What is your Rarest .hack// collectable?

Discuss .hack items not covered on other forums

Moderator: Moderators

SSJScygoku

Re: What is your Rarest .hack// collectable?

Post by SSJScygoku »

Avatar_Crim wrote:I was going to buy something .hack// related at barnes and noble the other day, probably wouldnt have been rare in any way, but it turned out they were sold out of everything related lol.
xD well I'd say its rare to see .hack media in shops, used to find LotT manga and novels all the time but its been a long while since then.
GreatContagion wrote:So, I have this .hack//SIGN hexagonal box that came with an anime disc (eps 6-11?), demo disc for a PlayStation(2?) game, t-shirt, awesome plushie, postcards (or just art cards?) and all that cool stuff. I'm trying to pare down on my material possessions (wrong forum thread for that, lol) but I'm trying to figure out what this was worth. I only have like, half the stuff anymore. Shirt was eaten mostly by moths, lost the game disc years ago, still have the soundtrack (and love it) cards never came out of the box, lol. Etc. Still got that plushie. Only stuffed animal I still own.

Anyway, got here trying to figure out what... to do with this? It's sort of larger medium, and really only should go on a collector's shelf. I have a tiny apt with my girlfriend and this doesn't really have a place. Is it worth much, beyond sentimentally? Or is it sort of... just more cardboard?
I thought it was the first DVD that came with the box if I recall correctly, I take it you need to keep space usage to a minimum as your girlfriend is living there? ^(^ - ^)^ yay for grunty plushes~

Sucks that you've lost some of the contents to either the wind or moths >.< Really depends on yourself if you still retain sentiments for the set, if you want you could try to reacquire the missing contents to make it complete as ebay sometimes gets individual items. I do see that boxset listed with several things missing so if you did decide not to keep them (or just some of it) then you could use those as a rough guide on how much to sell parts of it for.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

^yeah, eBay has individual items sometimes. You can try to put it up in parts, or specify it's missing stuff. Maybe someone who is trying to collect it will be interested. But that depends on luck, considering the Funimation DVD is probably the go-to version of owning this show.
GreatContagion

Post by GreatContagion »

Thanks for the advice folks. :)
It has sentimental value to me because it was a thing my dad sent me from overseas when he'd been deployed in Iraq in the early 2000's , but, the plushy is small and retains all the same sentiment for me as the box. I inspected it a bit more, and it has an inch long tear at a corner, which is unfortunate. But that, along with most items missing, means I doubt I could do much with it on ebay, (and I would definitely end up keeping the plush and CD, lol. ****' love that soundtrack.. for, 13, 14 years now? Haha, wow.)

Just seems a shame because the box is cool. Oh well, maybe some local, fellow nerd will want it free on craigslist.

I'm glad looking into this led me to this community. This is a cool site and you are cool people. ^^

(P.S - that first paragraph is ambiguous. Before anyone feels compelled to send condolences, my dad is alive and well. If he weren't, I doubt I would consider parting with this nifty collector box.)
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

I ordered all the .hack//archives books (light editions). Got all of them in the mail last week but one. Will wait for the last one before I pic em all together and post here :)

I did notice something, why is Archives 02 white, 02 black, and 03 printed on lower quality paper than Archives 01 and 05 which are printed on glossy paper?
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

GreatContagion wrote:Thanks for the advice folks. :)
^^' Glad to hear your dad is alive and well, wasn't too sure there and we are happy to be of help. A shame there is damage to the box,though you have had it for so long and good call wanting to keep the plush and CD~
Vallen wrote:I ordered all the .hack//archives books (light editions). Got all of them in the mail last week but one. Will wait for the last one before I pic em all together and post here :)

I did notice something, why is Archives 02 white, 02 black, and 03 printed on lower quality paper than Archives 01 and 05 which are printed on glossy paper?
d(^-^) I shall be looking forward to seeing the .hack//Archives LIGHT assembled in one place,hope it arrives soon seeing as the others have shown up.

xD Umm that is a good question,maybe they ran out of glossy paper, a misprint or wanted to cut back costs?
Falions

Post by Falions »

Reorganized my shelves today so every .hack book would be on the same shelf.
Someone on Tumblr was selling their whole collection a couple weeks ago so I bought a bunch of manga & books I was missing like Another Birth, Cell, and the three volumes of G.U.+ I did not buy when I was in middle school. So glad to have a whole shelf of just. hack!
Now all I need are the remaining G.U. novels and the Link manga...
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

