I'd like #4 the most. Drop down your thoughts (and they don't need to be confined to the 5 options I made if you don't want to)
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Re: What new .hack media would you like to see?

Post by TheSorrow »

A new .Hack game that takes place in The World FORCE:ERA, with a brand new cast that continues the story (and hopefully links it to Guilty Dragon and stuff), in an open world multiplayer setting. If .Hack ever continues again, THAT'S what they should do.
And if they have no intention, or resources to continue with the story at all, then a HD remaster of the 7 games (4 in 1, then the other 3 in another) would be amazing enough.

A full remake wouldn't be worth it because, if they have the means of working on such a project, then it would be WAY better to just make the next .Hack game. Another Versus-like game would be pointless and redundant, likewise with another anime/movie/etc, or even another mobile/social/whatever game that doesn't really connect to anything and features .Hack-ish faces to keep us entertained D:
Haseo_Dude

Post by Haseo_Dude »

I would love to have a new game. (But I don't have a ps4 :( ) I think it should be a new game with a new cast and own personal goal, like haseo reviving shino from GU.
I know this might be a fail....buuuuut

What if we are waiting for a new game with offline and online mode like fragment to the new popular online gaming consols; xbox1 and ps4. This MAY lead back to guilty dragon, for Sorrow's own sake. :)
Lindz

Post by Lindz »

Still pining for a Unison/Returner for Season 3! I'm in no rush ta get to the end but an OVA of this nature'd be really cool an maybe finally bring back AIKA. Plus it could have everyone meeting in the real world cause unlike previous sagas, we've seen pretty much everyones real life body. Tokio, Saika, the Schicksal crew, Sakuya, Mary, Tobias, Sora, Baldur, Gondo, it'd be pretty nifty!
Chaos_Gate

Post by Chaos_Gate »

That is a difficult question to answer because I would very much like to see any thing new come out for .hack. But I suppose what would really make me excited would be another anime (26 episode) with a story that shares the same mystery and drama that .Hack Sign introduced. Roots was great but it wasn't as intense.

Something I've always been curious to see would be an anime of the story that transpires in .Hack//Zero. The one with Carl and the data drained Sora.
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

A release of the games in HD or a reboot somehow
Helbaworshipper
The Golden Fleece
The Golden Fleece

Post by Helbaworshipper »

Chaos_Gate wrote:That is a difficult question to answer because I would very much like to see any thing new come out for .hack. But I suppose what would really make me excited would be another anime (26 episode) with a story that shares the same mystery and drama that .Hack Sign introduced. Roots was great but it wasn't as intense.

Something I've always been curious to see would be an anime of the story that transpires in .Hack//Zero. The one with Carl and the data drained Sora.
If I remember correctly, except for LINK, Zero went on hiatus and never finished.
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/11/12/cy ... g-awesome/

Oh how exciting!

Lets cross out fingers for finally a new .Hack game!

As I said before, I'd LOVE a HD collect of either IMOQ or //G.U.

But really, I'd love anything with .Hack just as long as it comes to America.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

The twitter picture doesn't seem to want to show up for me for some reason. HOWEVER I AM CROSSING EVERY PART OF MY BODY FOR THIS TO BE A NEW .hack GAME!! I will cry if this is another naruto game....omg pls no
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Siliconera isn't very neutral in their reporting. It would be awesome if this is .hack, but with this and past articles they've inflated the probability a little. Still, I hope it's .hack.
Helbaworshipper wrote:If I remember correctly, except for LINK, Zero went on hiatus and never finished.
That's correct.
JinnoftheDesert

Post by JinnoftheDesert »

ide love the older games to be all remade and have link released in the us. ide also like to see vs in the us and then have a new game series come out or possibly an actual mmorpg based on .hack. ide prefer if the mmorpg was playable on the ps4.