.hack call to arms

Discuss new anime, old anime, upcoming anime series, fansubbed anime, etc

Moderator: Moderators

JinnoftheDesert

.hack call to arms

Post by JinnoftheDesert »

so I firmly believe that if the re-releases of the .hack anima do well we will see new translations and possibly new material in the US in the future due to statements that the creators and developers have made in the past. I will be buying them I don't have them yet. I think we should spread the word bring new fans in and hopefully breath new life into the .hack franchise. what do you guys think?
VirusCoreS

Re: .hack call to arms

Post by VirusCoreS »

Wasn't there a re-release of //Quantum DVD announcement few weeks ago?
JinnoftheDesert

I don't know but I have it on blue ray. I pre ordered .hack//sign and its due to come in on Monday, I cant wait. anyone else pre order it?
JinnoftheDesert

I got my pre order yesterday witch is allot sooner than the release date Did this happen to anyone else
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

I've not pre-ordered yet but I've had a DVD arrive long before it was due for release, that was Log Horizon.
SCP173music

Post by SCP173music »

yush support the re releases and show both the creators of .hack and general populace that this is a franchise that will stay for many years to come. And that no matter what. .hack will always have a special place in our data erm i mean hearts. I got the .hack sign funimation re release.
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

SCP173music wrote:yush support the re releases and show both the creators of .hack and general populace that this is a franchise that will stay for many years to come. And that no matter what. .hack will always have a special place in our data erm i mean hearts. I got the .hack sign funimation re release.
Out of curiosity was anything changed or altered in the Funimation release that wasn't present in the original releases for //SIGN?
SCP173music

Post by SCP173music »

Xu Yuan wrote:
SCP173music wrote:yush support the re releases and show both the creators of .hack and general populace that this is a franchise that will stay for many years to come. And that no matter what. .hack will always have a special place in our data erm i mean hearts. I got the .hack sign funimation re release.
Out of curiosity was anything changed or altered in the Funimation release that wasn't present in the original releases for //SIGN?
To be honest i never watched the original release. I turned 18 in may and before i was 16 getting merchandise for anything was rare. it was either expensive or out of my area since didnt have a credit card for online purchases. since 17 however ive been getting the stuff i want. CDs from artists i like. DVDs of series I like. usually i get DVDs at FYE. I also am able to purchase hentai at FYE :3 since im 18. but anyway what i can tell you is the fumation re release contains 4 disks. each containing episodes of the series. and the 4th disks last two episodes are the Intermezzo OVA and the Unison OVA. so theres an extra bang for your buck. to see the difference in quality youd have to look at both versions yourself.
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

Four disks is definitely different. The original releases had 6 disks that had six titles that eventually spelled "LOGOUT". Special features on .hack//SIGN was some art and maybe some songs. I recall that there was an Audio option that played only the music (because it was That good). Did that make it into the newer release?
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Xu Yuan wrote: Did that make it into the newer release?
*checks the dvds* The extras for FUNimation's release are as follows:
.hack//SIGN - 2 OVAs, Promo Video, Commerical Collection, Japanese Trailers ver 1-3,Character Art Reel,Textless OP and ED
.hack//LotT - Character Art Reel, Textless OP/ED, Trailers
.hack//Roots - Promo Video, TV Spots, DVD Release Announcements, Textless OP/ED, Trailers
.hack//G.U. Trilogy - Parody Mode, Promotional Videos, Special TV Program: Making Of, Image Board Gallery, Trailers

The back cover shows a timeline of which order the anime series/movie take place @.@
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

Well that is pretty nice, I don't recall the Music only track ever being advertised though it's just something I stumbled upon when switching language tracks. But it looks like everything is the same as the original release.

Now //G.U. Trilogy never received an English Dub did it? So Funimation just released a fully Japanese movie?
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Xu Yuan wrote:Now //G.U. Trilogy never received an English Dub did it? So Funimation just released a fully Japanese movie?
Yup it just has the japanese audio with english subtitles as there was no dubbed version in the previous release @.@
Falions

Post by Falions »

SSJScygoku wrote:
Xu Yuan wrote: Did that make it into the newer release?
*checks the dvds* The extras for FUNimation's release are as follows:
.hack//SIGN - 2 OVAs, Promo Video, Commerical Collection, Japanese Trailers ver 1-3,Character Art Reel,Textless OP and ED
.hack//LotT - Character Art Reel, Textless OP/ED, Trailers
.hack//Roots - Promo Video, TV Spots, DVD Release Announcements, Textless OP/ED, Trailers
.hack//G.U. Trilogy - Parody Mode, Promotional Videos, Special TV Program: Making Of, Image Board Gallery, Trailers

The back cover shows a timeline of which order the anime series/movie take place @.@
Interesting, I bought a set of SIGN just a few months before Funimation announced they'd be rereleasing them, and it has all the same bonuses as their release. Though, I don't know who published this one.
Falions

Post by Falions »

JinnoftheDesert wrote:so I firmly believe that if the re-releases of the .hack anima do well we will see new translations and possibly new material in the US in the future due to statements that the creators and developers have made in the past. I will be buying them I don't have them yet. I think we should spread the word bring new fans in and hopefully breath new life into the .hack franchise. what do you guys think?
The only thing we can really hope for is for Funimation to license and release Beyond The World for the west. I don't think a few DVD sales is going to trigger much unless it's exponential.
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Falions wrote:Interesting, I bought a set of SIGN just a few months before Funimation announced they'd be rereleasing them, and it has all the same bonuses as their release. Though, I don't know who published this one.
Bandai i'm assuming, or BEEZ if its in the UK @.@

I'm assuming the .hack sales are decent enough as they released them all the way to .hack//G.U. Trilogy without stopping ^.^