SSJScygoku wrote:xD Umm that is a good question,maybe they ran out of glossy paper, a misprint or wanted to cut back costs?
Don't think it's a misprint, since 3 books are like that. Take your Archives 05 and compare it to, for example, archives 03 LIGHT. Isn't the paper quality different? 05 is glossy and 03 is more matte thicker paper?
Falions wrote:Now all I need are the remaining G.U. novels and the Link manga...
Sexy shelf~
I sold my 3 LINK novels last year :S (they're incomplete and never will be finished, didn't care for a story that isn't complete)
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Falions wrote:Reorganized my shelves today so every .hack book would be on the same shelf.
Someone on Tumblr was selling their whole collection a couple weeks ago so I bought a bunch of manga & books I was missing like Another Birth, Cell, and the three volumes of G.U.+ I did not buy when I was in middle school. So glad to have a whole shelf of just. hack!
Now all I need are the remaining G.U. novels and the Link manga...
:D The shelf is filling up nicely and great job getting ahold of some of their collection~ Hope you can get the remaining novels/manga for a reasonable price.
Vallen wrote: I sold my 3 LINK novels last year :S (they're incomplete and never will be finished, didn't care for a story that isn't complete)
:O Blasphemy!
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Latest arrivals :D

Falions

Post by Falions »

I finally finished my Archives collection! The last one I was missing was 01, and I ordered it almost two months ago. It came miraculously in the mail the day after I got a refund. (Don't worry, I refunded the refund! :D )
I also ordered the three volumes of the G.U. novels I didn't have, and the unfinished Link manga. I now own all English-translated .hack media!

I also booked my flight to Tokyo for May. Can't wait to go back to the Kotobukiya store and pick up some CC2 goods!
Last edited by Falions on Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Ohh, nice! My Archives 02 Black Light Edition got lost in the mail, I got a refund, but now I gotta find another copy online to buy (which is hard).
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Falions wrote:I finally finished my Archives collection! The last one I was missing was 01, and I ordered it almost two months ago. It came miraculously in the mail the day after I got a refund. (Don't worry, I refunded the refund! :D )
I also ordered the three volumes of the G.U. novels I didn't have, and the unfinished Link manga. I now own all English-translated .hack media!

I also booked my flight to Tokyo for May. Can't wait to go back to the Kotobukiya store and pick up some CC2 goods!
^(^_^)^ Congrats on completing your Archives collection! And also for posting in this thread,it doesn't get much attention ^^' I pray that the remaining novels/manga don't take anywhere as near as long to show up at your door.

xD Well that was some good timing,its crazy how long some items take while others traveling the same distance end up requiring 3-4 weeks (or more) to arrive. What the heck took it so long, did the person literally walk all the way with said parcel? o-o

Just a heads up that at Comiket they seem to be seeing many old items as sets and shizzle, so i'm not too sure what Kotobukiya will have though my friend who was there two months ago didn't see much ^^;
Vallen wrote:Ohh, nice! My Archives 02 Black Light Edition got lost in the mail, I got a refund, but now I gotta find another copy online to buy (which is hard).
>-< Hope you can find another copy and for a reasonable price,how do they lose such a massive artbook!
Falions

Post by Falions »

SSJScygoku wrote:
Falions wrote:I finally finished my Archives collection! The last one I was missing was 01, and I ordered it almost two months ago. It came miraculously in the mail the day after I got a refund. (Don't worry, I refunded the refund! :D )

^(^_^)^ Congrats on completing your Archives collection! And also for posting in this thread,it doesn't get much attention ^^' I pray that the remaining novels/manga don't take anywhere as near as long to show up at your door.

xD Well that was some good timing,its crazy how long some items take while others traveling the same distance end up requiring 3-4 weeks (or more) to arrive. What the heck took it so long, did the person literally walk all the way with said parcel? o-o

Just a heads up that at Comiket they seem to be seeing many old items as sets and shizzle, so i'm not too sure what Kotobukiya will have though my friend who was there two months ago didn't see much ^^;
Vallen wrote:Ohh, nice! My Archives 02 Black Light Edition got lost in the mail, I got a refund, but now I gotta find another copy online to buy (which is hard).
>-< Hope you can find another copy and for a reasonable price,how do they lose such a massive artbook!
Really? Well when I went in May the little CC2 corner was full to the brim! I was hoping to get some of the Solatorobo books...
I'm pretty sure they always stock up, though, so I have hope!

