What is your Rarest .hack// collectable?

Discuss .hack items not covered on other forums

Moderator: Moderators

SSJScygoku

Re: What is your Rarest .hack// collectable?

Post by SSJScygoku »

ReiMehari wrote:That anime disc was awesome. Included not just an anime, but information about the .hack universe.

And helped that the game clocked in at about 30 hours or so, if I recall. I might be confusing it with G.U.
^_^ yup those manual's had some nice advertisement at the back, thats how I found out about .hack//SIGN and .hack//Legend of the Twilight manga.

Not sure, pretty sure my playthrough of Infection was around 20 hours and my G.U. clocked in around 30-40 hours since I tried to get everything done in each game xD
ReiMehari

Post by ReiMehari »

SSJScygoku wrote:
ReiMehari wrote:That anime disc was awesome. Included not just an anime, but information about the .hack universe.

And helped that the game clocked in at about 30 hours or so, if I recall. I might be confusing it with G.U.
^_^ yup those manual's had some nice advertisement at the back, thats how I found out about .hack//SIGN and .hack//Legend of the Twilight manga.

Not sure, pretty sure my playthrough of Infection was around 20 hours and my G.U. clocked in around 30-40 hours since I tried to get everything done in each game xD
Oh, okay... so looks like the originals were around 20 each and G.U. was around the 30 hour mark.

Funny, I sill need to finish the Forest of Pain event! I never went back to it for some reason.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

ReiMehari wrote:Oh, okay... so looks like the originals were around 20 each and G.U. was around the 30 hour mark.

Funny, I sill need to finish the Forest of Pain event! I never went back to it for some reason.
xD could be longer or shorter due to differences in how each person games or if you tried to 100% everything >.> dang grunty races~

:O Whaaaaat~ You must finish the Forest of Pain, its not that tricky especially if you have the ability to slip past enemies ^^'
ReiMehari

Post by ReiMehari »

SSJScygoku wrote:
ReiMehari wrote:Oh, okay... so looks like the originals were around 20 each and G.U. was around the 30 hour mark.

xD could be longer or shorter due to differences in how each person games or if you tried to 100% everything >.> dang grunty races~

:O Whaaaaat~ You must finish the Forest of Pain, its not that tricky especially if you have the ability to slip past enemies ^^'
That's one of my problems if I recall... I would rarely will run and hide!
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

ReiMehari wrote:That's one of my problems if I recall... I would rarely will run and hide!
xD A good attitude to help grind through levels but not the best when you want to quickly get through so many floors safely/quickly. Although using the...bike part I think or was it boots to make yourself invisible to enemies is the fastest way since you need to beat so many bosses.
Falions

Post by Falions »

SSJScygoku wrote:
ReiMehari wrote:That's one of my problems if I recall... I would rarely will run and hide!
xD A good attitude to help grind through levels but not the best when you want to quickly get through so many floors safely/quickly. Although using the...bike part I think or was it boots to make yourself invisible to enemies is the fastest way since you need to beat so many bosses.
That dungeon takes a good 3 hours, even with the boots. I still have never cleared it, just watched the cutscenes online.
Falions

Post by Falions »

Also, forgot to mention...
A friend of mine gave me this as part of a Christmas present!
I am very proud to be the owner of #4022. Now if only I had someone to play against...
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Falions wrote:That dungeon takes a good 3 hours, even with the boots. I still have never cleared it, just watched the cutscenes online.
A friend of mine gave me this as part of a Christmas present!
[/quote]

xD well you do need to get through so many floors,mostly running and beating up bosses assuming you don't stop every few minutes for a monster fight.

d(^_^) an excellent gift you received! I take it not many people have .hack//ENEMY cards in your area?

I finally paid my final fees so will be getting new .hack merch soon ^^'
ReiMehari

Post by ReiMehari »

Falions wrote:
SSJScygoku wrote:
That dungeon takes a good 3 hours, even with the boots. I still have never cleared it, just watched the cutscenes online.
A few years back, I downloaded all the cutscenes from Bluelaguna.net and made dvds.

I hate that the site went under.
ReiMehari

Post by ReiMehari »

SSJScygoku wrote:
I recall screaming "SKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEITH!!!!!" as I charged enemies. :D
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

ReiMehari wrote:I hate that the site went under.
I recall screaming "SKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEITH!!!!!" as I charged enemies. :D
.-. its a shame that so many .hack sites went down after so many years of running,atleast you managed to watch the videos there before it went down.
xD i'm sure many people did that,especially when using Avatar Awakening lol

^(^_^)^ and now I can finally be back on topic~ Curse you postman delivering at 8am T-T
ReiMehari

Post by ReiMehari »

*drools*
Kazetrigger

Post by Kazetrigger »

SSJScygoku wrote:
ReiMehari wrote:I hate that the site went under.
.-. its a shame that so many .hack sites went down after so many years of running,atleast you managed to watch the videos there before it went down.
xD i'm sure many people did that,especially when using Avatar Awakening lol

^(^_^)^ and now I can finally be back on topic~ Curse you postman delivering at 8am T-T
What's that .hack//Link one on the left?
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

