Reconguista in G

Discuss new anime, old anime, upcoming anime series, fansubbed anime, etc

Moderator: Moderators

Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Reconguista in G

Post by Kaori »

Gundam Reconguista in G (ガンダム Gのレコンギスタ Gandamu G no Rekongisuta?) is a 2014 science fiction anime series and the thirteenth incarnation of Sunrise's Gundam franchise, created by Yoshiyuki Tomino. It is his first major Gundam project since the 2005-2006 Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam: A New Translation film trilogy and will debut in Fall 2014. It is set in Regild Century, the era set after the Universal Century, and it will follow the adventures of a pilot trainee named Bellri Zenam in the Capital Guard, an organization protecting a space elevator. The character designer is Kenichi Yoshida, and the mecha designer are Akira Yasuda, Ippei Gyōbu, and Kimitoshi Yamane. Yugo Kanno is scoring the music. Madman Entertainment streams the series in Australia and New Zealand via AnimeLab whereas Viewster streams the series in English and German subtitles in Europe.
It's set 1000 years after UC and Mobile suits now have toilets.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Re: Reconguista in G

Post by Kuukai »

Didn't they always? Otherwise... long-range space missions... nevermind.

I saw the first two episodes and it was thoroughly weird. You can tell it's by Tomino.
zaseo

Post by zaseo »

Start watching. It is interesting. Only seen first ep but in a day or two I shall catch up to episode 7 or 8. This also means 2 Gundam series to watch. This and Gundam Build Fighters Try(Season 2).
kai the pkk
The Fang King

Post by kai the pkk »

I'm watching both this and the new build fighters this is like alittle weird I didn't like the first 2 episodes but after episode 4 it seems...okay I guess?
Vallen

Post by Vallen »

It's very weird...but no surprise there. Personally I am very bothered that the animation resembles eureka seven so much (I find myself forgetting this is gundam I am watching)
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

It should be noted that Tomino hates mecha and everything about them. What he likes is "cinematic" story-telling, which he seems to think means anything can happen at any time contrary to the expected narrative flow. Which equals a show on acid.
VirusCoreS

Post by VirusCoreS »

G-self is pretty cute <3

I watched to 2 episodes and.... err, still digesting....
kai the pkk
The Fang King

Post by kai the pkk »

It got pretty good at the moment but I can't get used to it I feel like I'm watching an eureka seven series
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Kuukai wrote:It should be noted that Tomino hates mecha and everything about them. What he likes is "cinematic" story-telling, which he seems to think means anything can happen at any time contrary to the expected narrative flow. Which equals a show on acid.
Well, Killemall said this show is for the kids, I'm avoiding watching it till it ends and I still wanna call BS on him, this is killemall we're talking about, this guy is worse than Urobutcher.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Wasn't Mobile Suit Gundam an attempt at a kids' show?
Kaori
Bellator In Machina
Bellator In Machina

Post by Kaori »

Kuukai wrote:Wasn't Mobile Suit Gundam an attempt at a kids' show?
Nope, it was an attempt to be like Space Battleship Yamato, a Space Opera, heck, even the RX-78's original color scheme was Gunmetal grey to look more like a weapon till the sponsor(Clover, a toy company) suggested a more colorful look to appeal to kids.