Thanks for your kind wishes to my dreadful shipping. The books were all ordered from America, so so long as they don't get caught up at Canadian customs, it should be fine.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Falions wrote: Really? Well when I went in May the little CC2 corner was full to the brim! I was hoping to get some of the Solatorobo books...
I'm pretty sure they always stock up, though, so I have hope!

Thanks for your kind wishes to my dreadful shipping. The books were all ordered from America, so so long as they don't get caught up at Canadian customs, it should be fine.
Yup yup,maybe they'll restock but at that point there was very little in the way of .hack items in store .-. Luckily I know afew people who are going to Japan in 2017 so i'll ask them and maybe i'll acquire the last PUCHI (purple 01) i'm missing xD There will probably be Solatorobo books.hope you find them while there ^.^

d(^_^) It shouldn't be as bad now that christmas is over,with any luck you'll be posting an update soon,i'm just waiting for my latest .hack items to arrive.

EDIT: They arrived xD Finally found out where the .hack//LotTB t-shirt comes from, I'd never heard of a promo box for .hack//LotT before o-o
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Hot dayummm, where do you keep finding more and more .hack swag?! :D
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Vallen wrote:Hot dayummm, where do you keep finding more and more .hack swag?! :D
After entering a deep meditative state, letting my conscientiousness become one with .hack I am led to a sacred place which offers rare offical .hack merch. However due to the immense difficultly and sheer concentration involved this can only be done every few months,hence my irregular updates <.< >.> or you know,I see it them ebay or yahoo auctions,whichever is more believable lol
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Some post this morning :D

Falions

Post by Falions »

SSJScygoku wrote:Some post this morning :D

I used to see that Tsukasa plush around a lot a few years ago for pretty cheap but always held off because I didn't have a job and thought it looked kinda goofy. Now I want it! Him and the Macha would look great with my Grunty.

I wish I could get the Chim Chim plushie or Makoto for cheaper....
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Falions wrote:
SSJScygoku wrote:Some post this morning :D
I used to see that Tsukasa plush around a lot a few years ago for pretty cheap but always held off because I didn't have a job and thought it looked kinda goofy. Now I want it! Him and the Macha would look great with my Grunty.

I wish I could get the Chim Chim plushie or Makoto for cheaper....
^^' The same with me, the plushes were fairly common so I wasn't in a rush either (much like some other items) and then all of a sudden they were few and far between. ^(^-^)^ And then they will form Team .hack! And rule over the web with their adorable plushiness! :3

Unfortunately you don't see the plushes individually often and the sets can be pricey on ebay .-. But you never know when a good deal will appear :D

If you buy it from ebay atleast you don't need to worry about forward service fees or an extra postage cost n-n
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HACK-NICHIJOU-S ... rkt%3D1%26
Falions

Post by Falions »

Yesterday I missed not one, but two packages! So I picked them up today.

What could it be? What wonders await me? Though, I already knew. :lol:

Let's open the package from Japan!

The storyboard book from Archive_03! When I originally got my copy a few years ago I made the mistake of not buying the limited edition. Though, in my defence, I was 16 and had barely any money to spend anyway! That Archive was a Christmas gift to myself, and by coincidence the same seller was selling the storyboard book that came with it. After haggling for a bit, I managed to snag it for a decent price. They had some other .hack stuff too so I thought why not take advantage of the combine shipping and get something else too, huh? So I picked up the G.U. The World magazine's fan art collection. So many cute drawings in here! I love the fan PC submissions.

What's in the package from Hong Kong, I wonder?

What's this?

The limited edition silver variant gashapon figures!!!
I wrote these off as items I would never have because for years I haven't been able to find them anywhere, not even YJA or anything like that. Then, one day, by chance, they popped up on eBay for something like $25, so I just had to do it! They're so cute! Here's a picture of the silver Kite with the original for comparison:

ImageImage

I also have a somewhat large Mandarake order from the 5th of this month I'm still expecting, so stay tuned! :D

Bonus: My shelf is getting so full I'm not even sure where to put everything! I also recently finished off my English-translated media collection, so it's getting real crowded now.