What is your Rarest .hack// collectable?

Discuss .hack items not covered on other forums

Moderator: Moderators

Falions

Re: What is your Rarest .hack// collectable?

Post by Falions »

SSJScygoku wrote:
Falions wrote:I arrived in the afternoon on the 6th, and I am here till the 18th. I'm staying by myself in a studio apartment in Shinjuku. I'm sure the food money will turn into spending money, as I have an aunt arriving on her own separate trip in a week and I'm sure I'll be taken out for dinner a few times :lol:

I searched through every floor of the store, but it was only in that nook they had CC2 items. I do plan to go back to Akiba though, so I'll try and snap another pic for you. Most stores in Japan are anal about photography (which is expected) but I've been a bit sneaky.
^.^ so a fair amount of time in Japan then, shame if you were staying with people you could have cut the cost of the apartment. :P An excellent plan to pick up more merch, use all the money you can for spending even if you need to live on cups of ramen~

Thats a shame, thought they might've had more stock elsewhere ^^' Not sure if they still have the promotion on that if you spend so much you will get 3 pins,one of them has Kite on it unless they sold out. So you are taking photos like a ninja,not sure why its an issue. My friend who was there before got funny looks when taking photos in the store ^^'
When I took a picture in the first store I went into, Volks, I was immediately told no photos were allowed. Most (if not all) stores are like this.
Also, the apartment is cheaper because I am by myself! It's with AirBNB, so it's actually pretty cheap. $57 a night!
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Falions wrote:When I took a picture in the first store I went into, Volks, I was immediately told no photos were allowed. Most (if not all) stores are like this. Also, the apartment is cheaper because I am by myself! It's with AirBNB, so it's actually pretty cheap. $57 a night!
^^' that sucks, my friend had been living in Japan awhile and either she knew or just ignored them since the shop was getting a sale lol

?_? how does that work, maybe they expect less mess/food to be ate (for breakfast) so it costs less? And an amazing price :D
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Hotels in Japan are much cheaper compared to the US and UK, and they often charge per person. This means AirBNBs are insanely cheaper, and sometimes charge per person.
Falions

Post by Falions »

SSJScygoku wrote:
Falions wrote:When I took a picture in the first store I went into, Volks, I was immediately told no photos were allowed. Most (if not all) stores are like this. Also, the apartment is cheaper because I am by myself! It's with AirBNB, so it's actually pretty cheap. $57 a night!
^^' that sucks, my friend had been living in Japan awhile and either she knew or just ignored them since the shop was getting a sale lol

?_? how does that work, maybe they expect less mess/food to be ate (for breakfast) so it costs less? And an amazing price :D
Kuukai is correct; while I don't get benefits like a free breakfast or a pool or what have you (though there are more costlier AirBNBs that do have these) I can at least have a place to sleep that's in a good spot for, much much cheaper. Where I'm staying is a 5 minute walk from Shinjuku station. To put into perspective: the hotel where my aunt is staying which is also more or less 5 minutes from Shinjuku Station, the Keio Plaza Hotel, costs nearly $200 a night. Not bad when compared to other places (especially considering it is a pretty high-end hotel), but to think while she pays over $1000 for 6 days here and I paid $800 (cleaning fees + service charge) for 12, it's an unbelievable deal.

Not to mention that staying in apartment feels a bit more authentic. :lol: Also, my place is equipped with 80mbps wi-fi, an iron, a fridge, a sink, a microwave, and a full kitchen, so I have more utilities than a hotel would ever provide!

Anyway, today I made a second trip to Akiba and took those pictures I promised:
ImageImage
Sorry for not taking pictures of the PUCHI, but I checked and they only had 03 and onward. I might buy a couple of the Guilty Dragon visual works since they are only about 1500 yen. And it looks like I purchased the last copy of their Versus + Movie archive! They restocked on Link but not that one.

