.hack fragment - online mode revival (for real)

Discuss .hack items not covered on other forums

Moderator: Moderators

Subaru

Re: .hack fragment - online mode revival (for real)

Post by Subaru »

Insydius wrote:
Subaru wrote:
Minto wrote:But you can ask the people on the forums where to get the plug-ins needed and what not.
http://pcsx2.net/
Okay, I just went to that website for the emulator, and none of the download links work. The link to their forums doesn't work either.

So where exactly are people finding their PC copies for download?
The site works fine for me, make sure your click on the right download for your system. If you use Windows XP/Vista/7, all you need is PCSX2 0.9.6 Installer, the download button is on the grey bar that says DOWNLOAD [ 4MB ]. Forum work's fine too, you just need to read the rules on the forum link carefully.

PC copies for download, you must understand we do not allow this type of discussion or exchange here on dothackers.net as per our rules in Message Board Rules. Anyone caught exchanging links or repeatedly requesting for links or how to obtain licensed copies of any game or any licensed digital media will be dealt with.
It's working now, thanks. It was giving a 404 earlier for some reason.

And I didn't even think about that before asking, I apologize.
Coldbird

Post by Coldbird »

Alright, back once more guys and girls.
About PCSX2... while you can play (or atleast start and "begin") Infection, Mutation, Outbreak, Quarantine and GU1-3, you won't have any luck with Fragment sadly...

Blackscreens without anything happening, no matter what plugins you use.
ShaneCamp

Post by ShaneCamp »

so if you can't play online how do you go about getting 3 party members or is that not possible? (are there NPCs like in the other games)
Gungnir

Post by Gungnir »

first off i have to say once again thanks coldbird i had several problems getting my fragment working in the past but that little cheat for the ESR worked perfectly on a disc i thought was damaged.

You proly don,t remember me but i was on one of the forums with gorthax a while back this is a new name/account (old acc was either Skyth/or Sorasky) any ways i said i was going to help but because of the difficulties with my game i had to resin from helping. but now im back and im going to try and suport with whatever way i can.

if you can i would like to know a list of major or minor things that need to be done. i have a few friends that are into programing, and could see if they can lend a hand. seance im good at networking i'll use the old jp area server and see if i can get a good connection if that works i want to see if i can run it through himachi server and see if i can start up massive private server.

when you get the time update me on the process you used to get the server running. and any info on how the server and the ps2 communicate /send data would be a help thanks.

last words please don't let this project die i love the retro feel of it and the irony of the fact that we have to use hacks and left over fragments to get this running. that fact alone will make this game worth it when its done.

i apologize for the typing so much im just excited and look forward to seeing this project to the end.
~Gungnir
Twilisapien

Post by Twilisapien »

man i wish i understood what is going on, i feel so stupid and left out
MizuTakishima

Post by MizuTakishima »

Twilisapien wrote:man i wish i understood what is going on, i feel so stupid and left out
Same ~A~; THIS THREAD NEEDS SUBTITLES. (I still like trying to keep up though ~ )
Mewster

Post by Mewster »

That sounds epic good.
Yamazuki

Post by Yamazuki »

Coldbirds got the dreams of thousands bore in his shoulders!

K3nt0 and several of you others, you're all heroes =D I would really like to see this succeed!

Is there any way to help? I'm just a regular gamer with no hacking skills, but it seems that I can lend my PC to you for it's power =D

I also have an older PS2 with online capabilities and a hard drive! Please contact me if there's any way I can help ^_^

Also I do have some questions if anyone's willing to answer. (I don't wanna just blurt them out in an improper* area like "H0W I PL4Y .HACH!!!!!?!" XD

*Inproper...? Er... uh, stupid! XD
Yamazuki

Post by Yamazuki »

Thank you ^_^

So, as I sorted through some of this 'tech speak' I sorta figured it out that Fragment is a ps2 only game. Is this correct? Obviously I can find an Emulator I guess. Also looks like torrenting/downloading it to my PC is going to be impossible. I assume I can find an old copy on ebay or something? XD
So yeah, opinion on above (Do I have it about right?)

Also, will I be getting an email or something with instructions on this tool I'm supposed to use to help 'brute force' the way through? I just have a normal computer, I can play pretty much all of todays games on it but it's not anything special.
Genka Rasu

Post by Genka Rasu »

Woah.

I followed this thread for a while and its just insane whats growing up here. All this users wich are willing to help, all this love to .Hack... Great.
I'm not able to hack, code or anything like that (well, i'm able to pixel 2D Sprites very well, but this won't help in this case I guess. xD). So if I can do anything to help - let me know it.
Also looks like torrenting/downloading it to my PC is going to be impossible.
Why? There are several working hack//fragment isos on the web. :D
Genka Rasu

Post by Genka Rasu »

You'll probably want to change that. IIRC, they don't like piracy here.
Though this whole .hack//fragment online mode revival thing seems to be illegal, I'm going to change it, if you say so. ):
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Genka Rasu wrote:
You'll probably want to change that. IIRC, they don't like piracy here.
Though this whole .hack//fragment online mode revival thing seems to be illegal, I'm going to change it, if you say so. ):
It's legal to do all of this stuff as long as you own an original copy of the game (Fragment), and we're all just assuming that everyone working directly on this has an original copy of the game. So remain legal and assume the same too D: lol
Pokex3

Post by Pokex3 »

Oh how I long to see this game up and running....

I wish there was a way I could help, but I honestly, have no idea what any of this game speak means ^^;
I will be checking in though, and cheering the project on!!
(:
Yamazuki

Post by Yamazuki »

Of course! Legal! I would never dream of Piracy >.>;;

Ok but seriously... In order to get this game, I would have to buy it off of like what? eBay? I can try but it's going to take me a few months to get the money ^_^;;; (Very poor mountain village)

But even than, it's a ps2 game. How do I make it work on my computer? Or do emulators do that too? (I thought you had to download the game)

And what about this program Im supposed to use to help 'brute force' this thing? Do I need the game to make it work? Sill haven't recieved any email or anything containing this program that I know nothing of.
mikeag

Post by mikeag »

I really think we should get with CC2 and see what work we can do with them. Seeing that they have people outside of the bussiness doing their own work trying to get it jump started would probably push them to get the experts in. It's incredible to see real .hackers at work trying to do somehting like this. Having a real "The World" would get incredible bussiness.
ilya

Post by ilya »

I'm interested in putting several computers to work on anything you need, and my roomate is excellent at network programming, dealing with raw sockets and the like, I could try and get him on board. Also, could someone post links to whatever patches are available? Haven't been able to get ahold of any....
Yamazuki

Post by Yamazuki »

Hrmm looks like Coldbirds sites down...
zackmon

Post by zackmon »

hey coldbird are you still working on this because your website is down and you did not update in a while
d5t

Post by d5t »

zackmon wrote:hey coldbird are you still working on this because your website is down and you did not update in a while
It's been down for a long time. I'm going to lock the topic; if the project is revived, someone can PM me and I'll open the thread back up no problem - or feel free to start a new topic. I suggest anyone who has a vested interest in the project PM coldbird and go from there!