What is your Rarest .hack// collectable?

Discuss .hack items not covered on other forums

Moderator: Moderators

SSJScygoku

Re: What is your Rarest .hack// collectable?

Post by SSJScygoku »

Falions wrote:Yesterday I missed not one, but two packages! So I picked them up today.
Well you may have ordered them but it could have been something completely different arriving...or broken in the worst case ^^' I'd hate to need to return a broken item ordered using a forwarding service.

d(^_^) Nice job getting hold of the missing storyboard booklet,you don't see those being sold separately often~ Did you manage to get ahold of the CD,Illustrations and the Q+A booklets? xD Yeah I wouldn't imagine you'd have much to spend and getting the regular edition was pricey enough lol ^-^ yeah i'm amazed at the quality (and number) of fanart submissions in The World magazines and ofcourse any appendixes :D

xD I'd seen those Gashapons recently but wasn't sure about getting them as I tend to think most rare items from China are bootlegs,may not be the case but does seem strange that all these rare items shop up from Hong Kong sellers ^^' Gotta say I don't see them around often either, think I've only seen one or two people with them so thats a nice find~

^-^ Its quite the comparison between the two, the only other variant I can think of is the clear Blackrose (or Mimiru as its the same model lol) from the .hack//LotT japanese boxset.

I wonder what you picked up from Mandarake, possible said .hack//LotT boxset with grunty plush? :P I'm looking forward to your arrivals, that was an excellent haul today~

xD you are going to need another bookcase to move other manga along to make space for additional .hack items, congrats on getting all the english media release,will you be picking up any japanese media? Or is thats whats on the way :)

^^' I've ordered afew items,just waiting for the last two to arrive at the warehouse then I can ship them over here~
Falions

Post by Falions »

SSJScygoku wrote:
Falions wrote:Yesterday I missed not one, but two packages! So I picked them up today.
Well you may have ordered them but it could have been something completely different arriving...or broken in the worst case ^^' I'd hate to need to return a broken item ordered using a forwarding service.

d(^_^) Nice job getting hold of the missing storyboard booklet,you don't see those being sold separately often~ Did you manage to get ahold of the CD,Illustrations and the Q+A booklets? xD Yeah I wouldn't imagine you'd have much to spend and getting the regular edition was pricey enough lol ^-^ yeah i'm amazed at the quality (and number) of fanart submissions in The World magazines and ofcourse any appendixes :D

xD I'd seen those Gashapons recently but wasn't sure about getting them as I tend to think most rare items from China are bootlegs,may not be the case but does seem strange that all these rare items shop up from Hong Kong sellers ^^' Gotta say I don't see them around often either, think I've only seen one or two people with them so thats a nice find~

^-^ Its quite the comparison between the two, the only other variant I can think of is the clear Blackrose (or Mimiru as its the same model lol) from the .hack//LotT japanese boxset.

I wonder what you picked up from Mandarake, possible said .hack//LotT boxset with grunty plush? :P I'm looking forward to your arrivals, that was an excellent haul today~

xD you are going to need another bookcase to move other manga along to make space for additional .hack items, congrats on getting all the english media release,will you be picking up any japanese media? Or is thats whats on the way :)

^^' I've ordered afew items,just waiting for the last two to arrive at the warehouse then I can ship them over here~
Nope, I placed the order almost a month ago, so that'll wait til later.

I will say though that it's the most I've ever paid for shipping on Mandarake! I usually only buy 1 or 2 items per order.

Also, usually I'm very wary about ordering from China, but I figured gashapon aren't as risky as a Figma, for example. They all seem to be legit, the only issue I found was that Kite's right foot is bent a bit more than the other one I have, but could be just a defect over the time in the material they used like the weapons.

Japanese media is definitely on the list but a much bigger challenge. I'm hoping to find some luck at various Book-Offs during my trip to Tokyo this summer.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Falions wrote: Nope, I placed the order almost a month ago, so that'll wait til later.
o-o thats quite the wait for the items,are you waiting ages for them to arrive at the warehouse or had to extend the wait as you've ordered more?

:P If thats the case then i'm definitely looking forward to see what you managed to acquire,though I've no clue what Mandarake's shipping is like lol

True enough, I guess its not too much of an issue compared to figma or statues/busts :D I know what'cha mean, Blackrose's Sword is alittle bendy after having it for awhile ^^'

I hope you manage to find most of the media while you are over there, most of the japanese only manga/novels aren't too difficult to find online ^-^
Falions

Post by Falions »

SSJScygoku wrote:
Falions wrote: Nope, I placed the order almost a month ago, so that'll wait til later.
o-o thats quite the wait for the items,are you waiting ages for them to arrive at the warehouse or had to extend the wait as you've ordered more?