The only one I don't own is 01, which they did have there, but I might withhold on getting it... I only have so much space in my suitcase and I've already bought quite a few model kits that I know I'm going to struggle fitting. That, and I already own the G.U. one, and I wasn't really a fan of Trilogy anyway. While I do have a collector's itch, at the same time I would like to spend my money on things I am more desperate to own... like all these overpriced miniature ships from Legend of the Galactic Heroes I found in someone's rental case in the basement of Volks:
I own the Brunhild displayed there, which my girlfriend bought for me as a small gift last year for only $10, and I've seen the whole set online for about 7000 yen, so I know for certain they're not worth that much. Still, knowing that I could buy them then and there and instantly have them in my hands is so tempting, but still. I'm not prepared to spend $40 on a ship that's barely as long as my index finger. :cry:

If you're interested, I've been posting day-to-day updates about my trip on my Tumblr, which can be found in my signature.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Falions wrote:Kuukai is correct;
:D Most of the time he is,then again he is the resident Wiseman~

But yeah that puts it into perspective, you pay less but get to stay twice as long (not to mention the close proximity to the station) with all the utilities that some places don't bother providing ^^' I'm sure you could pick up something to whip up for breakfast rather than forking so much each day from the BNB @.@

^.^ Thanks for the photos~ A shame they didn't have 01 although they may restock at some point,I hope ^^' You should pick up what you can but remember solong as its an artbook like Archives or Visual Works you should beable to order via amazon.jp so less to carry in your suitcase.

Hope you can manage to place everything you've bought so far into the suitcase,if something doesn't fit you could always try shipping it to yourself via their post office. At the very least you know that the full set is there to buy online albeit quite pricey but it saves you picking them up now and struggling with the suitcase (not to mention hoping they remain safe).

:) I shall give the updates a check~
Falions

Post by Falions »

I am back from my local anime convention and found this little BlackRose strap for $10! I was wondering when this was given out, since the copyright is 2003. Very pleased to find it!
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Falions wrote:I am back from my local anime convention and found this little BlackRose strap for $10! I was wondering when this was given out, since the copyright is 2003. Very pleased to find it!
^.^ An excellent find, think this was for a Bandai gaming event or according to some ebay listing mentioned a pre-order. I did pick one up around 2012 but my ebay account only covers 2014 ^^'

I recently got a package from my friend in the US, had won these a year or so ago but only just getting them xD Image
WorldEater21

Post by WorldEater21 »

My rarest .hack// collectable would have to be my special edition of .hack//G.U Vol.1//Rebirth,
you know? the one with the Haseo figure and terminal disk?
Yeah, that's my rarest item :)
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

WorldEater21 wrote:My rarest .hack// collectable would have to be my special edition of .hack//G.U Vol.1//Rebirth,
d(^_^) and that is quite the rare (and pricey) item, especially trying to pick them up now where just the Haseo figure goes for $50-90 let alone the game,box and Terminal Disc xD

:D Do you have any other rare items?

Just got a parcel today, luckily both pre-order bonus items were in this ^^'

Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Well I'm back, was away at EU for an internship these past 2 months.

I really liked those Japan pics of the store, very cool stuff. And SSJScygoku, you keep finding all those cool .hack swag haha! May I ask why you got two of the same items? :o
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Vallen wrote:Well I'm back, was away at EU for an internship these past 2 months.

And SSJScygoku, you keep finding all those cool .hack swag haha! May I ask why you got two of the same items? :o
How did your internship go?

d(^_^) Not to worry,I don't plan to stop~ The reason I picked up two was for the Shikishi (the drawings of Ovan/Kite),depending on where you pre-ordered from you would get either one via amazon/kotobukiya's store. So in order to get both I pre-ordered from both places xD

The previous S.H. Works had a Haseo Xth form shikishi n.n
WorldEater21

Post by WorldEater21 »

SSJScygoku wrote:
WorldEater21 wrote:My rarest .hack// collectable would have to be my special edition of .hack//G.U Vol.1//Rebirth,
d(^_^) and that is quite the rare (and pricey) item, especially trying to pick them up now where just the Haseo figure goes for $50-90 let alone the game,box and Terminal Disc xD

:D Do you have any other rare items?

