What is your Rarest .hack// collectable?

Discuss .hack items not covered on other forums

Moderator: Moderators

Falions

Re: What is your Rarest .hack// collectable?

Post by Falions »

My package from China came faster than I thought...

Behold:

This was the best $20 I've ever spent.
Erroneous
Complaint Department
Complaint Department

Post by Erroneous »

WOW, I seen those all the time on eBay/Amazon back in the day, I never seen anyone buy one.
Falions

Post by Falions »

Erroneous wrote:WOW, I seen those all the time on eBay/Amazon back in the day, I never seen anyone buy one.
Yep, there's a ton of listings (not just for .hack too) with some computer-generated mockup of what the watch will look like. I figured I'd gamble $20 and see what showed up in the mail. My only complaint is that it smells like day-old carrots.
Sizzdaddy

Post by Sizzdaddy »

Why is Rena wielding a twin blade dagger instead of a great sword? Lol
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

Sizzdaddy wrote:Why is Rena wielding a twin blade dagger instead of a great sword? Lol
Chinese bootleg, yo. I remember seeing a poster on a random shop in China town when I was a kid, it was Rei from Evangelion but had the Freedom Gundam behind her lol.
(Phantom) Thief

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

Falions wrote:...
Also, does anyone know what the hell Matsuyama's special message is for the 4th one? Usually it's a drawing and a little blurb but this last one was just the image. Here:

Who is this guy? The obscured dialogue bubble says トラスヘ with the middle blocked out. Does anyone have any idea what it could say? Nothing immediately came to mind, other than Tri-Edge, since his name is spelled トライエッジ, but I doubt there's any connection. The only existing character I think he looks like is Sogabe, but without glasses... (does he even smoke?)

Sogabe does smoke however it doesn't look like its him at least from what we have until 2025, so whoever Scar is might be revealed in the next fanbook. Since everything time Hiroshima draws something like this its usually someone from the .hack next series or an imaginary one IE: Azure Flame Kite, ALTIMIT XXXX, Tokio, Haseo's 5th. But about the katakana its possible there might be some some characters missing "トラ" * * "(ス/ズ ) "ヘ" = (Tra/Tru/Tro) * * (suhe/thhe). Maybe its just another name like Trosh or Trass or has something missing at the end. However looks like we might end up with some more, Liminality, Thanatos or Bullet like material.

EDIT: Wait a minute, Maybe its Ovan!!! I mean who else haven't we been not been able to get an update on.
Last edited by (Phantom) Thief on Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Falions

Post by Falions »

(Phantom) Thief wrote: Sogabe does smoke however it doesn't look like its him at least from what we have until 2025, whoever Scar is might be reveled in the next fanbook. Since everything time Hiroshima draw something like this its usually someone from the .hack next series or an imaginary one IE: Azure Flame Kite, ALTIMIT XXXX, Tokio, Haseo's 5th. But about the katakana its possible there might be some some characters missing "トラ" * * "(ス/ズ ) "ヘ" = (Tra/Tru/Tro) * * (suhe/thhe). Maybe its just another name like Trosh or Trass or has something missing at the end. However looks like we might end up with some more, Liminality, Thanatos or Bullet like material.

EDIT: Wait a minute, Maybe its Ovan!!! I mean who else haven't we been not been able to get an update on.
I think he has a lollipop in his mouth there. He's known to like sweets, after all.

You're right about Matsuyama's drawings being indicative of the future. I remember those "it is so very hot .hack" illustrations at the end of G.U.+ mangas, with the final one featuring Tokio and a caption that said something like "chug-a-chug! On to Link!" I hope someone on here is able to obtain the 5th Fanbook. I'll keep an eye out for it online, but I wish I could just claim it myself :cry:

Seeing what Ovan is up to would be really interesting. If I'm not mistaken he was an NAB investigator for a while, right? Then his mysterious disappearance a la Quantum. I really hope we get some clarification on what his role in the third series is.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Falions wrote:My package from China came faster than I thought...
xD wow I saw those all the time on ebay before,usually them and fake posters~ Its a nice watch,wonder if they would ever make official ones but they are much more labour intensive than a towel or mug lol

:) Just got word my parcel shipped today~
(Phantom) Thief

Falions wrote:
(Phantom) Thief wrote: Sogabe does smoke however it doesn't look like its him at least from what we have until 2025, whoever Scar is might be reveled in the next fanbook. Since everything time Hiroshima draw something like this its usually someone from the .hack next series or an imaginary one IE: Azure Flame Kite, ALTIMIT XXXX, Tokio, Haseo's 5th. But about the katakana its possible there might be some some characters missing "トラ" * * "(ス/ズ ) "ヘ" = (Tra/Tru/Tro) * * (suhe/thhe). Maybe its just another name like Trosh or Trass or has something missing at the end. However looks like we might end up with some more, Liminality, Thanatos or Bullet like material.

I think he has a lollipop in his mouth there. He's known to like sweets, after all.

