.hack franchise plot threads that are still unresolved?

Discuss .hack items not covered on other forums

Moderator: Moderators

Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Re: .hack franchise plot threads that are still unresolved?

Postby Kuukai » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:55 pm

Isn't it the fault of the company/cabal that recklessly created an unwinnable scenario rather than the guy stuck mopping up their unwinnable scenario? If somebody puts a gun to your head and forces you to chose between the good of the many or the good of the few... that person is the criminal.

I would love to know more about the "double phenomenon" - I might splurge on one of these next time I'm in Japan, but if anyone finds scans that would be great, too.

Keyaki
custom (PM an admin for a custom rank)

Postby Keyaki » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:44 pm

Kuukai wrote:Isn't it the fault of the company/cabal that recklessly created an unwinnable scenario rather than the guy stuck mopping up their unwinnable scenario? If somebody puts a gun to your head and forces you to chose between the good of the many or the good of the few... that person is the criminal.

You're blaming Mama for AIDA?

Well...they did cause Aura to be created, indirectly. But Aura's disappearance causing the AIDA to appear was entirely on her own volition. I'd say it was just an unprecedented incident.

I would love to know more about the "double phenomenon" - I might splurge on one of these next time I'm in Japan, but if anyone finds scans that would be great, too.

Double phenomenon?

Code: Select all

You just sold your soul for a chance at a Walmart gift card...

Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Postby Kuukai » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:52 pm

It sounds like an allusion to Tokio in Yata's report.

Mama: Hey this game caused comas, let's not warn anyone, keep it on, and mess with it some more.
Ovan: I'm feeling super evil and reckless today so I'm going to play a game that's one of the best and most meaningful ways to interact with my bedridden sister.

AIDA wasn't predicted, but Mama's actions caused the various problems to begin with, and their actual goal is to trap people in the game so I mean, it's like, "officer, yes that's the truck was planning to steal, but I was planning to do that Thursday - today I just wasn't paying attention and drove it off by accident. Blame Ovan instead."

Keyaki

Postby Keyaki » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:36 pm

Kuukai wrote:Mama: Hey this game caused comas, let's not warn anyone, keep it on, and mess with it some more.
Ovan: I'm feeling super evil and reckless today so I'm going to play a game that's one of the best and most meaningful ways to interact with my bedridden sister.

AIDA wasn't predicted, but Mama's actions caused the various problems to begin with, and their actual goal is to trap people in the game so I mean, it's like, "officer, yes that's the truck was planning to steal, but I was planning to do that Thursday - today I just wasn't paying attention and drove it off by accident. Blame Ovan instead."

I suppose. Though good luck trying to prove that in court (Kidding!)

It sounds like an allusion to Tokio in Yata's report.

Yata's report? In //Link? I don't remember that.

Code: Select all

You just sold your soul for a chance at a Walmart gift card...

Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Postby Kuukai » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:30 pm

No, in the "The Duplicate Phenomenon: Extracts of the Epitaph User's Investigation" bonus booklet mentioned above.

Return to “General chat”