ReiMehari wrote:*drools*
d(^_^) and you can buy your own for only $99.99! Either ebay or otakurepublic sell the newer .hack Koyomi and Artbook~
Kazetrigger wrote:What's that .hack//Link one on the left?
Its a doujin (though there is another) from Megane Kikuya who did the art for the LINK and X-Fourth manga,it has plenty of concept sketches inside @.@ The other doujin is similar and has a chapter which genderswaps characters.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Managed to acquire another item from the .hack//LIVE event ^.^

...also recently won an expensive auction, may take alittle time for the item to arrive due to lack of funds ^^'
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Wow SSJScygoku, your collection is becoming insanely cool. I gotta ask, can you mentor me on the different types of .hack artbooks please? I only have the 4 Guilty Dragon artbooks, but I know there are A LOT of them. I keep seeing .hack archives online, and it seems there is a million of those ^_^;
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Vallen wrote:Wow SSJScygoku, your collection is becoming insanely cool. I gotta ask, can you mentor me on the different types of .hack artbooks please? I only have the 4 Guilty Dragon artbooks, but I know there are A LOT of them. I keep seeing .hack archives online, and it seems there is a million of those ^_^;
^^' thanks~ @.@ Sure thing,there is:

- ( Hardback) - .hack//Archives 01,02 White (has a limited edition with 2 posters,CD),02 Black and 03 (Also has a limited edition with a CD, various books including one for artwork and Q+As).
- (Softcover) - .hack//Archives LIGHT 01,02 White,02 Black and 03 which has the same printed content but is much smaller in size; There is 04 which is for .hack//LINK and the fifth is for .hack//Beyond the World (these two have no hardcover variant)
- .hack//Memories - Has plenty of Blackrose artwork
- Comiket booklets - The set containing the Makoto-san plush has an artbook with plenty of fan service.
- Artbooks - .hack//Summer 2013, Summer 2014) and .hack//Winter 2014,
- S.H. Works released recently covering mainly .hack but other projects worked on by Seiichiro Hosokawa such as Asura's Wrath.
- .hack//Guilty Dragon Visual Works - which you have xD

There is also doujins by Megane Kikuya (.hack//LINK, X-Fourth manga) and Idumi/Izumi/Idzumi Rei (.hack//LotTB manga) which either has new mini chapters,concept artwork or both ^_^
Last edited by SSJScygoku on Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

SSJScygoku wrote:
Vallen wrote:Wow SSJScygoku, your collection is becoming insanely cool. I gotta ask, can you mentor me on the different types of .hack artbooks please? I only have the 4 Guilty Dragon artbooks, but I know there are A LOT of them. I keep seeing .hack archives online, and it seems there is a million of those ^_^;
^^' thanks~ @.@ Sure thing,there is:

- ( Hardback) - .hack//Archives 01,02 White (has a limited edition with 2 posters,CD),02 Black and 03 (Also has a limited edition with a CD, various books including one for artwork and Q+As).
- (Softcover) - .hack//Archives LIGHT 01,02 White,02 Black and 03 which has the same printed content but is much smaller in size; There is 04 which is for .hack//LINK and the fifth is for .hack//Beyond the World (these two have no hardcover variant)
- .hack//Memories - Has plenty of Blackrose artwork
- Comiket booklets - The set containing the Makoto-san plush has an artbook with plenty of fan service.
- Artbooks - .hack//Summer 2013, .hack//Winter 2014,
- S.H. Works released recently covering mainly .hack but other projects worked on by Seiichiro Hosokawa such as Asura's Wrath.
- .hack//Guilty Dragon Visual Works - which you have xD

There is also doujins by Megane Kikuya (.hack//LINK, X-Fourth manga) and Idumi/Izumi/Idzumi Rei (.hack//LotTB manga) which either has new mini chapters,concept artwork or both ^_^
Ohh, thank you \(^_^)/

So if I want to collect the archives, there are 6 in total. And the first 4 have hardcover variants which are like limited editions. Can you recommend if I should go softcover or hardcover senpai? What is the price? When you say softcovers are printed in smaller size, how small do you mean?
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Vallen wrote: So if I want to collect the archives, there are 6 in total. And the first 4 have hardcover variants which are like limited editions. Can you recommend if I should go softcover or hardcover senpai? What is the price? When you say softcovers are printed in smaller size, how small do you mean?
Yup six in total, I wouldn't call them limited editions as they are really just the first printed version. They probably wanted better sales so made a smaller/cheaper version that doesn't come with a cover case. The softcover are easier to store and your .hack//Archives collection would look nicer if they were all the same,i'm just collecting them all xD. However its up to you since the hardcovers have different cover designs (03 is the Book of Twilight),two have Limited Editions which have extra items and each possesses a protective cover case (see below). Price wise (from amazon) you can get the LIGHT versions from 2000-4000 yen and the hardback variants for around 4000 yen, though you can definitely have the LIGHT versions shipped directly from amazon to you.

Heres a size comparison @.@
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

^Very nice! Thank you senpai :)

I will make it my goal to own all 6 by the end of summer!