You're right about Matsuyama's drawings being indicative of the future. I remember those "it is so very hot .hack" illustrations at the end of G.U.+ mangas, with the final one featuring Tokio and a caption that said something like "chug-a-chug! On to Link!" I hope someone on here is able to obtain the 5th Fanbook. I'll keep an eye out for it online, but I wish I could just claim it myself :cry:

Seeing what Ovan is up to would be really interesting. If I'm not mistaken he was an NAB investigator for a while, right? Then his mysterious disappearance a la Quantum. I really hope we get some clarification on what his role in the third series is.
Yeah. That was my mistake. I forgot about that and ended up with the reverse of what they did to Sanji. I guess could also be Bansyoya, or someone related to the thirteenth file Sogabe gave Reiko. At this point .hack seems like it could really go anywhere. People should be able to grab vol 5 with some proxy shipping. (Argh that was such a hard line for me to type...)
Falions

Post by Falions »

(Phantom) Thief wrote: Yeah. That was my mistake. I forgot about that and ended up with a Reverse Sanji. I guess could also be Bansyoya, or someone related to the thirteenth file Sogabe gave Reiko. At this point .hack seems like it could really go anywhere. People should be able to grab vol 5 with some proxy shipping. (Argh that was such a hard line for me to type...)
Yeah, there really are so many different unresolved plot threads they could just grab on to. Isn't volume 5 just exclusive to people who bought all 4? I didn't think you could buy it regularly like the others. I own them, but there's no way for me to claim it overseas...

Also, the release date of 3/31 seems kind of important. The rest were all released within a month of each other, but this one is taking its damn time. I wonder what will be inside~~~~~
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

:) Finally got whats been waiting at the warehouse for quite awhile,includes 15th anniversary items, Cafe postcards/cards/mini posters, .hack//G.U. The Card Battle bundle and afew items from the Tokyo Tower event~

(Phantom) Thief

Falions wrote:
(Phantom) Thief wrote: Yeah. That was my mistake. I forgot about that and ended up with a Reverse Sanji. I guess could also be Bansyoya, or someone related to the thirteenth file Sogabe gave Reiko. At this point .hack seems like it could really go anywhere. People should be able to grab vol 5 with some proxy shipping. (Argh that was such a hard line for me to type...)
Yeah, there really are so many different unresolved plot threads they could just grab on to. Isn't volume 5 just exclusive to people who bought all 4? I didn't think you could buy it regularly like the others. I own them, but there's no way for me to claim it overseas...

Also, the release date of 3/31 seems kind of important. The rest were all released within a month of each other, but this one is taking its damn time. I wonder what will be inside~~~~~
Personally I think the inside will have the cafe meeting at the end of main games. Where Kite will meet Akira Helba and Tokuoka. However about the book I pretty sure someone should be able to get their hands on them for resale. Some services give a Japanese Address, so I was thinking there might be a way to get the book if people use that to send their coupons to CC2 from. However how people were supposed to get the book changed so it might not even matter anymore anyway.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

^^' A fairly large haul today,used several photos this time but they still appear small on the computer for some reason. Most items from SeasonalPlant, CD cases,missing Puchi (well missing a badge on it), Fanbooks 1-4,jigsaw,15th anniversary items and Banpresto prints :)

Vallen

Post by Vallen »

@.@

This man is about to fund the .hack revival on his own :p
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Vallen wrote:@.@

This man is about to fund the .hack revival on his own :p
xD I wish~ Thats close to what my friends say, that I generally fund .hack myself,well that and the only fans are myself and 3 others plus the creator lol

Most of this was I had to wait for either the release and then a month extra due to holidays ^^' I'll need to buy a box of the keychains though as i'm missing afew, the box contains everything so they'll be many doubles lol

Is there anything on your radar recently?
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

SSJScygoku wrote:
Vallen wrote:Is there anything on your radar recently?
Not too much for now, but then again I mostly collect the artbooks. If they push out a new Guilty Dragon Works, or a New World Artbook, or a new Archives - then yes. But as of now there aren't that many .hack things that I want :(

To be honest, I think .hack will be dead again for 3 or 4 years, but then we might see a new entry. That's how I feel after Last Recode.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Vallen wrote:Not too much for now, but then again I mostly collect the artbooks. If they push out a new Guilty Dragon Works, or a New World Artbook, or a new Archives - then yes. But as of now there aren't that many .hack things that I want :(

To be honest, I think .hack will be dead again for 3 or 4 years, but then we might see a new entry. That's how I feel after Last Recode.
:P Besides for being on the lookout for Fanbook vol 5 if it every appears online~ xD They need to make some .hack banks,coins and hot waterbottles lol

^^' with any luck they will have something to announce at E3 or TGS, surely Last Recode did well enough atleast in Japan.
Falions

Post by Falions »

Vallen wrote:
SSJScygoku wrote:
Vallen wrote:Is there anything on your radar recently?
Not too much for now, but then again I mostly collect the artbooks. If they push out a new Guilty Dragon Works, or a New World Artbook, or a new Archives - then yes. But as of now there aren't that many .hack things that I want :(

I feel like the fanfare is still there--we were trending on Twitter worldwide last week, and #1 in Japan! I would be surprised if nothing at all was announced this year.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Falions wrote:
Vallen wrote: To be honest, I think .hack will be dead again for 3 or 4 years, but then we might see a new entry. That's how I feel after Last Recode.
I feel like the fanfare is still there--we were trending on Twitter worldwide last week, and #1 in Japan! I would be surprised if nothing at all was announced this year.
:P Heres hoping they reveal something at the LieN concert,I believe there was a story segment in it like with .hack//LIVE but its at the end of the month I goto Japan T-T
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

:3 I finally gotten ahold of the Haseo figures,along with some of the signed Overlord cards all of which is protected by an Umaru beanie lol I've just put in a request for the new .hack hoody,shirt and poster thats now on amazon.jp ^_^