Just got a parcel today, luckily both pre-order bonus items were in this ^^'

Not really, haha apart from a factory sealed copy of Kingdom Hearts 2 :) I got .hack//cell and another birth on their way though so looking forward to expanding my collection a bit more!
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

WorldEater21 wrote: Not really, haha apart from a factory sealed copy of Kingdom Hearts 2 :) I got .hack//cell and another birth on their way though so looking forward to expanding my collection a bit more!
xD I take it you have an opened copy aswell? ^_^ Nice, good to see your expanding your collection and picking up the novels~ Is this from amazon or was there a cheaper seller?
WorldEater21

Post by WorldEater21 »

SSJScygoku wrote:
WorldEater21 wrote: Not really, haha apart from a factory sealed copy of Kingdom Hearts 2 :) I got .hack//cell and another birth on their way though so looking forward to expanding my collection a bit more!
xD I take it you have an opened copy aswell? ^_^ Nice, good to see your expanding your collection and picking up the novels~ Is this from amazon or was there a cheaper seller?
Oh of course! haha. Played that game all the time when it first came out!
I'm from Australia so it's ebay for me, haha I managed to find a few good deals on Another Birth and Cell :)
Falions

Post by Falions »

The mail came in today! Aside from some Evangelion goodies I picked up on Mandarake and a figure I won on eBay as a secret gift for my girlfriend, I got a special package from FedEx!

I wonder what it could be?
There's no way...
A Grunty!!!!!!!!!! (or Puchigoso...)

That's right, folks! It even still had the tag intact!

My girlfriend is part of an anime goods trading group on Facebook, and a girl put this up there for only $15! I used to see it on eBay all the time but would avoid it because it looked cheaply made, but for $15 it's a steal! I regret not buying it earlier because this thing is so soft! So big! So cute!
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

WorldEater21 wrote: Oh of course! haha. Played that game all the time when it first came out!
I'm from Australia so it's ebay for me, haha I managed to find a few good deals on Another Birth and Cell :)
^-^ Good good~ I hear Australia is pretty bad for getting games, not too many get released so you either need to import them or hope for a digital version.
Falions wrote: My girlfriend is part of an anime goods trading group on Facebook, and a girl put this up there for only $15! I used to see it on eBay all the time but would avoid it because it looked cheaply made, but for $15 it's a steal! I regret not buying it earlier because this thing is so soft! So big! So cute!
^___^ very lucky! I'm surprised that somebody was selling a plush that cheaply,then again on ebay I do see Infection going for around £10 or less in auctions. Often its great condition and comes with Liminality ^^'

xD Bet you couldn't guess what was in the box at first lol
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

:D Post arrived and thread revived!

Vallen

Post by Vallen »

@SSJScygoku

Senpai, I inboxed you a question about something, please get back to me when you have time >.<

Post by Avatar_Crim »

I was going to buy something .hack// related at barnes and noble the other day, probably wouldnt have been rare in any way, but it turned out they were sold out of everything related lol.
GreatContagion

Post by GreatContagion »

So, I have this .hack//SIGN hexagonal box that came with an anime disc (eps 6-11?), demo disc for a PlayStation(2?) game, t-shirt, awesome plushie, postcards (or just art cards?) and all that cool stuff. I'm trying to pare down on my material possessions (wrong forum thread for that, lol) but I'm trying to figure out what this was worth. I only have like, half the stuff anymore. Shirt was eaten mostly by moths, lost the game disc years ago, still have the soundtrack (and love it) cards never came out of the box, lol. Etc. Still got that plushie. Only stuffed animal I still own.

Anyway, got here trying to figure out what... to do with this? It's sort of larger medium, and really only should go on a collector's shelf. I have a tiny apt with my girlfriend and this doesn't really have a place. Is it worth much, beyond sentimentally? Or is it sort of... just more cardboard?