:P If thats the case then i'm definitely looking forward to see what you managed to acquire,though I've no clue what Mandarake's shipping is like lol

True enough, I guess its not too much of an issue compared to figma or statues/busts :D I know what'cha mean, Blackrose's Sword is alittle bendy after having it for awhile ^^'

I hope you manage to find most of the media while you are over there, most of the japanese only manga/novels aren't too difficult to find online ^-^
Yeah, I was looking for some Japanese novels online and while they were super cheap they were being sold by Book-Off accounts so I figured why spend a ton of money on some mail forwarding or expensive shipping when I'll be there in a few months?

As for my Mandarake order, they usually take 3-4 weeks from when I place it. While it was going through their customs on the 5th, it didn't ship to Canada until the 12th. It'll definitely get here, as mail always does. I have never had any issues with Mandarake before.
Falions

Post by Falions »

So, my Mandarake order is here! It has been a good week for .hack goods!

Oh boy, oh boy....

Ta-da!!

This started when I was shopping for that VF figma in the back there, and while it was in my cart I decided to check up on what Mandarake had for .hack. There was a ton of cheap stuff! I just kept hitting "add to cart" like a madman! Maybe that kind of impulse is dangerous... :lol:

So, let's take a closer look, shall we?

Here are the books I bought, aside from the Quantum Complete Guide. They are so much smaller than I expected! Here is my hand for reference:

Don't know why my fingers are bending that way... in hindsight I should've taken a better photo, but I'm too lazy to redo it :-P

While Mandarake didn't even have a listing for the first volume of Epitaph of Twilight (I suppose no one has sold it to them before), I know I can find it pretty cheap on YJA. Though, after all the forwarding costs it'll be something like $15-$20 for an otherwise 100 yen book! So I figured I'd just wait til my own trip to Tokyo in a few months and scavenge what I can from every damn Book-Off in the city.

What's inside the Quantum Complete Guide? A ton of stuff, actually.
Here's some of the beautiful concept artwork:

And some of Reiko:

There are also a ton of interviews with directors and voice actors alike, and all sorts of art that was used in the show (like designs for all the little cameos in the background). It makes note that The World R:X has much more character customization options than its predecessors, which is why there is such a variety of background characters, apparently.

Though the oddest item I picked up was this.

I wasn't quite sure what it was, since it was only labeled ".hack//Quantum First Talks" but it was only 300 yen so I figured why the hell not?
It turned out to be some sort of file with a booklet inside:

The booklet doesn't contain much more than an interview in Japanese and some character profiles. I think it might've been promotional material for Quantum? If anyone else knows, correct me if I'm wrong.

Bonus:

There was actually a 4-page manga about the Quantum crew having a study session in The World in the Complete Guide. I figured I'd take a crack at translating it, and I posted it to my blog. Sorry about the quality, I didn't want to ruin the book to scan it, so enjoy my phone camera goodness!

Depending on how much time I have over the summer, I might try my hand at translating Zero, too. No promises!

Bonus bonus:

Isn't he cool???????????

This was my last purchase from around the holiday season (I placed it on January 5th). I officially have nothing on the way in the mail. :-(

I probably won't be buying any more .hack/CC2 goods until I'm in Japan, so I guess it's up to SSJScygoku and his myriad .hack collectables to keep this thread alive. May 1st here I come!
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Your collection is growing! Soon you'll be out of .hack books to buy :p
Last edited by Vallen on Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Falions wrote:So, my Mandarake order is here! It has been a good week for .hack goods!
Good call planning to pick them up in Japan as all these service fees and shipping costs add up,also Mandarake sure can take awhile to arrive if its 3-4 weeks ^^'

^-^ Oooh nice get getting ahold of the Quantum booklet,Zero,Epitaph of Twilight and the fan book~ Also those Quantum pages look awesome, I believe i've seen them in a set but think the seller wanted 20,000 yen or something for the lot xD I played Virtual Fighter years ago,the character looks familiar ^^'

Impulse buying is the best kind of buying,yeah the novels are tiny and I hope you can find the other volume cheap while over there~ xD You could use amazon.jp but shipping will still be pricey despite it being a 100 yen novel xD :P why redo the when Zero is nicely compared with your hand size~

:D Nice photos from the Quantum book, hope you found it for a good price and yeah it has plenty of content~ xD Guess thats the Archives equivalent for Quantum lol

I'm not entirely sure what the First Talks are but atleast it has interviews and was uber cheap :) ^(^-^)^ I shall have a nosey at your translation and hope you give Zero a shot aswell~ Shame there was only 1 novel ^^'

Sure is, an exact replica of the blocky character model from the game xD

T-T awww and here I thought there was more to look forward to~

:P I'll be sure to keep the thread arrive though that will need to wait until the last item arrives at the warehouse...whenever that will be ^^'
(Phantom) Thief

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

Falions wrote: And some of Reiko:

Bonus:

There was actually a 4-page manga about the Quantum crew having a study session in The World in the Complete Guide. I figured I'd take a crack at translating it, and I posted it to my blog. Sorry about the quality, I didn't want to ruin the book to scan it, so enjoy my phone camera goodness!

Bonus bonus:

*O* Its beautiful!! The blockiness, the concept art, the translation. joy, upon joy.

Post by Avatar_Crim »

virtua fighter is such a good fighting game. my favorite is still 2 on the saturn.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

.-. dang after waiting for the last item to arrive at the warehouse I got an e-mail saying that I've been outbid....odd as there is nothing I bidded on. Turns out the last item which was some mini towels was cancelled as the stock was sold out :/

Now I just need to wait for the final fees ^^'
Falions

Post by Falions »

SSJScygoku wrote:.-. dang after waiting for the last item to arrive at the warehouse I got an e-mail saying that I've been outbid....odd as there is nothing I bidded on. Turns out the last item which was some mini towels was cancelled as the stock was sold out :/

Now I just need to wait for the final fees ^^'
What service do you use for mail forwarding? For YJA I just use Buyee but their prices can be a bit high sometimes. If you know any good alternatives, let me know!
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Falions wrote:What service do you use for mail forwarding? For YJA I just use Buyee but their prices can be a bit high sometimes. If you know any good alternatives, let me know!
I've used Shopping Mall Japan and Easyauctionjapan before,still pricey as you need to pay shipping to thew warehouse, fees and shipping to your address but you can ask them to send as gifts and write the total as e.g. 2000 yen so you avoid customs ^^' Though CD Japan looks rather pricey so haven't tried them xD
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

@.@ tracking updates are whack, I got the parcel before it even mentions arriving at customs with the last update being 10 days ago.

:D Today's items are: .hack//G.U. carrier bag (Evangelion on the other side), .hack postcards,silver gashapon, .hack//TC & TCG cards (with one AP and whatever the other was xD) and the last item is this: http://myfigurecollection.net/item/301887

EDIT: Got these today,now I only need 1 card lol Image
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

:P Incase anyone asks the .hack//G.U. TCB box was empty, though the .hack//TC & TCG box did have the packs but sadly after opening them I did not obtain the final card I was looking for...curse you Terajima Ryoko! xD

^-^ also more .hack//Quantum Clear Files~

Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Haven't seen you post in a while! Good to have you back
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Vallen wrote:Haven't seen you post in a while! Good to have you back
xD Thanks though I did post in the ".hack//New World Shutting Down" thread afew days ago~ :P I usually do check the site every few days though,I may not be posting but i'm there.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

I have a bundle of .hack goodies from Amazon Japan in my cart, but none are available for shipping outside of Japan. I saved up some money and wish to use a "connecting" type of service, so the items go to them, and they will ship to me. Does anyone have any recommendations of this type of service? Maybe somebody has experience with one that is legit? :o
Falions

Post by Falions »

Vallen wrote:I have a bundle of .hack goodies from Amazon Japan in my cart, but none are available for shipping outside of Japan. I saved up some money and wish to use a "connecting" type of service, so the items go to them, and they will ship to me. Does anyone have any recommendations of this type of service? Maybe somebody has experience with one that is legit? :o
I've only used Tenso before, so I can't really compare, but they worked pretty smoothly. I bought some .hack books and also the .hack//Block, but that's really the only two shipments I've used them for. Expect to pay a lot in fees, especially if you're ordering from multiple sellers and consolidating into one package.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Vallen wrote:Does anyone have any recommendations of this type of service? Maybe somebody has experience with one that is legit? :o
There is always CD Japan, Shopping Mall Japan and Easy Auction Japan,I'd imagine most are the same price and costly as hell xD
Falions wrote:Expect to pay a lot in fees, especially if you're ordering from multiple sellers and consolidating into one package.
.-. you said it, so many fees to pay even if the items you buy are 50 yen~
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

^(^ __^)^ I've finally acquired the missing .hack//Canvas~ Along with some .hack shirts :D